cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

@Sunnysmom  I have 2 shades of Lisa's liquid eyeshadow: Liza and Diana. Both are easy to finger-blend, and they really do feel lightweight. They never get that dried-out crusty feeling some liquid shadows do on my lids. They're also quite metallic sparkly without looking like chunky glitter bombs, if that makes sense. 

Here's my old (and dimly lit) swatch photo from the day both shades arrived: 

I didn't aim for sheer coverage while finger-blending these swatches, but I'm sure it's possible.I didn't aim for sheer coverage while finger-blending these swatches, but I'm sure it's possible.

I'm interested to see all the new shades. If one's much more purple, magenta, or berry than LE currently offers, I'll probably order it. 

Sigh, those are so pretty @WinglessOne . That Liza is the one that almost got me! Good to know your thoughts thank you. I’m also intrigued by Violette’s liquid shadows. They look pretty pigmented but not dry. 

@Sunnysmom no, I didn’t end up trying any. None of the first ones really spoke to me but liquid shadows aren’t really my favourite so I wasn’t too broken up about it.

curious to see what the new shades look like though 

I’ve gotten into liquid eyeshadow the past year + or so, ever since i tried rare nearly neutral but all of mine since are matte. Was the shelf life on these short? I remember everyone talking about that at some point. The original shades didn’t interest me and i don’t reach for shimmer all that often. I just recently as of like last fall got back into it and purchased 3 VB lid lusters so I don’t know that something like this would get enough use in my collection. 

Same @Mochapj , I have never had good luck with any of this idea, Chanel or others. They alway intrigue me tho. 

More comparisons

8C860715-9AB2-4895-80DB-25D5ACD6A55A.jpeg

8E00D991-AEC8-4C61-AC3E-6DDB92873DCA.jpeg

EB19851D-11CA-47BB-B9E7-B221B47F19CA.jpeg

2B8F5FC9-07C1-4A89-B392-03A1623C565F.jpeg

6E67C64A-8560-4FB2-B0A4-01A67D080AEB.jpeg

Thank you @Mochapj ! Je Ne Sais Quoi looks (to me) like a semi-sheer PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Fever Dream in those swatches, though Fever Dream might be a bit warmer. I have Fever Dream, so curiosity wants me to order this Lisa Eldridge shade just for comparison's sake. Which I won't do. But it'll be fun to see other people's brand comparison swatches, if anyone does a few. 

I was on the fence with Strawberry Shock but chose New Wave instead. In those swatches, Strawberry Shock looks very familiar but I can't place the brand or shade. I have Velvet Morning, and seeing it swatched beside Strawberry Shock tells me I made the right decision to buy New Wave instead. 

Some swatches of the new Lucents

032CEC4F-476E-4CEC-9266-C248D6BADFA5.png

Here are my picks! Curious to see what Night Thoughts, Meet Me in Berlin, and Strawberry Shock look like as the posts and reviews come out. I was also hoping for a blush restock in different packaging.

Screenshot (446).png

Fun assortment @TraceyEB ! Palazzo and Night Thoughts excite me! Can’t wait to see New Wave on your guys. 

@TraceyEB Oh love your shades! Also jealous of your prices! LOL

@ChristalM, I ordered my mother-in-law in Canada an assortment of Lisa's cosmetics as a gift and was notified that I owed $45  in Customs/duties from the UK payable upon delivery.  That expense and the lack of transparency in the total price turned me off. It would be less expensive if LE shipped her products from the US warehouse to Canada.

So what is everyone getting? LOL

I am considering at the moment:

Je ne said quoi-although I love the look of it in her video but not sure how this will tranlate on me. 

Meet me in Berlin-more of a fall shade for me. I am afraid it will be too "nude" tone for me

Night thoughts-again a fall shade for me

Skyscraper rose-I regretted missing out on this one. Wonderful summer shade

And what is the surprise? Was anyone else really hoping for a blush restock? I was!

they are here! Here are some (poor) swatches. I can't wait to try them on! I think the shades  will be ok on lips, fingers crossed. I will refrain from posting lip swatches as I have a nasty bump on my lip right now and no one needs to see that!LE LIP.jpg

@ChristalM, the shades you picked up look so pretty. I passed on making a haul this going around but your swatches are making me rethink that. 😍 They all look very wearable and beautiful. Will look forward to hear your thoughts on how they wear. 💄 

They look terrific on you @ChristalM , hope you’ll love em and your poor little lip bump heals soon too. Those are no fun. 

@Sunnysmom I am pleasantly surprised. I had a few worries! LOL

Thanks 🙂

I get that @ChristalM ! I seem to always for her launches! 

Well I ordered all 4 of the above. Fingers crossed they all work out. I am nervous about Je ne sais quoi...

@ChristalM  I’m very interested to see how Je Ne Sais Quoi looks on all of you who ordered it. Even in Lisa’s video, I can’t quite tell if it’s too pink a coral for me. Looks like it’ll suit many people though. 

I bought Skyscraper Rose and New Wave. Passed on Strawberry Shock but would love to see comparison swatches from folks who ordered it! 

Hope you love everything you bought! 

It looks really wearable and neutral @ChristalM, I bet it’ll be terrific on you! I did Palazzo, Night Thoughts and Wonder Wheel which I’m still not sure about. 

19 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png