Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@CynthieLu wow,  excellent!

I had been holding on to these for awhile, it felt great to go through them @CorgiMommy 😀

@CynthieLu  Great job!!! You definitely used up some luxe items!! 

I had been saving the best for last 😉  @ather I have dwindled down my stash condiderably, so I rewarded myself with the nicer ones I was holding on to. It was a fun month of foils and testers.

August = 3 

1000004828.jpg

I didn't have a set amount to complete this month. I am trying to save up foils for travel. Although, I know I will still have a lot left over. My goal has been to try and use up my full size items to have a consistent skin care routine.

Having a consistent skincare routine is an excellent goal @Mellmars1185! ♥️ Did you love any of these 3 to make one or more part of your skincare routine, or did you find them just okay?

@itsfi  Thank you. Tbh, they were all great. I am not sure how they will be long-term. I would be willing to give them all a shot. I feel overwhelmed by the amount of skincare I have and do not want to waste, and that is why I want to focus on my full-size items. If they work, I will use them up. If not, they will be destashed. I will definitely make note of these ones to revisit when I am done with my FS items. Side note - I gifted some foils to my neighbour with tweens who had specific brands they were interested in and she said her kids were so excited. I think even more long term instead of trying so many different new items, I just want to have just what I need for my skin. I can see why a skincare journal comes in handy! Haha. Sorry for the rant.

I do the same thing 💕 if the full-size is available 💕 @Mellmars1185 💕

Oh my goodness, absolutely no need to apologize @Mellmars1185. It was hardly a rant either. It's wonderful that you were able to rehome so many great things to your neighbors - it was a win, win! You were able to offload some products that might have otherwise sat in your stash for some time and you were able to bring joy and excitement to someone else (and possibly, the gift of a new skincare regimen for them as well! 🙌 

I know skincare journals have worked wonders for a few folks here. It's a lovely exercise and a nice way to also get in some quiet time for yourself. It's all too easy (I know!!!) to get caught up in picking up the next new thing or something on your wish list (or a few somethings) that you've been wanting to try. It can pile up and before you know it, your skincare collection can look like a small apothecary. 😅 Been there and done that. And have rinsed and repeated that cycle more times than I care to admit.

Some days are better than others, but I've been happier with having what works for me and a handful (admittedly, a larger handful than most but certainly leaps less than before) of beauties that I want to try. There are definitely certain category of beauty products that are easier for me to let go of and others that are easier for me to hoard (boo!) - I'm still learning. Like you, my approach is that if it doesn't work for me after a good trialing, I'll move on. There are a few items I will set aside if they were okay enough or if I thought they might work better for my skin in a different season, and I try to make a point of reaching for it then again.

We all have a balance of new, tried and true, and next-thing-I-want-to-try products that work best for our skin, hair, etc. and our lifestyle and budget. You'll figure out what works best for you. 

Ouch, okay, my unintended dissertation is over. Whoops. Sorry. 

TL;DR: You got this, mellmars! 😁 (I should have started with that! 🤣)

@itsfi Thanks for understanding. My skincare routine has been consistent so I hope to get through things slowly and surely.

@Mellmars1185  I think you still did a fabulous job! I like to use foils for travel also! 

Ooh do you have a trip planned? 🎉😀

How were the peels @Mellmars1185 ? I have this sample too but I'm a bit nervous tbh

@CynthieLu Yes I am going to Sephoria! The peels were good. I have used them before. I feel like they get the dead skin off of my face but I only ever use them one in a blue moon. They didn't irritate my skin. I have oily skin.

Oooh really! That is sooo awesome! Have you ever been to one before?? @Mellmars1185 that's exciting 😀💕

This will be my first! Travel tips welcome! Hahah @CynthieLu 

@missaa8, how did the Kiehl's mask perform for you? Is it one you'd purchase a full size?

I would totally use my points to purchase, @itsfi 💖 

Checking in early with my monthly update as I won't be using any foils the rest of the month. My goal for August was to use 10 foils. I only made my way through these 6. 

August 2023 Foils.jpg

Product Details:
Spoiler
I like using the Shiseido Ultra Sun Protector Lotion SPF 50 as a body sunscreen.

keenoniks Wonder Remedy Moisturizing Face Cream contains ceramide and cica; it's soothing and moisturizing, has a slightly earthy, herbaceous scent. It's a like, not a love, for me - that's primarily due to there being a handful of moisturizers I like to rotate through; I'm not in need of another moisturizer. 

Dermalogica Daily Milkfoliant Exfoliator 2.6 oz / 74 g - the original Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant was the first powder exfoliating cleanser I've ever use. I was interested when Dermalogica came out with a powder geared towards dry and sensitive skin. This one is nice; it has a pale beige hue and I detect an oat scent to it (courtesy of the oats ( 11th, 21st, and 22nd ingredient listed). It leaves my skin clean, clear and refreshed, and without feeling tight, stripped or irritated.

Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation  is one of my favorite tinted base products, a repeated repurchase. There's so many things I love about this one - lightweight, evens tone, and doesn't irritate my skin. I can sheer it easily when I want lighter coverage or build it up for a slightly more than medium coverage. Gives a dewy, glowy finish without looking oily. 

8 The Thalasso CBD Refreshing Cleanse Serum Shampoo and 8 The Thalasso CBD Balancing Damage Repair Treatment were new to me; I'd never heard of the brand until I received these foil samples with a purchase of some sheet masks. Both are lightweight and did what they were intended to do, and I'd use them again if I had them, but I don't think they're ones that I'd go for in full size. 
September Foil Goals
Spoiler
I have 3 goals for September as far as my foil samples go -

(1) To declutter most of my foils - this is my main goal for next month. I picked up way more than I thought I had somewhere along the way. 😲🤔 It's still a ton less than I've had in the past but my current stash isn't really the  very small, curated selection of foils I was aiming maintain. 😆 Going to get that back on track. 

(2) To pull out 10-12 foils of new-to-me products (skincare, makeup, hair care, body care, etc.) to try to use in September.

(3) To use 80% of the foil samples that I set aside for next month, so about 8-10 foils. That's 2 - 2.5 foils of new-to-me items per week which seems like it will strike a good balance for trying out new things and sticking with a routine that works for me. 

@itsfi Good luck in September. I think you have a great method for getting through your foils. I appreciate your organization and approach. 🩷 It inspires me to be less disorganized in my foil use 😁

@CynthieLu, that's nice of you to say. I feel like for me, having it organized or structuring an approach helps to keep me focused. Otherwise, I can easily forget to ever reach for a foil, but I do have to be careful not to be too structured because that might not leave room for spontaneity or for listening to what my skin needs and instead adhering too strongly to something that might not be the best fit for my skin at the moment. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos117
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg