cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@Mellmars1185 Thank you!! 

@Samtian I'm loving the cocoa pebbles bath!! Does it smell chocolatey??

@lmaster It smelled exactly like cocoa pebbles!!

Ok where did you find them?? @Samtian 

They are sold out of the cocoa but here is the fruity revolutionbeauty dot com/uk/en/body/bath-and-shower/bath-fizzers/i-heart-revolution-x-fruity-pebbles-bath-crystals/1504263 dot html

You had an amazing month of empties @Samtian 🥳

I'm soo intrigued by the pebbles bath salts?? The package alone is 🤩!

@CynthieLu I really loved them! 

I have quite the backlog, so I apologize for the size of this! 

4A0E1DB4-D1CF-48B4-8F7F-BFCFA0994720.jpeg

B&BW Stardust Magic hand soap- Finally got to this one from Halloween! Not a bad scent, but not my favorite. The caramel scent in this is VERY aggressive.

B&BW Fresh Getaway body butter- I love their body butter and RP during sales, but despite the name of the scent, this is STRONG and I’ll be avoiding it from now on.

Bumble & Bumble Bond Building Treatment sample- Totally fine. Easy to use up, but no noticeable changes. WNP

Byoma Creamy Jelly Cleanser sample- Fine. Not notable. WNP

Clinique Smart Clinical Repair wrinkle se sample- Obviously not enough product to judge wrinkle fighting, but it was a nice, moisturizing texture.

Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight mask sample- Really nice! No desire to purchase, but I love getting samples of this.

Goldfaden MD Dark Spot Corrector sample- used diligently, but there’s no way this is enough product to lighten anything.

Estée Lauder lip repair sample- A nice, low key lip moisturizer. Great to soften your lips before lipstick, but if you need real repair/moisturizing, I can’t imagine you’d get much out of this. WNP

Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean toner- The best salicylic acid toner I’ve ever used at any price. Even after double cleansing, this will get stuff out of my (admittedly large and deep) pores. Repeat buy and the new one is already going. WR

Iope Air Cushion Natural in 13N Ivory- I’m a big fan of these for years, which is good because this came in a 2-pack! Light but even coverage. Not sure if I’ll RP but if you’ve been curious, I recommend grabbing one when it’s a deal to try.

Juice Beauty Bamboo Pore Refining Mask sample- So messy, but actually pretty effective. I don’t buy masks like these, but I do enjoy using samples when they come. Nice but WNP

Kielh’s Dark Spot Solution sample- Same thing as the Goldfadden one.

Kokie eyebrow pencil in Chocolate Brown- From an Ipsy bag. I loved this. Great color and super fine pencil. Once I use up the pencil I have, I’ll probably repurchase this.

MAC Prep & Prime radiance sample- Fun to use as a sample but I’ve never been tempted by a full size. WNP

The Ordinary Retinol 0.5%- I repurchase this fairly regularly, though I’m trying a few different retinols right now. Effective and affordable.

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10%- See above! Already using my next bottle. Pairs brilliantly with Good Genes. WR

Origins Checks & Balances face wash sample- A nice, regular, foaming cleanser except that it’s mint? Which seems weird for a cleanser? One more sample is in my stash: I’m gonna use it up this summer as I don’t think I’ll want mint when it’s cold. WNP

Origins Ginzing serum sample- Maybe the best thing I’ve used from this brand? Lovely, nourishing, and smells like orange Starbursts.

Peach & Lily Peptide moisturizer sample- It’s fine? WNP

Peach & Lily Retinoic Eye cream sample- Great if I follow with a moisturizing eye cream: when I first tried it alone, it dried out my undereyes. WNP

PTR Water Drench SPF moisturizer sample- From the Sephora Sun Kit. Love moisturizers with SPF, though this one was unpredictable under makeup. SUPER little product in this bottle btw, there’s no way it was more than half full. WNP

Rose Inc clarifying toner sample- Gross bottle, right? You should have seen it full: you need to shake it before use, and until you did, it looked like a separated, rotten strawberry shake. This actually helped me use it faster! I hated looking at it! That said, it actually performed fantastically, but I’m avoiding this kind pf “clean product” for the future.

Shiseido eye cream sample- Pretty amazing! I had a sample of this before and was unimpressed; now I’m wondering if I was sent an old one? This is out of my price range, but great stuff and I’m happy to have another sample in my stash.

Sunday Riley CEO Afterflow- Always happy to get a sample of this; always happy to never actually shell out money for it.

Tarte Maneater mascara mini- Probably my favorite Tarte mascara. I get so many samples and drugstore is so good that I refuse to pay more than $15 for 3 months of mascara, but if I did, this would probably be in my rotation. Good for thickening.

Tony Moly I’m Honey mask- This really is so much like honey. I kept it next to my tub to use during baths, and it was lovely for that. Won’t repurchase but it was very fun to try.

Scents

Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy sample- I’m not even sure I could smell this at all on me. WNP

Burberry Her EDP rollerball- I bought this thinking it was the EDT I had a sample of and fell in love with. While I don’t like this as much as the EDT (which is now my signature love), this is a lovely, sweet floral with nice gourmand touches. I might get another travel size in the distant future, but I’d don’t need a full bottle.

Clean Classic Wam Cotton mini rollerball- I love clean/fabric softener type fragrances, but this was industrial grade garbage that smells like it’d only be used in prisons because it’s the cheapest soap available. I used this up on fabric, and even there it was meh. WNR

Clinique Happy sample- I always seem to have samples of this! Doesn’t last long but is so easygoing and nice. Just nice.

Gucci Flora sample- Not my fave (though I recently tried the Intense flanker and WOW) but it’s fine. Easy to use up as a sample/layering. WNP

Marc Jacobs Daisy sample- Another fave.

Moschino Fresh Pink sample- This is the famous Windex-like bottle perfume. I love this and bought the full size as it’s so cheap: Bright, sweet, youthful, great in warm weather. WP

Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose sample- One of my faves: I have a small bottle now and had a larger one in the past. Exactly as fresh as it is sweet, and it layers with others like a champ. WR but no rush.

Skylar Vanilla Sky sample- Truly a straightforward vanilla. Boring on me on its own, but this is actually a great basic scent for layering. WNP

Versace Bright Crystal sample- One of my faves, and I do have a full bottle of this.

Versace Dylan Purple sample- From the Sephora sample kit, and I got the full size with the voucher. I’m obsessed with this scent and it’s currently my second favorite. Bright, fruity, sweet, pretty, it’s just everything I love in a fragrance. WR

YSL Black Opium sample- Not one I like much, but it is easy to wear.

@moreotter  Great job! I love you went in-depth! 

Thanks for your thoughts on everything, @moreotter!  I love hearing peoples' mini reviews on things that they've used.

Great empties @moreotter . It is so satisfying to get through so many 😊

@moreotterGreat empties and recap!

@moreotter fantastic bunch of empties!

No need to apologize @moreotter that pile of empties was fantastic, way to go! 😄

May empties and declutter: 45  (242/600)

IMG_20230524_100339411.jpg

Only two candles I would pass on, and that's wind up, this candle had potential, but it was far too strong for me, and the Nest lime candle, nope

IMG_20230531_132715114.jpg

IMG_20230531_121454472.jpg

The only product I would not repurchase is the Briogeo shampoo, that's only because there's better out there

IMG_20230531_121752882.jpg

Love em all except the belief eye cream, I just find it boring 🤦

IMG_20230531_121855114.jpg

The gisou hair mask was meh, and the ranavant cleanser was the same 😕 just not stand out 

IMG_20230531_122043621_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230531_121928837.jpg

All these are expired and I wouldn't seek them out any longer

IMG_20230531_132650721.jpg

All these were as mostly expired, I did repurchase the CT foundation today 😆 

@lmaster  Great job! Too bad the Nest candle was to strong! 

@ather thank you love, I just didn't like it at all, personal preference 

@lmaster I love the beautiful skin foundation by Charlotte Tilbury and have thought about trying this one you have too- light wonder. I see it restocked on her website. Have you tried the beautiful skin foundation?

@BluePaisley I think I have used a couple samples and liked it, I'll have to check and see if I have any left

Thank you for the honest feedback @lmaster 😊 💖 and wow! You cleared out so much this month,  great job! 🙌

Thank you darlin! @CynthieLu 

1 Reply
testing