cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Here are me October empties. 

The Caudalie, tower 28, peace out and the sheseido are all loves. The glow recipe and Estée Lauder was a like and the la mer and the DE was a no. I had an allergic reaction to them 😭

3222C2A5-B2C9-40CD-AD7F-080716B4158B.jpeg

Yes the Caudalie mask and Tower 28, @ather!! So sorry to hear about the allergies!! 

@haleyvvvv  All good. As I age I seem to get more and more sensitive to things. I’ve tried 2 clean foundations and they make my eyes water sooo bad. I’m hoping to try the tower 28 one when it comes to Canada. 

@ather   I really tried to like la mer but their products just seem to sit on my skin.  I do like their lip balm though.  

@heartsmyface  Oh really. It’s a good thing since it’s crazy expensive 😝

@ather, good work on your empties. I'm sorry you had allergic reactions to a couple of products; hope your skin is healing. I also can't use that DE cleanser.

@itsfi  Thank you. My skin has been very picky lately. Things I didn’t think would bother me have been bothering me. But it’s actually really good right now. The rash around my mouth is almost gone (I ended up using a prescription to clear it up) and other then some dry patches from the changing seasons my skin is amazing right now. I’m trying to use up foils since that was my goal this year and with less than 2 months I didn’t get as far as I would like. I’ve been focusing on using my mask foils and hair foils since I should have less irritation from my skin. I’ve also been eating way better and I feel like I can definitely see it in my skin and my hair. I just had my hair done and my hairdresser couldn’t believe how much it had grown. 

@ather ughh sorry you had an allergic reaction!!

@lmaster  Thanks. It happens. I usually react to perfume. But hard to say. Kinda happy I don’t love the la mer cause I’m sure it’s pricy!! Lol

It’s seriously such a relief to have a reason not to fall in love with the $$$$ products, @ather

@eshoe  I agree!!

Empties from the last half of October - a mix of Love, Like, Lackluster and Loathe products. 

thumbnail_IMG_3447.jpg

LOVES + LIKES: The loved products (reviews in spoiler) are ones I would repurchase, if I haven't already done so. The liked products were good - I'd happily use them again and would consider repurchasing; the main reason for them not being loves is that there are other similar products that I like more, with the exception of the Nature Republic ginseng Gold Silk 2-Step Hydrogel Mask which I could see my skin loving in the summer months.

Spoiler
Mediheal Meience ProJelly Mask is a soft, light and thin linen sheet heavily coated in a thick, cooling honey-like scented gel that feels soothing and nourishing against the skin, leaving it feeling nourished and moisturized with a dewy glow. 

The soft, thin, pale salmon hued 100% natural cellulose fiber mask of the Daycell MediLab Black Rose Ampoule Mask Pack Ultra Aqua is infused with a beautifully rose scented viscous but not goopy essence. It adhered wonderfully, wore comfortably, and left my skin hydrated and moisturized, and looking refreshed and brighter. 

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream is great for dry or very dry skin. I often take a DS or foil of it with me when I travel - it works extremely well after a flight. 

belif The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb has been a go-to for me in the cooler seasons for the last 3, maybe 4 years? I occasionally pair it with an oil depending on my skin's needs.

I'm able to infuse my skin with some much needed hydration and brightening with the Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil, both of which are much needed year round, but especially in the cooler months when it's easier for my dehydrated and dry skin to look a little dull. 

The CVS Beauty 360 Nail Polish Remover Pads (Original) are thicker pads which makes them particularly useful when it comes to removing glitter polish. These are individually soaked making them convenient for travel or to keep a couple of packets in my purse or my desk drawer at work, and they are well soaked but not so much that remover is dripping everywhere.

Paula's Choice Omega+ Complex Cleansing Balm is a new HG first cleanser. Consistency-wise, it's like a thicker, more emollient version of Clinique TTDO balm which was a HG of mine for years. I like that this is unscented and does not sting my eyes - always a plus! 

The ultra-thin, lightweight, soft, transparent fabric gauze on the VT Cosmetics Gold Honey-Benone Progloss Mask makes for a luxuriously comfortable wear - the sheet hugs the contours of the face, wrapping it in a gentle, cozy embrace. The mask is saturated but not dripping in a clear, light, but mildly viscous faintly honey scented essence that was neither goopy nor stringy. My skin is left feeling refreshed, nourished, and brightened, with a light bounce to it after 30 minutes with it on.

LACKLUSTER + LOATHE: The lackluster products aren't bad per se; they fell into this category primarily because I had higher hopes for them and they didn't meet up to those expectations. I'm happy that there are only 2 loathed products - the scent on the Opalhouse Gardenia Lotus Candle was just way too overwhelming (which shouldn't be a surprise as that tends to be the case for me with gardenia scented items) and gave me a headache every time. I was able to make my way through it by placing it next to and simultaneously burning a candle with a different scent to tone down on the heady floral. Similarly, The Granite Springs Co. Coconut & Rose Body Wash Elixir was a combination of scents that did not sit well with my sense of smell and, like the candle, I ended up combining it with another strongly scented (but pleasant to my nose) body wash to create a more pleasant scent. 

October 2.0 - Lackluster + Loathe.jpg

MTD = 64 / YTD = 747

@itsfi Wow great work!!!!

@Samtian, thank you!!! I’m happy to get through products.

Great empties, @itsfi, I can't believe your YTD, definitely empties goals!! 

Thank you @haleyvvvv! 😃 I’ve been tracking the specs for my empties - full size vs DS vs foils and the product categories they fit into for the last couple of years and it has been interesting to see which group most of my empties fall into.

You are doing a wonderful job! @itsfi my goal for the year was 750! I hope I can pull it off, but I might be short 

Thank you @lmaster! I've been pleased this year that many of my empties are products that I picked up this year or last year, with a lot less items that have been in the stash for a long time.

How do you go about setting a goal for your empties? 

@itsfi I was just looking for a round number that was a bit more than what I YTD last year, I'm thinking it was around 500 something

2021- 217/100
2021- 42 Destashes

Oct Love Like.jpg

Love-
Oliology Exfoliating Foot Mask- best ever
TokyoMilk Dark Pretty Rotten

Ok-
Wax Melts
Dr. Jart+ Rubber Mask + Ampoule
Allez Cleansing Cloth x4
Marc Jacobs Coconut Mist
Origins GinZing Eye
Volition Pads
Sephora Bamboo Wipes

Oct No NO Dest.jpg

No Opinion-
Clarins Eye Cream
Lemon & Lime Bath Bomb

N.O.-
Skittles Strawberry Chapstick
Chin Mask
Coconut Bath Bomb
Miu Miu Twist

De-stash-
KVD Noble
KVD Hawkwind
JS 714
Rimmel Apollo
JS Soft Serve
Elizabeth & James Rose Dry Shampoo

Need to look into those foot masks, @Samtian!! Great progress!! 

testing