cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Wowza! Great job on all these!

Here is my July empties. I would say all are loves!! I ran out of the concealer ans was panicking because I couldn’t find my back up. But crisis adverted I found it 😁 

E760DB5F-3319-4DBF-BF78-F5B13B9EC0D5.jpeg

Fabulous job!! @ather 

@lmaster  Thanks!!! I am getting through some stuff so that’s good!!

Great empties @ather. 👍🏼 Love your skincare choices here. Phew for finding your backup concealer. 😅 

@itsfi  Thanks! Definitely loves! 

Great job on the empties, @ather!! Glad you were able to find the back up concealer; what makes it such a fave?

@haleyvvvv  It’s a great match for my skin which I can almost never match and it’s a serum kind and it’s not overly thick and it gives the perfect amount of coverage for me. I don’t need a super full coverage one most of the time. I also use it as a foundation when I do a no makeup look. 

Thank you for the info, @ather!! I'll have to check it out, that texture sounds really nice. I'm on the hunt for a new concealer.

A mix of sizes for my July empties; mostly skincare, unsurprisingly, but there's a handful of haircare products as well. Thoughts on the products in the spoilers. Total July empties = 71

July 2021 Empties - Loves.jpg

😍 LOVES: these are favorites; if I don't already have a backup (in the full size), one is not far behind. 😍

Spoiler
Miguhara 2-Step Whitening Mask Pack left my face feeling soft and nourished and looking bright, glowy and radiant. 

I don't know why I'm just now trying this Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original. It's a cult classic for a reason. Another favorite variation of this cleanser is the Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Nourishing

Rimmel Stay Glossy 230 Non-Stop Glamour is a rediscovery for me. I've been reaching for it with some frequency since finding it in my bin earlier this year - it keeps my lips moist for a few hours, doesn't crease and makes a great topper - to add some shine (and moisture) to matte lipsticks. 

Dewytree has a line of sheet masks that consists of one ingredient. I've tried 3 of the varieties in the line and my favorites so far are these two sheet masks - the Cica 100 and Birch 100 - both are hydrating and soothing to the skin. 

Dr. G Royal Black Snail Cream Mask checks off a lot of boxes for me - 2-piece sheet mask, fits and feels comfortably on skin cream serum, snail mucin, and moisturized, glowy skin.

Cos. W My Real Skin Facial Mask - Apple makes a great every day mask, despite the initial, though disappearing slight tacky-to-the-touch feel after removing the mask. Moisturized glowy skin is a nice combo.

The jelly-like serum against the waffle-patterned material of the Facetory Dream Garden Chamomile Calming & Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask provides a comfy, cozy relaxing feel and leaves skin feeling hydrated and nourished.

Ilia Lip Wrap Hydrating Mask has a lovely consistency to it - thick and balm but not goopy, gooey or greasy; it feels moisturizing and nourishing on the lips.

I don't usually seek out eye creams as I don't find them to be a must have in my skincare routine, even though I do enjoy the rich hydration / moisture they can provide. I often use them as an all over moisturizer for my face, which is how I used the foil sample of the Yehwadam Heaven Grace Ginseng Rejuvenating Eye Cream - it's thick, rich and creamy without being heavy or greasy. My skin feels nourished.

B : VID In & Out Facial Mask is a fun concept -  like a Biore strip for the entire face. I was a little taken aback initially that the instructions call for keeping the mask on until it dries completely before removing. 

Trader Joe's Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Hair Mask smells . . . amazing! It's a rich cream and makes for a nice once per week, once every other week hydrating mask.

KAO Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Masks are fantastic; a staple in my life. The unscented and yuzu versions represent the spectrum of scents available in this collection as the yuzu to me is the strongest in terms of the masks scent, as well as thermal power. I can't imagine not being without a box of these eye masks.

I don't think I have enough digits between my hands and toes to count the number of repurchases I made of the Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water.  There are several micellar waters on the market so it would be hard to say I couldn't live without it, but I definitely wouldn't want to live without out.

Trader Joe's Peach Black Tea Scented Candle has a nice throw when burning. If I have it burning in my bedroom, I am able to pick up the scent in other adjacent rooms in my home - the tea fragrance tempers the fruity sweetness of the peach scent so it's not overly sweet. 

Summer weather doesn't really make an appearance until late September / early October around here. With it being on the chilly / breezy side, my skin responds well to the Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum, which actually feels more like a light moisturizer than a serum. 

Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen is one of the few chemical sunscreens that my skin enjoys. The formula is clear which also means no white cast. 

belif Aqua Bomb Jelly Cleanser makes a nice, refreshing second cleanser in the evening or a morning cleanser when my face needs something that can cleanse without drying my skin. It's best to emulsify this in your hands before applying to the skin.

I went about 6 weeks without a breakout - neither a regular one nor one caused by maskne. I knew it wouldn't last and it didn't. Two popped up late last month, one on my chin and one on my cheek during the latter half of the month. Grrrr!! Thank goodness for Peace Out Acne Healing Dots, my HG hydrocolloidal dots that sucks all the gunk out of and flattens pimples.

July 2021 Empties - Likes.jpg

😃 LIKES: These are products I would happily use again. Some I may repurchase and others are a maybe, but for most of those, it's either because I have similar products to work through or that I may like more. 😃

Spoiler
Dear, Klairs Fundamental Ampule Mist gives a dewy glow while hydrating my skin. This also makes a nice refresher for the face on a really warm day. Love that it is made up of 82% green tea leaf water. Except for having several mists to work my way through (all good ones too), I would repurchase this mist.

All Natural Mask Sheet Blueberry and Dr. Althea Water Glow Aqua Ampoule Mask are wonderful hydrating sheet masks.

Neogen Dermalogy Real Ferment Micro Essence has a following and deservedly so. It ranks among the top of essences I would repurchase . . . once I've gone through more of my current supply.

For the longest time, I was only using the Ouai Haircare Rose Hair & Body Oil on my hair and I liked that it made it look and feel soft, silky and smooth. I started using it as a body oil as well and have found it to be luxuriously moisturizing. I particularly like that it doesn't interfere with perfume I might have on and that it absorbs easily, smoothly and quickly. I have a healthy number of oils to work my way through so until a dent is made in that pile, I'll just have to keep this oil on my list for the time being.

Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Mask Sheet Lemon is part of a line that I've come to expect good things from; this varietal is one I would happily use for daily mask; this lemon version does a not job of brightening my complexion.

I did not expect to like 23 Years Old Black Cavidiol Mask, but this one proved me wrong, which is huge for a mouthless mask made of caviar extract. Never judge a book by its cover . . . 

My skin looks brighter overnight with the Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum

Peach & Lily Wild Dew Treatment Essence yields that hydrating glow that is very hard not to like. I like that this can be used as a toner or part of a multi-step essence routine.

Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee with Lion's Mane and Chaga makes for a nice substiute for coffee when I shouldn't have another cup of coffee. 

The sheet masks in the new clean collection is hit or miss for me, with more misses than hits, but the Sephora Collection Clean Strawberry Face Mask is one of the hits, probably my current favorite.  I like that there's extra essence in the mask and though there's a faint superficial bent to it, the strawberry scent is nice as well, and adds to the nourishing results. 

Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind Kale + Apple Replenishing Superfood Conditioner is on the thicker richer side as far as conditioners go, but it adds hydration and health to my hair.

BCL Saborino  5-in-1 Good Night Facial Melting Fruit Moisture Mild is targeted as an evening mask, but there's not enough serum in the sheet mask to sub as a nighttime moisturizer.  However, I've found it works very well in the mornings for a quick but effective morning skincare routine - rinse my face with water, pat dry, apply this mask and leave it on for anywhere from 60 seconds (yes that's right) to a couple of minutes, remove, follow up with my moisturizer, sunblock, concealer and lip balm, and I'm out the door. 

Facetory Dream Garden Elderflower Rejuvenating & Illuminating Mask and Facetory Dream Garden Camellia Nourishing & Strengthening Mask were good, solid masks, the latter of which I'd like to try again.

Coscodi Sparkling Wine Mask Sheet - Red left my skin looking and feeling hydrated, refreshed and brightened.

Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia - the main notes are ones I like on their own so it would seem blending them would be a winning combination, and for the most part, it is, though my preference is to layer it with another scent.

Sadly, the Sephora Collection Charcoal Mask Stick is no more. Portability was one of the best feature of this mask and all the varieties from the line - great for travel and for use at home. Hoping that Sephora will introduce similar mask stick to its clean line. They just come in handy.

doll hospytal lipstick - Melon Collie is one of the few peach leaning corals that I can pull off.

Jason Wu Soft Balm Lip Balm in a Tube (Peach) turned out to be a surprise hit for me. The consistency is really nice - it's like a gel lip balm, having the thickness but without being overly goopy.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturizer is one that works well for my skin in the warmest part of the summer, but otherwise does a nice job as a hydrating serum.

Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Revitalizing and Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Purifying are both nice; I particularly like the purifying version when my skin leans on the oilier side or I'm about to breakout. I don't know if I'd pick up a full size of it though, simply because I have a host of other products that contain BHA and would need to be extra mindful of not over-exfoliating.

Always a good thing to have a pack of these Sephora Hair Hold It Together Snag-Free Elastics around. 

Herbivore Emerald Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Deep Moisture Glow Oil does help to calm redness, moisturize and help heal the skin barrier. 

Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips is a nice oil; my preference though for all over cleanser is the balm. this is nice for waterproof mascara.

bubbleT Cleansing Hand Gel - Peach has an advantage being peach scented. There is a slight alcohol smell to it that I could do without if given a choice, but it's a hand sanitizer so it makes sense that it would smell faintly of alcohol.

July 2021 Empties - Okay + Nope.jpg

OKAY + NOPE:

Spoiler
😐 OKAY: 8These were fine but not standout. 😐

These days, my vitamin C is incorporated in other skincare products. I still occasionally use a separate vitamin C serum. Good (Skin) Days C's the Day Serum is a nice one that was part of a set. It's a nice product, but just not one I would seek out or repurchase, especially given all of the vitamin C serums on the market. 

Body Shop Ginger Scalp Care Shampoo and The Body Shop Ginger Scalp Care Conditioner smell very nice and do a fine enough job of deep cleansing my hair without drying out my scalp or strands. There are other similarly focused hair care products I like more and more to the point I don't have need for other shampoos and conditioners like these now. I initially decided to give these two a try when I was experiencing a bit of dryness on one corner of my forehead. I had wondered whether it was because, at that time, my desk at work was right under the HVAC vents. Turns out that was the reason and since being at home for most of the time for almost 18 months now, I haven't had that problem. 

Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Body Wash & Foam Bath - Love Rose & Vanilla smells like a lovely blend of rose and vanilla scents, which on their own can be too much for me but the mix in this body wash was a nice one.

Results from these sheet masks were fine and each had something to offer that was nice, but overall, these were just 'okay'. I would use them if I had them but, with the exception of the Mediheal Golden Chip Acupoint Mask, I wouldn't be inclined to seek them out. The two sheets from the Etude House Jewel Beam Gel Mask collection - Classic Gold and Moonlit Pearl had the unfortunate position of following my use of my favorite from the light - Twilight Diamond.  I had higher expectations of both than I probably should have. 

Tarte Hydrocealer Concealer is creamy and hydrating, which I found to be very helpful on days I had on a mask for longer periods. The lasting power on this was alright. 

Sephora Collection Brightening Eye Cream has a nice, rich, but not greasy, goopy or heavy feel. It just suffers from my feeling that my skincare routine generally doesn't need an eye cream (though my supply of them seems to fly in the face of that opinion).

Lorac Behind the Scene Eye Primer is fine, just not a favorite for me. 

Trader Joe's Microdermabrasion Scrub Exfoliating Cream is a gentle scrub and does a nice job. I just have other exfoliating products I reach for more frequently and like more. 

👎 NOPE: Something about these items just makes me want to stay away. 👎

Woowhee!! The scent on the Trader Joe's Foaming Hand Soap Peony Blossom is potent. Waaaayyy too potent for my liking.  I ended up mixing it with another scented hand soap to tone it down.

I wanted to like Peach & Lily Matcha Pudding Antioxidant Cream but something in this moisturizer causes my skin to sting; it happens every time I use it, regardless of the season, time or day or how oily or dry my face. I ended up repurposing it as a hand cream. Same with Kora Turmeric Glo Moisturizer. My skin liked the Kora even less than the Peach & Lily - it would become irritated and red all over every time I used the Kora. 😬 I ended up repurposing both as hand cream.

HASK Rose Oil & Peach Shampoo + Conditioner Color Protection Set is one I wanted to love. The scent on this one is wonderful. The conditioner does a nice job of detangling and as shaving cream. The shampoo can double as a hand wash. As an actual shampoo though, much is left to be desired. I tried to make these items work but ultimately had to let them go. DECLUTTERED.  

YTD = 573

Wow wow congrats on all of the empties, @itsfi!! Well done!! 🤩

Thank you @haleyvvvv! Just chipping away at things. 

@itsfi  Wow I am impressed on your devotion!!! That’s amazing!!  

Thank you @ather. I’m finding a good routine with products and just working with a set number at a given time or season. 

@itsfi you are seriously on a roll!! Great job

Thank you @lmaster! It's nice to be able to work through things, new and old. 😀

@itsfi thanks for the detailed reviews!  You went through a LOT of empties--good work.

@CookieGirl1, thank you. I'm getting an idea of what's a good number of products for me to be rotating through so that I can work my way through open products more efficiently and be able to enjoy an item or a variety of product.

@itsfi Wowza!! Did you post about the Birch mask? I don't recall seeing that one. 

@Samtian, the lippies and hair care products took months of focused use. Months, almost a year. I have one more mask to try in the  Dewytree 100 collection, but the Birch mask is one of my favorites. I think I posted about that mask a couple of weeks ago. I'll go look for it: 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/5911131/highlight/tru...

@itsfi Thank you! Still did an amazing job, no matter how long it takes!

10,744 Replies
testing