Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@CynthieLu  Thanks for the encouragement! Life has been hectic for me and I don’t know why but reaching for foils seems to just be a bit more than I could do. But I am back on track and strategic placement helps me use them. 

@ather Sorry to hear you were not having the greatest night. I hope things got better for you.

@Mellmars1185  It’s just been so crazy busy adding another thing to my tower would make me feel like it would topple. But tonight was my sins last swimming lesson till the fall and my husband got news he will be back in 2 weeks which is way earlier than expected so all good! I had today off and I organized and cleaned my house so I am feeling a lot better! I tend to get more anxious when my house is upside down. 

@ather I understand. Congratulations on your son finishing his swimming lessons. I am glad you got a day to yourself to reset and do what is important for you. I totally feel the same way about my house. There is always something to do. I think it bothers me the most, so I am usually the one cleaning every week. Sometimes I have to skip a week if I have something going on on the wknd. The main thing I have learned is to take care of me first so I can take care of others.

@Mellmars1185  It was amazing! I’m with you. It bothers me more than my spouse so I’m always cleaning. He cleans but not the same!

Good morning, Fabulous Foil Friends!! 😊 Stopping by with my mid-month check-in. 

March 2023: Mid-month foil challenge check-inMarch 2023: Mid-month foil challenge check-in

The photo was from last night, before my evening skincare routine. I had one last foil packet of the EADEM Milk Marvel Dark Spot Serum with Niacinamide and Vitamin C 1 oz/ 30 mL that I have been testing for the past 14 days. There's enough product in a single foil to split into 2 uses - half in the morning and half in the evening. I've used up all 14 foils and I'm digging the results - my complexion looks brighter and more clear. The discoloration on my cheeks looks lighter and it appears that there's less clusters of sun / dark spots. There still some uneven tone but it's only been 14 days so that's to be expected. Results after the last couple of weeks look promising. Right now, I'm waffling over whether to pick up a full size now or to wait for the spring sale. Decisions, decisions. 

I've been focusing on the Eadem samples up until now so I haven't reached for the other foils I set aside for this month, but I placed the foils of the Verb shampoo and conditioner on the shelf in the shower and one foil of the body lotion on the bathroom counter, for use this morning. So far I'm on track to finish the foils I set aside for the month but I have a feeling I may not get to the Benefit primer - it seems like something better suited for the warmer weather when my lower T-zone is a lot more oily. It's been uncharacteristically cold for this time of the year so if the weather stays the same, I may hold off on that foil packet to use next month. We shall see. @ather 

@itsfi Um.... The EADEM Milk Marvel Dark Spot Serum with Niacinamide and Vitamin C 1 oz/ 30 mL sounds wonderful!  Any day now I'll be finishing up a tube of the Topicals Faded Serum for Dark Spots & Discoloration 1.7 oz/ 50 mL ... maybe I should be checking out the Eadem next!  I have a few sun spots that aren't bad enough to want to laser off, but I'm willing to try and fade them with topicals.  

@missjeanie, I'm very happy with the results from the Eadem serum; hoping that it will be around during the sale. 

I've lived with some dark spots for a long time so I'm used to it - I'll never have a completely flawless mug - it's all good, like I said, these dark spots have been around for a while. At this point, it's not worth the scarring/discoloration/pigmentation I am 99% sure I will experience from lasers. I have fair / light skin and the dark spots are well, dark, so I'd probably be an ideal candidate for laser in that regard but my skin is also very sensitive and reactive to anything and practically evertything - even when I don't pick at my pimples, they leave some discoloration; it does fade away, but it takes time and I'm just not sure about what that looks like with lasers. 

@itsfi Fair enough.  Lasers aren't for everyone.  I had some dark ones that I removed with laser years ago, but I also will never have flawless skin.  And that's okay.  I wouldn't mind preventing some of the lighter ones I have now from turning darker though.  I've got this one marked to try!

Ooh that's wonderful @itsfi If only all skin care new trys could go so well 😋

I love that your skin is loving the new trial and having promising results. It's great when products do well on our faces 🥳

Right @CynthieLu! My skin can be sensitive so I have to watch out to not add too many new things all at once, and to give it some time to get used to a new product. Having a 2-week supply of this serum was very helpful. 

@itsfi  Wow!! I am loving the results from this serum!! I need to check it out!! I think the 14 pack foils is a lovely idea to really gain an idea of if something will work for you. I wish they would offer these more!!

Great job staying on track!!! 

Completely agree @ather! Having some time to try out a product really helps to inform my decision. In the past I would have likely just gone for a full size. Not to say I wouldn’t do that now but since I’ve been more selective with my products, particularly my skincare products, I’m much more inclined to try to get my hands on a sample size that will really allow me to see how something performs and to see how that works before running to pick up a full size. I’m treating my skin better these days, or at least I’m trying to, and even though there are a lot of good products on the market that catch my eye, I’m making a conscious effort to not just jump at picking it up right away. 

@itsfi Wow, it sounds like the Eadem serum is really working for you. When you have multiple samples, it is much easier to gauge how the product works for you. I think it is smart that you are using them all in a row so you can see the results. I think putting the foils where you will use them is also a great idea. Sometimes, when they are out of sight, they are out of mind. Keep up the great mindful decisions. Excellent progress. It makes sense to pick up during the sale if you can wait. Hopefully it is in stock 🤞

@Mellmars1185, I love it when brands have these 7 or 10 or 14, in this case, samples for testing. It’s so much more helpful to gauge how a product performs. 

Ouhh this looks like a fun challenge

to attempt to keep the samples under control.  Tonight I will be using 5 samples but likely using up only 4.  The only one that’s new to me is the Summer Friday’s Midnight Ritual Retinol Renewal Serum, so I intend to use it sparingly until I know how potent it is . 

967DB5F3-153E-4554-AFBC-4FF92FBD7292.jpeg

March -

A big "yes!" to keeping samples under control @heartsmyface! It doesn't seem to take long for the pile to grow, especially with online purchases from Asian Beauty stores - certain ones can be super generous with the samples. 😲 I see some great products I really like (Kerastase, YTTP) in your set of samples and some that I have heard rave reviews about. How's your skin liking the Summer Fridays retinol serum?

Wise call taking it easy with the retinol until you see how it is with your skin @heartsmyface. Have fun with your foils! I hope the new serum works out for you 😁

@CynthieLu  Ha, yeah I learned my lesson with the DE retinol cream.  I thought I had a pretty high and established tolerance for retinoids but it peeled me  good.  ha, I’m still a little hesitant to reach for the DE. 

@heartsmyface Great choices. I have been seeing the Kerastase mask lately. I am curious to know how you like it and how long you left it in for?

@Mellmars1185  Oh I love it! I received it gratis a few years back from TeamBIC and have repurchased it twice since.  I throw it on at night and sleep in it and wake up with soft hair.  it does now have competition with the K-18 leave in treatment.  I don’t find one better or worse than the other.  Maaaybe the K-18 is better but it may just be that’s it’s still novel to me.  

Conversation Stats
Photos111
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg
  • 20230228_171043.jpg