Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oily Skin

Skincare Regimes! Let's talk about them!

Hello friends! I am always curious to know what people's skincare regimes are; how can a skincare fanatic not want to see what other people are using!

My skin is very strange, it is combination (very) oily, dehydrated, and acne prone along with reactive to various products.

Without further ado, here is my current skincare routine!

Morning:

1. Cleanse - Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
  2. Tone - FAB Facial Radiance Pads
  3. Hydratation Tone - 100% Pure Rose Water
  4. Serum - Peter Thomas Roth Viz 1000 Hydrating Serum
  5. Moisturize - Fresh Rose Hydrating Gel
  6. Eye Cream - Fresh Lotus Eye Gel

Night:

1. Cleanse - Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
  2. Tone - FAB Facial Radiance Pads
  3. Hydratation Tone - 100% Pure Rose Water
  4. Treat - Kielhs Midnight Recovery Concentrate

** My nose is very breakout prone, so I do not apply any product to it during the day and use a prescription topical acne medication on it every night to stop the clogged pores **

Lips - Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm

Specific Days

• SUNDAY
    • Shave
    • Exfoliate - Clinique Face Scrub (Mens line)
  • TUESDAY
    • Glamglow Supermud Mask
  • WEDNESDAY
    • Shave
  • SATURDAY
    • Glamglow Powermud Mask

And there you have it! My wonderful, yet crazy, skincare regime!

I am EXTREMELY interested in seeing what your skincare regime is as I am new to the Advice Talks!

I definitely look forward to seeing the different combinations of products and also looking to see what other products I could potentially use!

I love Skincare! It's the best!

Michael, xo

Re: Skincare Regimes! Let's talk about them!

Yay! Another guy on BT! Smiley Happy

My skincare routine is really simple. Nothing fancy. I think I need something to get rid of my scars faster though. 

Mornings:

• I wash my face with a wash cloth and water
  • Clinique Moisturizing Gel 
  • Clean and Clear Persa Gel 10 (sometimes)
  • Cetaphil Oil Control SPF 30 or Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 30
  • makeup

Nights:

• I either use Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser or Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser to take off my makeup and wash my face at the same time
  • Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid
  • Clinique Moisturizing Gel
  • Boots Botanics Facial Oil (just a drop mixed in with the Clinique moisturizer)
  • Alpha Hydroxy Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener
  • Tretinoin

Sometimes I think to myself, less is more, but it never happens! I can't stop myself!

I am glad to see that there are a few guys on BT! Makes me happy Smiley Happy!

I need a sunscreen in my regime and I was looking at the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 30. How is it? Does it keep you matte? Also, does it make you breakout? One last question, where do you get the SPF 30, all I can find are SPF 45 + in stores!

Thanks for participating, Andy! 

Michael, xo

I love it! It doesn't keep me matte (it doesn't claim to anyway) but it definitely doesn't make me oily. It feels really lightweight on my skin! I normally shop at Target for my skincare/makeup. It should be in the sunscreen section of any store Smiley Happy

What do you use for your scars? I'm always on the hunt for something that will diminish them! I have red marks and deep "ice pick" scars as they are sometimes referred to as. I would love to get some suggestions for scar products!

For scars, you want to use products with Vitamin E or products that will chemically exfoliate the face in order to produce faster skin cell growth to cover the scars! Although no product will completely get rid of scars, some can significantly diminish them.

I would suggest the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel for a chemical exfoliation as they contain a lot of glycolic acid. 

In addition, the Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum will brighten hyperpigmentation (your red marks) as it contains hydroquinone which essentially bleaches the skin to make it brighter. 

You can also try Bio Oil which I know works for some people but also does not for some other people!

Hopefully other members can give you some suggestions too!

Michael, xo

I love hearing about people's skin care routines too!  I'm in the process of experimenting and switching some of my products around, so I'm definitely interested in hearing about what products other people love. Up until recently I was using almost all Philosophy products for everything, but some of them randomly stopped working for me and my skin was completely freaking out.  This is what I'm using at the moment, and my skin seems to like the new eye cream and moisturizer a lot.  I also enjoy learning about the products other people use!

@immichaeld - how are the FAB Facial Radiance Pads working for you?  I've really liked all the products I've sampled from the FAB line so far, and I've been thinking of trying those out! 

Morning:

1. Cleanse - Philosophy Purity Cleanser

2. Serum - Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough

3. Eye Cream - First Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Eye Cream

4. Moisturizer - Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

5. Sunscreen - Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 45

Night:

1. Neutrogena Make-Up Removing Wipes

2. Cleanse - Philosophy Purity Cleanser

3. Retinol Treatment - Doctor's Skin Prescription Rejuvenating Retinol Serum

4. Eye Cream - First Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Eye Cream

5. Facial Moisturizer - Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

6. Body Moisturizer - First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

7. Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

Specific Days

SUNDAY

- Clarisonic

- Bliss Fabu-lips Sugar Lip Scrub

- Bliss Foot Patrol Exfoliating Cream/At-home Pedicure

MONDAY
- Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque

WEDNESDAY
- Bliss Pore Perfecting Facial Polish

THURSDAY
- Clarisonic

What a great routine! Sounds like you know what your doing and what your skin likes!

I used to use Purity, but being the guy I am, I always tend to switch up my cleanser for some reason. I loved Purity, the scent and cleanliness I got from it was great!

FAB is an excellent company! Again, I used to use their face cleanser but switched it up (it too, was great)! 

I LOVE the radiance pads, I seriously cannot live without them. They do wonders for my skin, especially paired with the rose water. The effect of them makes your skin tight due to the glycolic and lactic acids as well as the chemical exfoliation it has in it. However, once I spray the rose water, the skin is calm, toned, and ready for the next steps. The pads really give radiance, even out, and help with acne and other skin concerns!

Do you recommend the clarisonic?! I've been on the edge about it for the longest time!

Thanks for sharing your regime! 

Xo

Thank you for the info about the FAB radiance pads!  I will have to add them to my list of products to try.  I would definitely recommend the Clarisonic, it's made such a huge difference in my skin's texture and tone! 

Also, have you ever tried the Origins GinZing Eye Cream?! 

I have a feeling you'll really like it if you use the FAB 5 in 1. It's not an antiaging eye cream but one that highly reduces puffiness and dark circles (for those days when you need that). 

Like the FAB eye cream, it gives a very nice glow underneath the eye by having a peachy tone. It really changes the appearance of tired eyes.

Definitely worth looking into and getting a sample Smiley Very Happy!

That sounds awesome! I have really bad dark circles, so anything to help reduce them would be wonderful. While I like the FAB eye cream a lot, I'm still open to trying out other ones.  I'm only 25, so I probably could use a more basic eye cream for a few more years without having to worry since I'm good about sunscreen and use the retinol serum at night.  My dermatologist actually thinks that all the heavy duty anti-aging stuff in the Philosophy Miracle Worker products I was using might have been too much for my younger skin which could have been why it freaked out so badly. 

Yay for skincare geeks, and yay for guys on BT!  More of both please.

My regime is all about anti-aging these days.  It's all about moisturizing and does me good.  I love to change things up fairly regularly and try out all my samples, but the principles stay the same: treat, exfoliate often and gently, and moisturize.

At the moment it's a bit of a Peter Thomas Roth fest and no samples.

EVENING

• Clarins Express eye makeup remover (with Shiseido Facial Cottons.  Lovely.)
  • PTR Anti-aging Cleansing Gel with water and a washcloth
  • PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pad
  • PTR Laser-free Resurfacing Eye Serum (the one with dragon's blood.  Dragon's blood!!!)
  • Clinique Smart Serum
  • Shiseido Benefiance night cream
  • Caudalie hand cream

MORNING

• Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum
  • Clarins HydraQuench day cream
  • Origins Plantscriptions Anti-aging eye treatment
  • Primer, makeup

SUNDAY

• Another exfoliation treatment of some kind
  • A deep moisturizing mask 
  • Organic Rosehip oil on my face, neck, shoulders and décolleté 
  • Shiseido night cream again
  • Hair mask if I can be bothered
  • Maybe a full body scrub (using Soap and Glory Flake Away ATM)

MIDWEEK

• Ole Henriksen three step treatment (the one with the almond scrub, lemon peel and chamomile calming mask)

EVERY OTHER NIGHT

• Dior Abricot nail cream massaged into my nails

Wow.  Looking back on that I seem awfully high maintenance.  Doesn't feel like it though!

I have tested the Smart Serum in the store and was looking to buy it, however, the sephora rep told me it wasn't for me just yet considering my skin is still young and does not have any outstanding problems aside from the odd blemish or two. 

Maybe I'll look for it when I am older though Smiley Happy!

Thanks for sharing, xo!

Yeah.  I'm old.  Smiley Happy  I'm liking the Smart Serum so far.  I was a little dubious as I've had catastrophic skincare experiences with Clinique in the past.  But that was a long time ago.  I figured it was time to give them another chance.

I do love hearing about other people's skin care regimes!! Here's mine (I have normal to oily skin, prone to breakouts on my chin, I'm 24)

Morning

Cleanse - Mario Badescu Enzyme cleansing gel

Tone - Biologique Recherche P50

Tone (spray) - Mario Badescu aloe vera toner 

Treat - DDF benzoyle peroxide gel

Serum - PTR camu camu serum

Eye cream - whatever sample I'm working through (I have so many!)

Moisturize - Depends, could use dermatologica active moist, Intelligent Nutrients anti-age lotion, or Algenist anti-aging regenerative lotion

Night

Makeup remover - REN cleansing balm

Cleanse - Biologique Recherche Lait VIP O2

Tone - Some peel pad (PTR, Bliss, etc) or P50 again

Tone (spray) - Mario Badescu aloe vera toner

Treat - PTR AHA/BHA gel

Serum - PTR Retinol PM

Eye cream - samples again

Oil - Intellgient nutrients anti-aging oil

Lotion - Mario Badescu seaweed night cream, clinique moisture surge intense, or algenist anti-aging regenerative lotion

Sunday

Light physical exfoliation - Clinique 7 day scrub

Shave (I don't like the little bit of peach fuzzies I have on my face)

Tuesday/Thursday

Clay mask - Pores be pure (From ulta), glamglow, Queen Helen

Saturday

Peel or sheet mask 

I want Mario Badescu in my life SO badly! However, I cannot find them anywhere in Canada!

If anyone knows where to get Mario Badescu's products in Ontario (Toronto), will you let me know please?!

What have been your favourite eye creams from the samples you have used?!

Thanks for posting, xo!

A store in Yorkville called Pir carries some Mario Badescu's products Smiley Happy If you fill out the skin diagnosis on MB's website, they will send you some samples to try out too.

I have pretty normal under eyes (no wrinkles, not too puffy or dark circles) so I don't need anything super intense. So far, my favorites have been the Mario Badescu Hyalauronic eye cream, Sunday Riley's Start Over eye cream (great on days when I do get puffy eyes) and Fresh Black Tea eye concentrate. All are wonderfully hydrating without being too heavy. 

Right now, as I stated, I am using the Fresh Lotus Eye Gel. However every time I wear it, my eyes get really irritated. I read somewhere that the lemon in it causes irritations but I have to do further research to see if that is true. I also think I developed a stye from it... but I am not 100% certain.

I love Fresh products too!

Morning:

Benefits face cleanser

Aloe Vera toner

Kiehl's dark spot solution serum

Cle de Peau essential correcting refiner

Origins perfect world day cream spf 25

Kiehl's super fluid spf 50 sunscreen (for summer)

Giorgio Armani Regenessence eye serum

Evening:

The Body Shop camomile cleansing oil

Aloe Vera toner

Estee Lauder ANR serum

Fresh rose hydrating gel

RMK eye gel

Tuesday:

Cle de Peau massage cream

Friday:

Fresh sugar polish

Fresh rose mask

Sunday:

Clay mask

Fresh fresh fresh! Fresh is the best! Lol, there's my little happy dance for a fellow Fresh lover.

What do you think of The Body Shop camomile cleansing oil? Is it effective? What does it claim to do for the skin?!

Thanks for sharing your routine, xo!

TBS camomile cleansing oil is very effective for removing makeup and you don't really need a cleanser after. The texture is similar to Shu Uemura cleansing oil (pink), but much cheaper!

I LOVE seeing other people's routines. I'm new to taking really good care of my skin, so always looking for new things Smiley Happy FYI, I'm 22 and my skin is pretty dehydrated and acne-prone (but slowing down as I get a little older).

Morning

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

La Roche Posay Effaclar Serum

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil

Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse

Origins Plantscriptives eye cream

Night

Ole Henriksen Brightening Facial Wipes

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner

Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Serum

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Night Cream (retinol, usually every other day)

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado Oil

Kate Somerville Eradikate spot treatment

1-2x/week

Kiehl's Epidermal Re-texturizing Microdermabrasion or Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing mask

Body

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Body Scrub (1x/week)

Trader Joe's Coconut body butter 

Whew, that sounds like a lot...but it takes like 5 minutes.  

I'm 22 as well! Glad to see I am not the only crazy youngin with my routine!

I used to use the Argan Oil as my daily moisturizer, however, I just could not get used to the feeling on my face. I know it was supposed to target my oil production and control it, and it may have, but throughout the day I had never been that oily in my life. Unfortunately, I had to return it!

Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner sounds interesting! How do you like it?

I am all about the prevention! My skin is suuuper dehydrated despite being acne-prone, so I find that the argan oil sinks in really quickly. It's the only thing I've found that helps prevent my makeup getting cakey and dry.

The toner I found from a few beauty blogs, and I actually just started using it so no real opinion yet. I can say that it makes my skin feel clean but not tight at all, which is an issue I've had in the past with toners. And I've noticed it's tightening my pores a bit! Plus it's cheap and fairly natural Smiley Happy I'm actually very interested in trying the FAB Facial Radiance pads - from your description it sounds like they might work well with this toner after to hydrate.

75 Replies
Conversation Stats