Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The VIOLETTE_FR Thread

I know some of us love anything Violette_fr creates so let’s discuss her line as it grows! These small lines will always have my heart. She’s such a talented makeup artist and love that she also included skincare and fragrance.  I have loved her past collabs and look forward to any newness in her well-edited line. Sounds like more Yeux Paint shades are coming soon and it’ll be great if she develops new lips, cheeks and more!  Share all your pics and thoughts! 💋 Photos from her Instagram. 

4B233CA6-10F1-4A52-BDB0-B0330949EDE8.jpeg6DC28FA0-640F-4CDE-9FC6-6B5E7ABF2A31.jpeg057115EA-EAB0-4D94-988E-C369BBE85A93.jpeg74B75CBA-C4F5-40EB-A1F8-69E8A856830A.jpeg

Re: The VIOLETTE_FR Thread

A few of the new Bisou Jelly lips. These are proving a bit more challenging for pigment than her pics show. Lol Hers show even balm to color ratio height in the stick. Nope. Lol I can not get them to look like the pics! 🤣 Mine are very very sheer and the key is the right application that Violette points out. She suggests to apply them so the tint is in the center of the lip and the sheer balm to the outside . This is ok but I prefer more color to mine. They’re almost sheer on me. Even trying very hard to get the core shade to work. Aïssa is very tricky and barely shows up. I did ask for a replacement as I thought it was because the core was farther down than it should be and therefore the color just won’t ever show up. The replacement is a little better as they’re a dot more even but still not fabulous. Lol. Amour is so much better. They feel wonderful and are ok also over other lipsticks though. I do wish she’d work them so the pigment was stronger but considering her other balm lipstick isn’t very dark I don’t see this happening! All good! 💞 @WinglessOne did you get any of them yet? 

IMG_5652.jpegIMG_5649.jpeg

@Sunnysmom  Oh nooooo, what you described is what I feared about these. 😭 I mean sure, the Bisou Balms are sheer, but they can be built up (with more effort than I’d like, but still) to demi-sheer so I’d hoped the Jelly version could be, too. But your feedback and swatches tell me these aren’t gonna show up on my lips. (Nope, I haven’t bought one yet. I was waiting for November to see if she’d run a good holiday sale.) 

Interesting that one of your shades even had a sunken pigmented core; glad you got it replaced and it performs a bit better now. And I can see these being nice over, say, a somewhat drying matte lipstick. I’ll probably pass on ‘em now, though. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback!

I’m glad you didn’t get them yet too @WinglessOne . It’s crazy that I can’t get the berry to show any more than it is. I should have added that this is with many swipes. Many!! Her pics show the core even with the balm. I hated to shave part off; that just made me mad to think about doing! Lol They do feel good over other matte lips for sure and zero migrating. Because really no color to migrate! 😳😭 I wonder if she’ll redo them at all or if this is really how she intended them to be. 🤔 Yup, at least the balms can be built up better. I’m just a little bit mystified how they look so much more pigmented on her pics. Has to be retouched or liner or something! 

@Sunnysmom  “They do feel good over other matte lips for sure and zero migrating. Because really no color to migrate!” 🤣 (I’m laughing with you, not at you!) 

Yeah, there’s gotta be some trickery happening in those product photos. Either the models are wearing the jelly balm over a separate base color (perhaps a Bisou Balm), or the photos have been edited to boost saturation or something. She does say they’re meant to give “a kiss of couleur” which okay yeah, that’d be quite sheer. But most of the model photos show more than a kiss of color. Could also be that some models’ natural lip coloring is so close to 1 or 2 jelly balm shades, they appear more opaque than they really are. I’m guessing retouched photos though. 🤔

😂 yup @WinglessOne , captain obvious over here! 🤣 Man I wish for those pigmented natural lips if so! I also wish she (and others, tho some do) would add that little disclaimer! Perhaps this is one of the many reasons I ( we and many others) keep up the search for that ever elusive HG lip! 🥺😭 It was a bit of a tease to say sheerish but then to show them more pigmented! Grr. Hey , unrelated , did you see the blue or true purple Chanel lip I think it is?! Liquid? Am I delusional. Or MAC? Swear I just saw them pop up. You should go make one at your Lip Lab or have you lately?! 

@Sunnysmom  I think Chanel released a purple shade of liquid matte lipstick. It’s beautiful, but I’m not willing to spend around $50 for a tube since I’m not much of a liquid matte wearer. Plus, I still have NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment (eh, the original formula) in shade Wild Night, which is a beautiful deep purple I can comfortably wear. I’m much more likely to reach for purple bullets though. Are you getting one of Chanel’s new liquid lips? 

MAC did recently release a pastel blue shade of their new MACximal Satin bullets. This reminds me to pick up a shade or two for scientific research and stuff. 😅 And nope, I still haven’t shopped my local Lip Lab for some reason… I even have a generous gift card to spend. I’ll probably bring in my old Bite Amuse Bouche Kale bullet and have it remade. I did see they’re now offering a few of the old Bite shades for sale on their site. 

Yup I get it. Liquid mattes are so tricky. Esp the older I’ve gotten. Just not willing to sacrifice the comfort. This Chanel formula is one of the few I do like. Besides Byredo and Gucci I think. I forgot about the Nars. I did have one I think.  I did get a few of the new Chanels. Posted on the thread. My fav seems to be 226 both in the color and the way it feels. Not as dry either for some reason. Pretty translucent almost.

Yes! The MAC! I bought a few to try for science as well! Their minis also seem to be sturdier than others (looking at you PMG lol) so I like a few of them for my bag and to spend less money. Also considering when do we truly use an entire lip unless it’s one that’s a major favorite!

You should def go use your LLab! Free lips! Yay! Every time I see Kale I think of you! I should look at their sales. Or not. Didn’t notice that, thank you! 

2 new shades of Bisou Balm. Love! 

IMG_5378.jpeg

These do look good. Nice hybrid balm/gloss with some color. Definitely trying one now I think?!  @WinglessOne@itsfi what did you decide? 💞 @blackkitty2014 this kind of reminds me of Chanel Blooms you love. Maybe. 

IMG_7437.jpeg

@Sunnysmom  I’m holding out for a sale. I know these are now offered in a few sets for 10 or 15% off, but I bet a better discount will happen later this year. 🙂 

Yup I’m sure they will too @WinglessOne . 😊 I just did the little duo set deal for now. I’m curious about em! 

Bisou Jelly is on the way! 8.15. 

IMG_4327.jpeg

New pretty shade just released! 

IMG_6700.jpeg

I’ve never heard of this brand this is incredible that shade is stunning! I love learning of new brands and products there’s endless possibilities. I need to try this! @Sunnysmom ❤️

Ooh I bet you’d love it @peculiarzmakeup , she has some wonderful stuff! Her liquid lip (one of THE best ever for reds imho) , these lip balms , blush, highlighter plus her skincare is very well thought out and curated. 💞 

I just checked it out I’m in awe I’m trying for a no buy July lol but I will have some time to decide I’m so excited love these threads! @Sunnysmom 

Oh great for you @peculiarzmakeup ! ( I keep trying and failing. Always tomorrow! 😊) Well the good news is that nothing is a limited edition so you can always get products any time. 🥰 I love so many threads too! 

Great to know! Thank you, and I’m rooting for you ❤️ @Sunnysmom 

Another new product! She’s on a roll!  Beautiful compact and I just love her take on the world and beauty. She seems so grounded and someone I always look forward to reading. 😊

IMG_5423.jpegIMG_5431.jpeg

Looks cute! Her beautiful blue! 💙 

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6905.jpeg

Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 192 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos42
  • 4B233CA6-10F1-4A52-BDB0-B0330949EDE8.jpeg
  • 6DC28FA0-640F-4CDE-9FC6-6B5E7ABF2A31.jpeg