Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Orly has 40% off site wide.

Code:  NAILDAY

Screenshot_20230601_154354.jpg

@Titian06 Oh i missed Nail Day . Great discount.

That’s a good one @Titian06 ! 😃

Thanks for sharing @Titian06! My heart thanks you but I’m pretty sure I can hear my wallet grumbling…

Color Club has their striper polishes ($4) buy one, get one.

Code:  BE-YOU-BOGO

Screenshot_20230601_082846.jpg

Thank you for the heads-up @Titian06!! But I am on a NO BUY 🙈 until July sales! 🤑💸

Turquoise skittle / ombre mani with my thumb and ring finger nails featuring a turquoise gradient using each of the turquoise polishes in the ombre mani, but with a different application method on each nail. 

T - Turquoise ombré 1.jpg

Sephora Collection L200 Palm Leaf Aqua (pinky) is the deepest of the three turquoise shades and surprisingly, the most opaque with one coat.

Nails Inc. Endless Recycle (middle) is a soft minty green shade that requires 2 coats for a fully opaque and more even finish.

Gucci 713 Dorothy Turquoise (index) is a pretty turquoise. Two coats is ideal but I can achieve a slightly opaque and mildly glossy finish with one coat. 

Gradient Effect:
T - Turquoise ombré Tools.jpg
With makeup wedge / sponge & rolling method (thumb): This is how I first learned to create a gradient effect. I've heard of two different methods to do this (though I'm sure there may be more) - by applying color onto the end of the wedge sponge, and then (1) tapping the sponge onto the nail or (2) rolling the sponge onto the nail. In the past, I've used the first method of tapping the sponge, but this time, I tried the rolling method, which for me, gives me a cleaner, smoother look before using a top coat - I get less air bubbles with this rolling method. 

With nail gradient brush (ring): My first go with this brush didn't go as well as I had hoped but once I figured how to make it work for me, I find I like using it more than a makeup wedge for creating a gradient look, which I attribute primarily to not feeling like I have to use liquid latex around my nails. 
T - Turquoise ombré 2.jpg

@itsfi Beautiful turquoise mani. I really app you sharing your techniques. I would like to start experimenting with different nail looks. This is very inspiring.

Ooh lovely turquoise mix up!  It makes a beautiful skittles mani 🩵💚

Thank you for the information on the Ombre Effect @itsfi I enjoyed reading that 😃 sooo much!

Thank you @CynthieLu! I was inspired to do skittle nails after seeing @RGbrown do them. I also thought that it might help me weed out some polishes that are similiar in color. That was the plan, but it hasn't turned out as expected - instead of narrowing some polishes to declutter, it's just reaffirmed that I really do *need* similar looking ones. Hahaha!

@itsfi 

Decluttering? What's that? 

ob_719d0d_9cdfa48ab59996d847d2fc65bef8aa15.jpg

It's even the right color scheme 😂

I love that it fits the color family perfectly! 😆 I think I’ve resigned myself to the fact that decluttering nail polish probably just isn’t going happen @RGbrown. 😂 I’m not mad about that.

@itsfi 

Such a soothing choice of colors, I love your mix, and your gradients are fantastic! 😍

Thank you @RGbrown! I want to work my way to doing a gradient with shades in different color families, but baby steps. 😁

Thank you for sharing your tips about creating gradients @itsfi! I’ve watched a lot of YouTube tutorials and they always stamp/tap. And I love that turquoise colour, especially the endless recycle. 

YouTube is a great resource for tutorials and nail art inspiration @JoSometimes!

I have been down that rabbit hole many times @itsfi. It’s dangerous… 😅

I love your turquoise skittle @itsfi !! All the polishes look amazing and the gradient effect with both methods look awesome! 😃. Thank you for the explanation on the process you used on both nails. Gorgeous!!!! 🩵🩵🩵

Thank you @Saradestin! I want to try to work on more nail art this summer - gradients, lines/stripes, maybe even try stamping again. It's shaping out to be a busy summer so we'll see how much I get done but I do want to try to do more nail art this summer. 

The gradients look great, @itsfi !  Love the color for your skittle and gradient!  Another method is a stamping plate.  For example on the Pardon My French plate, there is a big rectangle, stripe the colors, then scrape across a few times to "mix" or "blur" where the two colors meet, pick up with a stamper and stamp.

I have had Pardon my French plate on my wishlist until next sale @Titian06 😊. I want to get two, one for me and one for my sister, and the main reason is for the possibility of doing that gradient effect with the plate. I know it will be challenging because it is a big surface but I will try until I get it! 

3 Replies
testing