cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

nice job @CookieGirl1

nice job @CookieGirl1

Re: Empties - 2019

As usual, the majority of my August empties are skincare related. Standouts during the month, both good and bad, are below.IMG_0508.jpg

Spoiler

I finally tried the Shiseido Cotton Pads on a whim when I saw them at Marshalls, and now I'm converted! I understand why these have a cult following, and I can never go back to regular cotton pads now.

I decluttered the NYX Glitter Primer because not only did the top crack and make a mess every time I tried to use it, the primer was no longer keeping my eye shadow from becoming a creasing mess.

The GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud was such a major disappointment because I had such high hopes, but it started stinging as soon as I put it on. Darn this sensitive skin of mine!!! The stinging feeling dissipates after a while, but there are other sleeping masks that work for me without any skin reactions, so I won't be repurchasing this.

The Earth Therapeutics Gold Eye Masks would have been perfect if they could only stay in place. This probably won't be a problem if you lie down while enjoying this mask.  

The worst item from the bunch is the Supergoop Mineral Sunscreen Mist because it gives WHITE CAST! I couldn't finish the bottle fast enough, and I'm happily going back to the Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen. Buying this was actually an accident because I thought it was the Antioxidant Infused Sunscreen Spray, which actually goes on invisible. Boy was that first spray a shocker!!! Anyone with skin darker than porcelain should stay far, far, far away from this!

Wow, great job on the empties @sephoraaddict918! Yeaaah, those Shiseido cotton pads are pretty amazing! ๐Ÿ˜

SOOOOO AMAZING @itsfi!!! When I first felt that fluffy goodness on my face, I was mad at myself for taking so long to try them. I've really been missing out for all these years!!!

"Fluffy goodness" is the best way to describe them, @sephoraaddict918! <333 It's made me happy to have spotted them at TJ Maxx / Marshalls...I *try* not to grab 'em all when I see them. To leave some for others to experience their amazingness. ๐Ÿ™‚

great job!! @sephoraaddict918 ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’œ

great job!! @sephoraaddict918 ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’œ

Re: great job!! @sephoraaddict918 ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’œ

Haha! Thanks @lmaster!

Empties - 2019

I can't find my older empties photos, but good news is these were the last empties that qualified me for a $10 off certificate at BareMinerals. I mainly use The Ordinary salicylic acid for my body acne, KP and armpit odor because it's so cheap and effective. The Nyx setting spray started to make my face itch towards the end of the bottle. I think I realized that I just don't reach for setting spray often, so won't be repurchasing any

My August empties ~ just realized itโ€™s all skincare empties this month and a lot of cleansers for that matter. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

IMG_E0142.JPG

Spoiler

@itsfi Luv Mamondeโค...but haven't tried the petal spa oil yet. I don't mind the rose scent. Their rose toner is my fav toner to use these past few months. 

@GodivaMoon the oil is good; ๐Ÿ’— Iโ€™m glad I gave it a try. Itโ€™s quite viscous when it comes out but I add a little bit of water to thin and emulsify it and then it just glides across my face (and smells wonderfully in the process).

Iโ€™m so happy you posted about the Mamonde toner (my wallet, however, is now very scared - lol). Iโ€™ve thought about it for a while. Do you think itโ€™s better suited for the warmer months or would it work nicely in the fall and winter as well?

@itsfi wow great job, was the mamonde cleanser any good?

@itsfi wow great job, was the mamonde cleanser any good?

Re: @itsfi wow great job, was the mamonde cleanser any good?

I really liked the Mamonde cleanser @lmaster. I saw that I have another DS of it and I'm so happy about that. I'll pick up a full size eventually, probably before the year is over. I just need to get through a couple more DS/mini cleansers first. I think you'd like the consistency, scent and results from this one. It cleanses without stripping and smells really good.

Re: @itsfi wow great job, was the mamonde cleanser any good?

@itsfi I had a couple ds sizes as well, I'm also trying to get through some other cleansers first, thanks for your pov

Nice empties, @itsfi! I need to put that Neogen cleanser on my to-try list. 

Yes @quspork, do it!! I've been happy with the Neogen green tea cleanser. I thought it would just be a summer cleanser for me when my skin is more on the oily side, but it's a good year round second cleanser. It's not too harsh or too much in the winter, even when my skin can lean a lot more dry. There are other flavors (like blueberry and grains, I think it's grains); but the green tea one is the one for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

July August.jpg

I've been really slacking these last two months. But today I decided to go through my eyeliners and throw out the dry ones, I haven't worn much make up this summer. Only 4 were bad. Bonus photo of swatches that were good, cause I'm bored.

Love-
Bath Bomb
Wax Melt

Ok-
YSL Vinyl Creams
Pink Sugar Perfume
Philosophy Giving

Hate-

No Opinion-

Destash- Dried Out Eyeliners.

Total-78

Eyeliner swatches.jpg

that is awesome to look at @Samtian pretty colors

that is awesome to look at @Samtian pretty colors

Re: that is awesome to look at @Samtian pretty colors

@lmaster Thank you! Some of them have lasted through my bath last night haha.

Dang, @Samtian, thassa lot of eyeliners!

@CookieGirl1 Thank you! Yeah my little drawer is full.