cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thank you @ather! Out with the old (to make space for the new! 😁)

I relate to that @JoSometimes if a vibrant color isn't standing out, I'm disappointed.🤗

Decluttering can be hard, way to go! And great job on those empties 🥳

Thanks @CynthieLu! I only find decluttering difficult if I can see a possible use for something in the future. Otherwise, if it’s just taking up space, I’d rather let it go. 

@JoSometimes Great empties. It is awesome that you were able to get rid of some items that were not working for you. 

Thank you @Mellmars1185! I can’t deal with clutter. If it’s not useful anymore, I have to get rid of it. 

Good job letting go @JoSometimes 

Thanks @lmaster. I try not to hang onto things I know I’m not going to use. 

Recent empties from the past couple of months - full size products: 

20230314_173218.jpg

- I Dew Care Unwind de-stressing sheet mask: I enjoyed this mask - not my favorite ever, but pretty good, and I'll be happy to other 2 of this one that came with the set.

- Milani Supercharged Dewy Skin Primer (x2): a staple that I use every time I do my makeup, and have repurchased before and will again. I am currently experimenting with other primers, but so far this is still my favorite and I will be returning to it.

- Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mL : this is my favorite night eye cream (not that I've tried that many) and I have restocked it.

- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 50: I liked this moisturizer/ sunscreen hybrid fine, especially when I was in a rush in the mornings and it was useful to skip/combine a step in my skincare routine. However, I am trying to go cruelty-free so I will not repurchase for that reason.

-Olly Undeniable Beauty gummies: I prefer gummy vitamins and supplements, and this is probably my favorite brand. These are one of my favorites I've tried, I've gotten them before and will again.

-Olly Glowing Skin gummies: I didn't like the taste of these ones quite as much as the Undeniable Beauty ones, but I did notice that when I took both regularly I had less of a problem with acne, particularly hormonal acne. Not 100% sure if that was thanks to the gummies or something else, though.

-OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo: this shampoo was fine and lasted me quite a while, but I didn't really notice any volumizing effect worth noting. I will be trying other shampoos to try to find one I like better.

Mini & free sample products:

20230314_173240.jpg

- Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free SPF 42 Face Sunscreen w/ Hyaluronic Acid  (free sample): I think this was one of the first free samples I ever got from Sephora, and I finally used it! I liked the thin, light texture but I prefer something with a higher SPF (I am very very pale lol)

- Biossance Squalane + Elderberry Nourishing Jelly Cleanser 5.07 oz / 150 mL  (mini): I like this cleanser and have already purchased the full size; it's a nice one to have in my rotation of first cleansers. 

- Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  (free sample): this was a free sample of something I already used and knew I liked.

Glossier Futuredew Facial Oil-Serum Hybrid 1 oz / 30 mL  (mini): I use this every time I do my makeup (I like to mix it with my BB or CC cream) and have already restocked.

- Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover - Lids Lashes & Lips (GWP): this worked pretty well to remove makeup, but I found it left an unpleasant greasy/oily residue behind. I only used it as the first step of a double cleanse for this reason, and would not repurchase. 

- Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream (GWP): I am generally kind of skeptical about neck creams (have only tried a couple and was not very impressed), but this was free so I used it up.

- IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream Anti-Aging Hydrating Moisturizer (GWP): this moisturizer was fine, but not my favorite. I think I have a second one of these samples lying around somewhere - I didn't hate it or anything, so I won't mind using that one up as well, but I wouldn't purchase it.

- Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum (mini): one of my favorite serums, I use it as part of my morning skincare routine every day. Have restocked & will continue to use.

- Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  (mini): I can't remember if this was a GWP or a rewards bazaar item or where I got it. Anyway, I liked it fine but probably wouldn't repurchase - I have tried so many moisturizers that I am pretty picky about which ones I like best.

- Glow Recipe Mini Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer .68 oz / 20 mL  (mini): this was part of the Glow Recipe Fruit Babies Bestsellers Kit , which I've included in my pan it challenge project this year. I like this moisturizer quite a bit, although for now I won't repurchase as there are too many others I want to use up first.

- Glow Recipe Avocado Ceramide Moisture Barrier Cleanser 5 oz / 150 mL  (mini): also part of the Fruit Babies mini set; this cleanser is fine, although it has a slightly funky scent to me. I don't dislike it or anything, but I wouldn't repurchase as there are other cleansers that I like better.

- LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original  (mini): not my favorite lip mask I've tried, nor my least favorite - somewhere in the middle for me. I liked it, but wouldn't repurchase. 

@caitbird  Wow great job!!! So many FS products!! And it looks like you’ve got a great routine with favs already in place! 

@ather  thank you! I am always trying new things, but I definitely have my favorites that are tried and true!

@caitbird  Great job, wow lots of FS products!  😃. Thank you for your reviews too!

@Cissy63  thank you! 💜

This line up of empties is soo excellent @caitbird great job getting through it and thank you for sharring your thoughts on everything 😀

@CynthieLu  thanks so much! 💜

@caitbird So many wonderful empties! Thank you for all of the helpful feedback!

@Mellmars1185  thank you! Glad you found it helpful!

Fantastic job!! @caitbird 

@lmaster  thank you! 💜

Way to go @caitbird! That’s quite the list and very satisfying to see them all used up!

@JoSometimes  thank you! 😊 I usually save up my empties until I have a decent batch to post, it helps me feel more accomplished to see them all together 😅

You made it through a lot, @caitbird! Full sizes are so satisfying. 

14 Replies
testing