Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@missjeanie  I didn’t feel wowed by them with just a small amount. Maybe a bigger sample would be better to tell but just from the sample I would pass. 

@ather Now the REAL question: did you like any of them enough to possibly consider repurchasing them?

@CookieGirl1  Jet leg I love and have 2 back up tubes already! The others are good but not enough research to say I would. I have loves in all those categories already. 

@ather I wanted to love Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask + Moisturizer 2.25 oz/ 64 g and it was just so-so for me but I'm happy that you love it!

@CookieGirl1  Darn!!!! There’s so many other great masks like this out there. I’m sure you found one you love!! That happened to me a lot. People rave about something and it ends up not working for me but everyone else loves it. What’s your favourite mask in that category? 

@ather I tend to think of masks like that as just overnight moisturizer substitutes, really, so for a comparable type of product I like the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml much better.  I used to use that one as my nightly moisturizer and I LOVED it.

@CookieGirl1  I just finished this container actually and I found it to be meh. It’s crazy how different everyone’s skin is! But it’s awesome you have one you love!

Ohhh, those are foils of some fabulous products I spy here @ather! 😍 Will be curious for your take on the AP moisturizer. I like it but since my skin is on the dehydrated and dry side this time of year, it works better as a serum for me. It can work as a light moisturizer for me when we’re at the height of the summer season here.

@itsfi  Thanks! I am copying you! There’s 5-6 of those there so I am hoping to see how well it works. I will probably use it as more of a serum and use BRC over top! 

@ather, I’ll be interested to hear your take on it as a serum under the amazing BRC! 😊 I don’t know if I’d purchase a full size for use just as a serum because there are soooo many great serums out there but it is something I consider when AmorePacific has their sets. Speaking of AP, I’m not seeing it anymore at Sephora; not sure if they’re reformulating or if they’re just no longer having that particular brand of theirs at Sephora. 🤔 

@itsfi  I was very underwhelmed by the AP. I don’t think it added much. I have many other serums that I like more including Glaze! And I wouldn’t purchase it. It also had a strong perfume smell. I have a bunch of break outs now too. So hard to say who caused them. I can’t pinpoint anything but it’s my number 1 suspect 🔍🕵🏻 I have tried other AP products before and remember loving them. I also noticed it’s not on Sephora. I wonder if they didn’t do well so they pulled out? 

I love the brands of all your samples @ather they are sooooo good!

Was that One Size a primer trial? I'm trying to read it but I can't make it out properly 🧐

@CynthieLu  It’s ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Secure the Blur Makeup Magnet Primer 1.18 oz/ 35 mL  I really enjoyed it. I haven’t tried a ton of one size and it made me want to try more. But right now I’m on a no spending until the spring sale and I want to use up everything I have! 

@ather Great progress. I find it is so helpful to put them where you will use them. Today, i put a men's shower gel in the shower and told my son to use it 😅

@Mellmars1185  So smart! Did he like it?

@ather He said he did, but he didn't have too much to say, lol

@Mellmars1185  my little man (4) says 10,000 words before breakfast. They must stop taking as they get older 🤣

@ather I think you could be right. Mine used to talk a lot when he was that age! That is too cute. Sounds like he has a lot of energy when he wakes up 💚

@Mellmars1185 You're a smart mama 😉

@CynthieLu Haha, thank you. I am unsure if I should count this as a foil lol🤔

Definitely count it!! @Mellmars1185 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg