Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Wrapped 2023: Your Beauty Year in Review

Lots of places are doing their "year in review" (usually with music, but I've seen some others too!), so I thought it would be fun if we did a BIC Beauty Wrapped 😊 

I personally draw a lot of inspiration (and sometimes enabling) from the Community, and would love to see everyone's beauty wrapped! I've come up with a few categories, but feel free to add and skip over ones that don't apply to you!

BIC WRAPPED 2023 CATEGORIES:

• Your Top 3 Brands This Year (this can be divided into categories, like skincare, makeup, haircare and fragrance, or you can do an overall ranking!)
  • Top 3 Most Used Product Types (mascara, fragrance, liquid blush, hair masks, etc)
  • Top 3 Most Used Products
  • Top 3 Most Repurchased Items
  • Top "BIC Made Me Do It" Product
  • Number of Empties (if you track that sort of thing!)
  • Top New Product of 2023
  • Top 3 Beauty Trends You Participated In
  • Top Re-Entry Product (something you maybe haven't used in a while, but has been rediscovered and re-added to your rotation!)

spotify-2023-wrapped-featured.jpg

Re: Wrapped 2023: Your Beauty Year in Review

Yeah @CorgiMommy, over the past couple of years I’ve changed my approach to picking up samples and have found it works out well for me both in terms of getting better use out of them and having a much more manageable stash. I’m going to make a couple more adjustments this year and will see how that works out.  🤞🏼 

@CorgiMommy, it was a bunch of foils and half used deluxe samples that had piled up. Every year I aim for less empties, which is probably not the norm, but as I see it for my stash, the lower the number, the more likely the vast majority of my empties are full size products. I'd be happy with that.

@itsfi  Wow look at this list!! Impressive!! How did you narrow it down??? I’m glad you still love the SF sunscreen! Still a fav of mine especially because it doesn’t run into my eyes! 

@ather, I was in jury duty for a week, with no laptop, phone, book allowed so when there were breaks, I would check my work emails and think about how fill these categories. Hahaha! I looked though my photos for hauls, empties, foils and favorites as well, as a way to quickly look back at the year. 

@itsfi  That’s such a great idea! I might do that when I am stuck in an airport or plane all day tomorrow!!! 

Yes @ather! It’ll be a looooong flight for you. Do you have long layovers? Since I’ve been traveling more, I’ve tried to find different ways to fill the time - sometimes it’s leisure stuff like reading a book; other times, it’s work. Other times, I’ll get in a little BIC or there are times when I’ll journal, or when I just don’t do anything at all. 

Hope you have had a fabulous trip! Sending you well wishes for a good, smooth & safe flight, ✈️ 

@itsfi  the flight is about 5 hours long and we have to be there 3 hours before so it’s a long day especially with a kid! The flight there I downloaded a bunch of movies and watched them but there’s only so many movies to watch! I’ll try and read a bit and entertain Felix! The way there we didn’t all sit together but on the way back we are all in a row! So I will have lots of help! I also need to remember to pack my jet leg mask to apply in flight! 

Glad you will all be able to sit together @ather! Ooh, masking on a plane - yes!! 🙌🏼 Your skin will love you for it! Are you ready to be home? Or would a few more days there be okay with you?

@itsfi  I’m so ready to go home! I thought I would prefer to stay 10 days but I think 7 is perfect! 

@itsfi I'm going to have to look that Summer Friday's up. I've been thinking and looking at my skin lately. Foundations and I don't get along and yet my skin is showing pretty bad sun damage so I need to start looking into a tinted sunscreen.

@Samtian, the Tower 28 is a tinted sunscreen; or is marketed as such - I feel like it gives me more coverage than a traditional tinted moisturizer. The Summer Fridays is a great sunscreen, not tinted though. 

What are the major issues you are finding with you and foundations not getting along? Do you think using a SPF and concealer would give you the coverage and sun protection you need?

@itsfi Foundation looks so weird. Most of the time cakey, or gets oily fast.  That sounds like too much work for my laziness lol. After I commented earlier I pulled them both up and ended up adding a bunch of things to my wishlist to try to remember lol.

@cianni Thanks for this post

@CorgiMommy I love Tatcha and Biossance as well. The Biossance moisturizer is one of my faves.

@makeitup305 it is my new favorite body lotion

@CorgiMommy Nothing like seeing those perfume samples go down!

@Samtian thanks, they seem to multiply 

@CorgiMommyworking through fragrance samples is huge! Lots of great faves here - I recently picked up the #Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL for myself, have you tried that product? 

@cianni thanks, I haven't purchased a fragrance all year as I have a huge bag of samples to use up (there are many duplicates)

No I haven't tried that product.  Let me know what you think of it.  

• Your Top 3 Brands This Year (this can be divided into categories, like skincare, makeup, haircare and fragrance, or you can do an overall ranking!)  Dior, Sephora, Gucci
  • Top 3 Most Used Product Types (mascara, fragrance, liquid blush, hair masks, etc)  Cleanser, moisturizer, shampoo/conditioner
  • Top 3 Most Used Products.

- Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Refillable Moisturizer 2.5 oz / 75 mL 

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g 

- Verb Ghost Oil, Shampoo and Conditioner Hair Set 

• Top 3 Most Repurchased Items

Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Refillable Moisturizer 2.5 oz / 75 mL 

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g 

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

@Titian06 🤣 I just caught this! Lol lol I think you influenced me getting the Dermalogica Exfoliator! Love it so much too! 🤗😘 I’m working on my list! 

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • spotify-2023-wrapped-featured.jpg
  • Caboodles 1.jpg
  • Caboodles 2.jpg
testing