cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Okay, some empties and a couple declutters for me.

Not sure about the emoji system I tried belo, but here goes! 

• Heart eyes are loves
  • Half smiles are likes, or fines, or may need more time to determine a judgment
  • Chin scratch is just okay, leaning to dislike
  • Cry face is terrible

A few callouts:

The Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara is an HG, I buy backups whenever there is a good deal. It’s lengthening, volumizing and never flakes or smudges or disappears on me throughout the day.

While I LOVE the GrandeLash treatment, this mascara didn’t do much for me, though I am SUPER picky about mascara.

The African Botanics was fine and nice, but not life changing for the cost (which I did NOT pay, as I got this in my Boxwalla box). 

The #too faced peach lip balm has lasted forever, but I realized it doesn’t really stay on my lips when I use it overnight, so I’m decluttering it, with probably 3/4 left. 

The Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL is not quite empty but this way I won’t have to keep it around til the next empties session. It has a lovely mister, but I don’t notice anything special about the product itself. 

The glo cbd serum was a milky serum, really nice and hydrating. I got that in one of the New Beauty boxes.

Oh, and the face masks were all fine, been trying to use more and finding inspiration in @eshoe ’s Mask of the Week challenge thread.

Any other questions, just ask! 

0C64B254-7A25-441C-9904-D14CF29F948A.jpeg040C9A12-FC62-4F38-BE72-DF5BBE2615A4.jpeg
04668211-43C8-473C-A349-DB1B3D1AA05B.jpeg

Love your ranking emojis!! @sister13 

I like your categorization system, @sister13

I am also working on a couple of bottles of the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL. I had one start to have a bit of an off-scent, so your post is a reminder to finish mine asap 😉

@sister13 Thanks for sharing. I am also picky about mascaras so i will keep the Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara in mind. I am also curious about the Hello Kitty mask! I have not heard of the brand The Creme Shop before. I am a huge Hello Kittty fan! Nice job on decluttering. This gives me motovation to start going through my stash this wknd!

The Crème Shop is a Korean brand, they always have Hello Kitty themed stuff, I usually find at Ulta. I usually love a big bushy mascara brush, but this Benefit has a softer, flexible tip (by comparison, I HATE Benefit They’re Real mascara, because the tip is spiky and hurty when I try to close to the base of my lashes). 

Anyway, Bad Gal Bang is a wetter formula, and I realized many other mascaras just seem to disappear on me (like the tips just disappear) as the day wears on, I think maybe because I have oilier eyelids? BGB stays all day and night without being waterproof. @Mellmars1185 

@sister13 Thank you! I don't think we have Ulta in Canada but i will keep an eye out at the other beauty stores 🙂

I have oily eyelids also! Depending on the mascara, my eyelids end up getting black dots on them from the tips of my eyelashes! It is not a look i try to achieve ! Lol

Some people spend NYE at a party...I spend it taking photos of my Empties 🤣.

20211231_173202.jpg

Love them all!  

20211231_173831.jpg

Nope, didn't like any of them.

20211231_174201.jpg

Thanks to a generous gift from @TeamBIC earlier in the year, the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss has become a staple.  (Don't worry--we may have an Empty one here but I have 6 backups!).  Also, a hidden gem that I discovered early this year is the Arches and Halos brow pen (you can find it at Target) but it's honestly the BEST brow pen that I've tried--and I've tried a few.  It's only about $12 and it lasted me about 5 months with daily use.  Didn't like the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clear Long-Lasting Brow Gel 0.16 oz/ 5mL since it didn't hold my brows whatsoever BUT I love the Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Clear Brow Gel Flexible Medium-Hold Eyebrow Setter Clear.  I can easily pass on the HUDA BEAUTY #BombBrows Microshade Brow Pencil and the MILK MAKEUP Mini KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.13 oz/ 4 mL.

20211231_174018.jpg

Mostly hits; I've already purchased a FS of the Ariana Grande Cloud Intense 2.0 perfume as a result of having this mini and I just got two FS of the philosophy anti-wrinkle miracle worker primer+ line-correcting primer 0.9 oz/ 26 mL because they were on sale and it's so good!  Already repurchased the Glisten and Glow topcoat and I probably have 7 or 8 of the Blueberry Crumble hand sanitizers because they smell amazing and don't suck the life out of my hands.

20211231_173607.jpg

The best: the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm Limited Edition Very Cherry 3.4 oz/ 100 mL, the Redken All Soft Heavy Cream, and the Pink Starburst Velvet Body Butter from Nailed It.  

The worst: the Ulta brand strawberry-scented nail polish remover.

Happy New Years, y'all!!!

@CookieGirl1 Another fan of Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream - yay!

@greeneyedgirl107 it's definitely good for when my hair needs a little more serious help 🙂

Love that blueberry sanitizer!! @CookieGirl1 great photos!

@lmaster Ohhhhh, it's so good!  It reminds me of one of my all-time fav candles from them, Blueberry Pie.

Strawberry scented nail remover sounds terrible, @CookieGirl1

@haleyvvvv It didn't smell like strawberry but worse--it absolutely didn't remove nail polish! 🤣

@CookieGirl1 OOOOh I'm super curious about The Ariana Grande Cloud Intense perfume. I love the original Cloud (it's a new purchase) but I'm already seeing this being a reached for scent in 2022 for me (late to the party). Also how does the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm Limited Edition Very Cherry 3.4 oz/ 100 mL compare to the original (if you've used that?) Do you like the smell/product overall? The OG Farmacy Green Clean is my go-to makeup remover.

@QueenMarceline I just discovered the Cloud Intense a couple of months ago and I like it a bit better than the original; it still doesn't have fabulous longevity for me (neither does the original) but it has a little more depth because of the addition of ambroxen in this version.  If/when you find yourself in Ulta, definitely give it a sniff :).

As for the Cherry Clean--same formula as the original Green Clean.  I love both equally well and consequently have backups of both because it's my favorite, too!

@CookieGirl1 I love cherries so I'll have to check this style out 🙂

@QueenMarceline the scent isn't very strong; it's a nice, subtly pleasant cherry scent 🙂

@CookieGirl1 I'll have to pick that up next time there's a sale (since I'm so stocked up on my original). Also oddly enough, the  original Cloud perfume by Ariana is super long-lasting on me.

@QueenMarceline the very cherry balm is the best ever!!!

@lmaster My nickname is "cherry" so I'm kind of a sucker for cherry-flavored/scented things. I'll have to check this out soon

@CookieGirl1 Thanks for all of the feedback! The Farmacy balm looks amazing! I am also a liver of 3 wick candles. Happy New Year!!

10,781 Replies
testing