Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! โค๏ธ  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@caitbird  wow!!! Great job! These are truly amazing!!!โ€™ Do you have any tips or tricks that helped that you can share?? 

@ather  thank you so much! As far as tips - when I was first trying to stop biting my nails, I used press ons a lot so I wouldn't have access to my actual nails to bite them. That worked pretty well, and eventually I didn't need the press ons anymore bc I had broken the habit. I use nail oil (my favorite is the Bliss Kiss one, you can get it on Amazon), although not as consistently as I'd like, and that seems to help them grow stronger. The other thing was just patience and time - in my experience when you are growing your nails out at first, they tend to break pretty easily. Mine would be longer now, but several times over the past several months one would break and I'd have to trim them all down to that length and start again from there. But I found that the longer I went on, the stronger my nails were. I think they need time to build up layers of growth to be less thin & brittle. Idk I'm not an expert by any means, so I don't know how helpful any of that is. Good luck with your nails - I hope you can grow them so you are happy with them! 

@caitbird  Thank you for the tips! Itโ€™s good to hear that they are weak at first but they will get stronger! I can see where the damage is on mine and for the most part it is on the tips. So fingers crossed they will only get stronger and stronger from here. Iโ€™m glad you were able to break your habit! As a former nail biter myself it was a tough habit to break! I havenโ€™t bite my nails for a long time but I know how hard it was to stop. Such a great accomplishment!! I will be as patient as I can and try to wait for my nails to grow! 

What a stunning transformation, @caitbird ! ๐Ÿคฉ  I'm so proud of you for your restraint and dedication.  As a former nail biter, I can identify with your struggle.  Enjoy the upcoming fun and excitement the manicure world hold for your awesome looking nails! ๐Ÿ˜˜

@Titian06  thank you so much, you are so sweet ๐Ÿ’œ I'm excited to be able to paint my nails now!

@caitbird Wow! That is incredible! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฉ You should be so proud of yourself.  A *huge* congratulations is in order. Nail biting is a hard habit to break. ๐ŸŽŠ Congratulations girl! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ 

I'm smiling so big right now. You did amazing, and your natural nails are so beautiful. ๐Ÿ™Œ  

@CynthieLu  thank you so much, I really appreciate your kind words! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@caitbird Girrrrrlllll, that's awesome!  Congrats on breaking a habit and for getting that kind of nail growth!

@CookieGirl1  thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜Š

OHHHHH!!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ @caitbird, there's so many things I want to say! First, let's just recognize the hard work you put into your nail care! Brava!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I am so impressed by and proud of you! #extraordinary #inspired Second, I am beyond happy for youโฃ๏ธ 

truly amazing gif.gif

P.S. It is a mani. ๐Ÿ’… A natural mani. And it's beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. 

I have to include a tag to @ather - we've been on a journey to strengthen and grow our nails. ather, check this out! ๐Ÿ‘† There's some major motivation and inspiration in those pics!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us, caitbird. You are an inspiration!  

@itsfi  Ooo thanks! โ˜บ๏ธ Iโ€™ll check it out!! 

@itsfi  thank you so much, you are so sweet! ๐Ÿฅฐ I appreciate your kind words so much (and thank you for tagging @ather , I knew I was forgetting someone!) ๐Ÿ’œ

@caitbird  Iโ€™m just so proud of your progress!! 

I did two looks this month, both with Sally Hansen Leaf Me Be and Smith & Cult Sugarette. The first one I wanted a lot of green because I like this green. After it was on I started looking at it and thought the colors reminded me of a favorite flower, Lily of the Valley. So I flipped them the next time for a Lily of the Valley inspired look.

1st.jpgLily of the Valley.jpg

Thank  you everyone!!

Gorgeous color combo @Samtian! I definitely see the lily of the valley inspo! btw, that is such a beautiful flower!

I agree @Samtian using your favorite flower as inspiration is a lovely idea. This turned out beautifully. ๐Ÿ˜

Those colors look really pretty, @Samtian.  I can see why you thought of lilies when you combined them ๐Ÿ™‚

@Samtian  Both creations are beautiful! ๐Ÿ˜ 

@Samtian  both looks are so pretty, I love the colors you chose! And I adore the idea of doing a mani (or maybe even a makeup look) inspired by a favorite flower! Definitely will have to try that myself sometime!

I like the green too @Samtian ๐Ÿฅฐ both are so pretty!

1 Reply
testing