Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. thatโ€™s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Hereโ€™s what Iโ€™ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Foil Challenge

April goal is 18. I have thrown in a few deluxe samples  I have officially run out of facial cleansers in my stash. Without the cleansers, my numbers will be lower now moving forward. Looking forward to trying some new items this month like the perfume sample.

20230405_201746.jpg

โ€ƒ

I'm seeing a lot of lovely skincare samples @Mellmars1185! Super curious to know your thoughts on the two different exfoliating powders from Dermalogica.

@itsfi Thank you! I am really behjnd this month in trying my foils. I will definitely report back. I have the full size Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g and I am enjoying it. It is gentle yet effective. My hopes are the foils will be excellent aswell. 

Itโ€™s all good @Mellmars1185. Sometimes using the products we normally use instead of foils is what is best for us. 

I used the Dermalogica Microfoliant years ago. They released a new version, in blue packaging earlier this year or maybe late last year; itโ€™s said to be more โ€œmilkyโ€ and geared towards drier skin types. 

@Mellmars1185 Thats a great selection!  And hurray for finishing cleanser samples!

@missjeanie Thank you very much ๐Ÿ’“

@Mellmars1185  Great choices! I love that you threw in some DS!!! Good luck!! 

I actually love using cleanser samples itโ€™s an easy one for me!! 

@Mellmars1185 

When I did this challenge yearsago the makeup ones were the toughest for me.  

Also I had so many Fresh Soy Cleanser deluxe samples to use.  I don't think I purchased a cleanser all year

@CorgiMommy I think my approach with the makeup foils will be just to try it to see if I like it. If I don't I will destash it right away.

@ather Thank you! I think the hardest category for me to use will be the makeup samples. I also have a lot of primers to get through. It is really quite eye opening!

Hi! Iโ€™m new here. Can you tell me what foils are and how you get them? Thank you!

@Martin69 Welcome to BIC!

Hi @Martin69 Welcome to BIC!!  Foils are usually single use samples of a product that come in a little foil envelope.  Most of the time I get them tossed into orders that I place with different beauty retailers.  Sometimes there's a code to enter for them, sometimes they're tossed in automatically, sometimes you get to choose them.  If you're looking at the Sephora site, there's usually two 'foils' that you can choose with every order, but of course they're limited to what's on hand when your order is packed.  

Thank you!

I had pulled 26 specific foils for March. I ended up finishing 24 of those and an additional 6 for a total of 32. I still have to plan my foils for April.

20230402_152444.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Mellmars1185  Great job. You did wonderful!!! You must be getting through your stash!! 

@ather Thank you! Yes I am getting through. There are many more to go! But every month I make a dent. I think it will take me longer as the months go by because I am running out of some categories of foils. That is ok though. This challenge is evolving for me ๐Ÿ˜Š

That's a great job on your foils! @Mellmars1185 ๐Ÿฅณ

@CynthieLu Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™

@Mellmars1185, great job on your foils! Good mix of hair care and skincare.

@itsfi Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg