Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying Smiley Happy

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

August sheet mask empties - I didn't remember to keep all the sheet mask empties but these are most of them from last month. It's interesting to see how my thoughts on some of the masks change from the time I used them to the end of the month when I can look at them in relation to other masks.

LOVES - I'd use these over and over again.LOVES - I'd use these over and over again.

Spoiler
LOVES

The softness of the Bemliese mask material in the Inna Organic Rose Geranium Soothing Facial Mask is amazing. It feels comfortable on and aside from it being too large length-wise and width-wise, the fit on this is one of the best I’ve experienced – the cut and size for the eyes, nose bridge, nose and mouth were pretty perfect and the mask left my skin soft and hydrated. The other masks in this line have key ingredients that are new to me so it’ll be interesting to try those out, but this rose geranium one was a nice first introduction to the brand.

Too Cool For School Coconut Ceramide Mask
is a forever favorite sheet mask of mine. It smells delicious and works wonders at infusing a dose of refreshing hydration to dry or dehydrated skin.

I’ve been loving Lanseal as the material for sheet masks. There are not very many masks with this material but I’m hoping that changes because the material feels like a comfy and cozy blanket for the face.  It’s the material in the 2-piece and the one piece Missha Ice Sorbet Creamy Moisture Mask, both of which were loves last month for me.

Jelly masks are also a fave of mine and this LalaFox Honey Nourishing Daily Mask is definitely one that I want to keep in stock in my house.  The subtle honey scented essence to this sheet mask has a great jelly texture that leaves skin feeling velvety smooth, soft and hydrated.

Megrhythm gentle steam eye masks are tried and true favorites; I can’t get enough of them. The Yuzu scented one is the strongest scented one in my mind and it’s the scent I like the least … except for when I have a cold, allergies or a really bad headache that keeps me from falling asleep. I don’t know what it is about the yuzu-scented mask in this line but it helps me fall and stay asleep on what otherwise feels like it will be a sleepless night.

Loves-Likes: These were great. I feel as if the Innisfree and Holika Holika ones would have been loves if I used them on a day when my skin was especially dehydrated and dry. Same with the Cremorlab - I'll have to try it out under different circumstances, when my skin has a little more redness to see how much of an effect the mask has on that.Loves-Likes: These were great. I feel as if the Innisfree and Holika Holika ones would have been loves if I used them on a day when my skin was especially dehydrated and dry. Same with the Cremorlab - I'll have to try it out under different circumstances, when my skin has a little more redness to see how much of an effect the mask has on that.

Spoiler
Loves-Likes

Cremorlab Herb Tea Pure Calming Mask makes my skin feel soft, smooth and hydrated; would love to see how calming it is with redness.

The Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask (Bamboo) is thin mask with a light, watery and refreshing essence that leaves skin feeling fresh and hydrated. I can see this being a fabulous mask for daily sheet masking.

Holika Holika Hibiscus Tea Bag Mask is a fun interactive mask that left my skin feeling lightly hydrated, refreshed, clear and smooth. Not sure about the firming effects from this mask but I also think that’s something that would require more regular and consistent use of this mask.

Likes - I would happily use these againLikes - I would happily use these again

Spoiler
Mediheal W.H.P. White hydrating Black Mask Ex – black charcoal masks like this one adhere very well and have been one of my favorite types of material for a sheet mask. This one claims to brighten and hydrate the skin. It’s not that there wasn’t any brightness from it but it wasn’t anything standout; the more noticeable result was the hydration it gives.

The house hair sleeping masks have been good to my hair. I love that they come with their own cap too; makes it really convenient for traveling. One of the best scented masks in the lineup is the Sephora Acai Hair Sleeping Mask, which is technically marketed towards protecting hair color and boosting radiance. I don’t have a base for testing its ability to protect hair color, but in terms of shine, it did add some shine to my tresses though I think it works best to make hair feel soft, silky and moisturized.

The packaging on the Hallyu Watermelon Sheet Mask is adorable and the design of the sheet mask itself is as well – it looks like a watermelon. The mask also smells like a watermelon, the fleshy part and the rind part. Size-wise the mask is very large all around and as a result I think it would fit most face shapes. It’s a nice, refreshing mask to have on hand in the summer and great coming out of the fridge.

Natureby Blueberry Essence Mask Sheet is intended to firm and moisturize the skin. As with most firming claims, I don’t think one use is enough, but in terms of its ability to moisturize, that it does. I just wish this one smelled of blueberries. Not a deal breaker but it would have been a nice added touch.

Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask (Fig) is my first fig mask. This essence on this one is more viscous than the traditionally watery serums in sheet masks. It leaves my skin a bit tacky after wear but that dissipates and my skin is left feeling nicely hydrated and moisturized.

Baviphat Juicy Mask Sheet (Peach) smells delicious and hydrates the skin nicely. Another good one for use in the warmer months coming out of the fridge.

Of the 3 jelly masks in this line, Yadah Revitalizing Jelly Pack Mask is my least favorite. That being said, this one is still a good mask; it's the least favorite of 3 amazing jelly masks. This one has a strong ginseng scent and makes my skin look refreshed and more awake after use.

OK/Maybe - these were fine; they fall into this camp mainly because they didn't standout as much as the other masksOK/Maybe - these were fine; they fall into this camp mainly because they didn't standout as much as the other masks

Spoiler
OK/Maybe
Nothing wrong with any of these masks, they just happened to be used in a month with other more amazing masks. The Narikiri Face Pack has a really cute mask design – it resembles My Melody’s face. Biobelle #Rise&Shine isn’t bad, but it isn’t as good as other Biobelle sheet masks and the material on this one feels thicker and heavier than other Tencel fiber masks. Facsy Aqua Mask would be nice for daily masking – it’s a simple, no frills hydrating sheet mask at a good price point.

Meh/NOMeh/NO

Spoiler
Meh/NO

The Upper Canada Acai Face Sheet Mask is one of those masks that I may have, for whatever reason, expected more from. It was fine; didn’t cause me any breakouts or skin irritations but it didn’t really stand out too much either. It’s one that I’d use if it was around but not something that would be at the top of my list to use. A good example of a nice mask that’s just not for me is the SooAE Argan Oil Moisture Repair Hair Mask. Argan oil generally tends to be too heavy for my very fine hair and has a tendency to weigh it down no matter how light a formulation of the oil. I was able to do an easy workaround to make the hair mask work when I used this one (i.e., apply just to length of hair with a light hand, etc.). My hair is healthier than before, but I could see this mask being a good once a month hair treatment for when my hair is really dry/damaged.

The NO of last month’s batch of masks is the GlamGlow Cool Sheet No Drip Hydrating Mask. I’ve tried a few dry sheet masks like this GlamGlow one and the ones I’ve tried have been ‘meh’ or just okay. This one does have a very pretty design – hot pink with silver stars on it; reminds me of a glammed up Nacho Libre mask. Unfortunately, it didn’t really do anything worthwhile for me that I wouldn’t be able to replicate in another mask.

like I said @itsfiv you have a beautiful collection

like I said @itsfiv you have a beautiful collection

Empties - 2019

empties for the week loves and likes

@lmaster Where did you get the We Bare Bears mask? I love that show (it's the big kid in me).

I found the We Bare Bears Mask at Miniso @MoniDJ 😉. They also have different brands of sheet masks available but they do change some brands often.

@keana1 Thank you!

@MoniDJ the thoughtful @keana1 gifted me a couple, I'm not positive where she would of bought them, maybe @keana1 can give you some insight to where they can be purchased, they are so so adorable

These are a nice group of masks @lmaster! <333 Love the Tatcha cleansing oil - feels so nice and does a great job at breaking up sunblock and makeup! Smiley Happy

Thank you @itsfi it is great cleansing oil, on to the next in the stash 😆

Do you like the Ghost Oil, @lmaster?  I've been wanting to try that one, just for something different since I'm almost out of the current oil that I've been using.

@CookieGirl1 I do like it, that's actually what I'm having my daughter use, I find that is not as greasy or oily as other hair oils

@lmaster Good to know!  I hate really thick oils since I have pretty fine hair.

I've went through probably 4 ds of this oil @CookieGirl1 

These are from about mid-May through now. I feel like I go through things so slowly! Anyway, on to the empties:

Loves

IMG_20190828_151431.jpg

Spoiler
The CosRx Galactomyces essence, Boscia Clear Complexion cleanser, Drunk Elephant C-Firma, Ordinary Buffet, and deodorant are repurchases. I want to get a big size of the Nest Indigo, but I need to wait as I have too many perfumes right now. Everything else, I would repurchase, I just have other options I am using right now. I feel like Derma E is kind of a sleeper brand that I don't hear much about, but I have enjoyed the things I have tried from them and they go on sale at Ulta on a regular basis. My boyfriend used the Sephora Aloe mask and couldn't stop raving about it, so it's in here despite me not actually trying it myself. One caveat, I do really love the Drunk Elephant, but it oxidizes quicker than I would like, especially for the price. I wish they would also make this 0.5 oz size permanent because I find the last two months use of the 1 oz size are kind of wasted. This is definitely not a product I stock up on, as it oxidizes unopened over time. I'm currently trying out some other brands of vitamin C to see if I can find something that lasts longer with the same results.

Likes/OKs

IMG_20190828_152231.jpg

Spoiler
I would definitely repurchase the Face Shop & I'm Lavender sheet masks, Sephora mud mask, and Invisibobble hair tie. I have already repurchased the Mamonde toner and Sephora micellar water. Most of the other things, I would definitely use again, but I'm not sure they are worth buying at full price. The I'm Real Lotus mask may have broken me out, but I don't know it was that for sure; I would try it again. The Biossance squalane oil is kind of hit or miss for me. Sometimes my skin loved it and soaked it up, other times, it just sat on my face not sinking in at all and may have contributed to some small breakouts. I like how my skin responds to the Herbivore Blue Tansy mask, but I can't stand the smell, and I'm not convinced it doesn't go bad really quickly due to their lack of preservatives. I would never invest in the full size, but if it came in a set again, I would use it. The Sephora liquid lipstick is actually a declutter, but I did like it, so it's in this picture.

Meh/Nopes

IMG_20190828_152356.jpg

Spoiler
The Perricone and Caudalie are totally not worth the price as they did absolutely nothing for me. The Ren started to sort of saponify/get frothy on my skin towards the end of the bottle which I didn't like, and the Olive sheet mask left a gross feeling film on my face and contributed to a break out for me.

Declutter

IMG_20190828_152450.jpg

This is like a thousand years old and started to smell weird, so goodbye. I was never very found of the color either.

Great empties @snoflakefaerie! I've been eyeing the CosRx Galactomyces essence for a while; I have a few more essences to get through but that one is definitely up there on my to try list. Love that mask from The Face Shop. <3

Nice set of empties @snoflakefaerie!!! Nest Indigo is one of my favorite fragrances!!! 

excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

Re: excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

Thanks @lmaster. I should take a hint from you and try to post things on a more regular basis. It's hard to remember exactly how I felt about things months later!

Re: excellent!! you definitely did a great job @snoflakefaerie

If I had the room to store empties for longer...I probably would 😂 @snoflakefaerie 

August EmptiesIMG_1811.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Brightening Mask (x5)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Vitality Mask (x2)
- Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Green Squeeze Relaxing Mask (x2)
- By Nature Seaweed + Aloe Vera Skin Soothing Face Mask (x3)
- Neogen Mexican Aloe Mask
- Innisfree My Real Squeeze Green Tea Mask
- A'Pieu Strawberry Mikl One-Pack
- Peach Slices Calm Jasmine + Chamomile Sheet Mask

IMG_1812.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
- Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist
- Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
- Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water
- Make P:rem In-Shower Face Pack
- Raw Sugar Raw Coconut + Mango lip balm
- PTR Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream
- Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream

IMG_1808.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
- By Nature Vitamin C + Collagen Hydrating Face Mask
- Australian Gold Lotion Sunscreen with Instant Bronzers
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye eye cream
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
- Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer
- Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly 
- Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser
- PCA Skin Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum
- Murad Prebiotic 4-in-1 Multicleanser
- Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Mask

IMG_1810.jpg

Spoiler
Just ok
- Pacifica Pineapple Wipe Out Oil Cleansing Face Wipes
- Peach Slices Strawberry Ice Cream Sheet Mask
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Serum Concentrate (I'll use my other deluxe samples, but I wouldn't repurchase at current price point)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer

Love seeing your sheet mask empties and hearing your thoughts on them @MoniDJ. I've added a few more to my growing list. Smiley Wink Love SdJ - smells so good.

1 Reply