Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thank you @RGbrown ! Yes, they are simple but the rainbow like sparkle adds the glamour I was looking for. 😁 

I need cute nail inspo for holidays

@cutepeople Here you will find tons of it! I am finding inspiration as well! 

Wowwwy!!!! 😍😍😍 You are closing out the year in style with this mani @Saradestin! Dazzling!! 💖

Thank you @itsfi 😘😘

Wow, that's stunning @Saradestin ! What's the shade?

@makeitup305 @Thank you! It is ILNP Mega X and I am obsessed with it! It makes rainbow-like reflections. It is really gorgeous 🌈 

@Saradestin I've had that one on my wishlist but now it's going in the cart. So stunning!

My green/blue box is overflowing, but not enough to warrant splitting them into two, so it's time for a little mismatched blue skittle mani 💙

Left hand, testing navy creams!

IMG_20211228_132240713_HDR.jpg

Thumb and index: Morgan Taylor Laying Low

True to my love for the brand, this was a super easy two coater that applied like a dream with no streaks or patchiness. It's perhaps the lightest here by maybe half a hair or so, but really, all of these are close enough to each other to count as the same shade, so formula and brush are the biggest distinctions. If you need/want a navy cream, this is my pick (it's from the fall collection, so I'm unsure of availability though...Sally's still had it quite recently, for half price no less).

Middle and pinky: Londontown Lakur Buckingham Blue

This is my first cream from Londontown, and I have to say, their formula and brush give MT a run for the money. This was also a super easy two coater, with zero application issues. Nearly indistinguishable from the MT, it's perhaps just a touch darker in shade, but I swear, the more I look, the less I can tell if that's true or not lol. Price is a huge factor for me (they're what, $16 or $17 for full size bottles?), which makes this my second choice personally, but I definitely still give the brand a thumbs up and would be happy to pick up more with a good sale!

Ring finger: Butter London Lock In

Ever so slightly dustier than the other two, but not really enough to be noticeable. This is one of Butter's mini bottles with a mini brush, which made application a little more difficult for me. The formula seems good as best I can tell, I still got it down in two coats, but a skinny brush always gives me trouble getting clean lines around my cuticles...I'd go for a full size bottle with the paddle brush if I had it to do over again.

The topper is one coat of China Glaze Make a Spectacle, with iridescent green to orange shimmer, and larger iridescent glitters in orange/gold and green/blue. Completely smooth with only one coat of top coat, and I'm digging on the color scheme, especially over the navy base. 

And moving into a blue-teal-grey mix on the right hand!

IMG_20211228_131843488.jpg

Pinky: Black Dahlia Lacquer Mystery 8

No-name from one of my mystery bags, this was a tad difficult to work with. One the first coat, I just thought I didn't have enough polish on the brush, and I dunno why my mind went there instead of "maybe it needs thinner" like it normally does, but on the second coat, it was apparent that thinner was needed after all. It applied a bit lumpy, and even dried with a few bubbles from its too thick state. Ah well, I've added thinner for next time and have higher hopes for it then! It's a pretty shade, a dark, slightly dusty denim, with subtle (very subtle) linear holo running through it.

Ring: Live Love Polish Juniper

Easy two coater, a deep blue-leaning teal holo with a fairly strong rainbow in better light than my phone can pick up...it's the strongest of the three holos I'm wearing. Easy application, even with a terrible skinny brush 😋

Middle: China Glaze She's So Extra Terrestrial

From their Halloween collection this year, this is a slightly lighter, slightly greener, dusty teal holo with a decently strong rainbow. Not quite as strong as LLP, but pretty good for a drugstore polish. Easy two coater, and I always watch CG new releases because they tend to have something a little different from some of the other mainstream brands, even if I'm not a huge fan of their brush (wide, but with square corners).

Index and thumb: Kiko Power Pro 208

A gorgeous steely teal gunmetal shade, super easy application, two coats with no streaks or patchiness. Lovely metallic finish and a nice paddle brush. Kiko doesn't have much in the way of shades that I don't have already, and what they do have is fairly basic, either creams or common shimmers, or else I'd shop there more often, but I've always been happy with most everything I've gotten from them, and their prices are nice, especially when having a sale.

@RGbrown Both are absolutely stunning but I am living for that top navy nail look. 😍

@QueenMarceline 

Thanks so much! 💙

@RGbrown, I am bookmarking your post. Those navy polishes are beautiful, and with the gorgeous topper too. It's so hard (well, for me, at least) to find a deep navy that doesn't show up black. I love how these navy polishes look like navy polishes. 😍

You know I love smokey blue-teal-grey shades (along with reds, and purples and blah...blah...blah...). Seriously though! So pretty. Especially the LLP and CG polishes.-

@itsfi 

Almost blacks have their place, but I definitely prefer dark shades that don't wander into that "too dark to tell what color it is" territory too. These are all great choices! 

...and pinks and greens and silvers and oranges and... 🌈🤣💖

Wow!! Gorgeous!!! ❤️❤️❤️💙💙💙

@Saradestin 

Thanks so much! 💙

All the blues look the same to me. 😄  I love the ones with the toppers, @RGbrown ! 😍

@Titian06 

They look the same to me too 🤣 Thanks so much! 💙

@RGbrown My favorite is the topper over the navy. Such a pretty style, especially for winter.

@makeitup305 

I really like this topper! I tend to go for purple/pink/blue/silver in my glitters, so this one has been a really nice change of pace for me 💚🧡

@RGbrown  Crazy how similar they are. Especially the blues. 

@ather 

It is! I fully expected the blues to come out at least a little different from each other, but even IRL, I don't think anyone would ever be able to tell I'm wearing three different shades 🤪

testing