cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

I got the soft velvet set.  I think the formula feels like a more lightweight version of CT matte revolution.  I like all three of the shades I got but they are the lightest of the new releases.Velvet fawnVelvet fawn

@jbean90, I read that some people who purchased the Soft Velvet collection had the Beauty lipstick labeled as Midnight or had a dark shade inside that box. It sounds like yours arrived without issue.

Glad you like them @jbean90 ! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Received my new Lisa E lips yesterday. While I love Myth I donโ€™t feel same about Midnight or Decade sadly. ๐Ÿ˜•I have all the reds , Skyscraper Rose and Love of my Life and find them much better tho the new Myth is beautiful. Decade is a muddy brown sepia color I find and Midnight quite purple. Both go on very patchy, dry matte and even when smoothing them out look dry and blah. I was worried this would happen after first release and maybe itโ€™s just my opinion as sounds like some of you guys love the new ones. Your lips must have more color to them or something but Iโ€™m quite sad with these. I did not get any of the other nudes. Not sure what Iโ€™ll do with them as I donโ€™t think she takes returns tho Iโ€™m going to check. Sadly Iโ€™m not impressed except for Myth. ๐Ÿ˜ขEA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg

A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg

@nche @TraceyEB @ChristalM @MissPuff @meganlisa @lipstick4soul @curlychiquita @blackkitty2014 

Love to hear otherโ€™s thoughts. Imagine colors may look good on you @Mochapj so will be curious what you say also :). 

Here are Myth, Midnight and Decade. 

@Sunnysmom So I played with Decade tonight.  And, I like it...but...  There is definitely a but.  As I feel like increasingly palettes are not beginner friendly, Decade requires real work.  

The shade is pretty.  Not too brown or harsh - on me.  The texture is like a powdery silicony balm.  I also ordered the three MUFE lip pencils Lisa mentioned in her video and let's start with that.  Having a good pencil to define your lips first makes this shade perform much better.  Then, it does apply better blotted on or smoothed with a finger to warm up the oils if applied from the bullet (hence the need for defining and outlining the lips first).

If I go through these steps, the shade really is a lovely crushed velvet shade which plumps up my lips.  If I try to apply it straight from the bullet, without softening the formula with the warmth from my fingers, it does not perform nearly as well.

Hope that helps.  I like the shade but think it is very high maintenance.

I have not yet tried other shades.  Will get to them.

And, I will mention, on my lips Decade does not feel like lipstick.  It is more like a lip powder (if anyone knows what those are) and is very light.  I get almost no transfer.  Interestingly, no one has commented on that in the videos I have seen.

I agree with you on the texture of Decade @meganlisa . It reminds me of the Mac lip powder kiss formula also. The other older shades feel heavier to me compared to the new. Even Myth is a bit lighter. Didnโ€™t feel like a balm to me however vs more drying. Maybe your lip pencil helped with that feel. Yea if so! Did it really feel plumping after awhile? I never noticed they at all if so. Lol. My lips are probably older and more dry!๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@Sunnysmom Plumping, yes.  These are a little dry and powdery.  I see the "velvet" in them.  I like the 2 I have tried so far (see my thoughts on Fawn below) but can see that they aren't for everyone and can be a little high maintenance.  They can be patted on and then really don't look like i am wearing lipstick.  Kind of cool.

Yea Iโ€™m so glad they are working out well for you @meganlisa ! I bet Fawn looks good on you. I think itโ€™s just hit or miss depending on color how they turn out. I really prefer a blurry easy lip look vs having to use a liner but Iโ€™ll be giving it a go if I am trying to salvage using Decade! I dearly love LE and her lipsticks, and the velvety feel and look on the reds is so pretty thankfully! 

As always Great info and great review @meganlisa 

I just knew you would be on this thread ๐Ÿ˜‰

@PaletteAddict99 All over this thread.  Wearing Fawn this morning and I love it (not everyone will!).  Super subtle, powdery, velvety and surprisingly a little more transfer proof than Decade - but still not nearly as much as most lipstick. A very soft color, like angel lips in my imagination.  And it has enough warm brown and pink to not wash me out.  These definitely work better with a lip pencil.

@Sunnysmom So I played with Decade tonight.  And, I like it...but...  There is definitely a but.  As I feel like increasingly palettes are not beginner friendly, Decade requires real work.  

The shade is pretty.  Not too brown or harsh - on me.  The texture is like a powdery silicony balm.  I also ordered the three MUFE lip pencils Lisa mentioned in her video and let's start with that.  Having a good pencil to define your lips first makes this shade perform much better.  Then, it does apply better blotted on or smoothed with a finger to warm up the oils if applied from the bullet (hence the need for defining and outlining the lips first).

If I go through these steps, the shade really is a lovely crushed velvet shade which plumps up my lips.  If I try to apply it straight from the bullet, without softening the formula with the warmth from my fingers, it does not perform nearly as well.

Hope that helps.  I like the shade but think it is very high maintenance.

I have not yet tried other shades.  Will get to them.

Iโ€™m glad you like it @meganlisa .  I played with it a bit more tonight doing all you mention but not the liner. Iโ€™ll try that too. I did warm it up first and also tried blotting it also. I can make Midnight work much easier but Decade just doesnโ€™t suit me nor can I get it to not be patchy no matter what. Maybe a liner will help me but it may be it just isnโ€™t good. I did get a great new VB liner  but itโ€™s prob too cool for it. Iโ€™ll try another. The other thing I donโ€™t love is the way it sits on the lip looking so dry and showing lines within lip. And I see it on a lot of othersโ€™ pics online also. Must just depend on peopleโ€™s tolerance levels. Lol. Iโ€™m just not a fan of my lips looking that dry.  Iโ€™ll just try to sell it I think and enjoy her other ones that I do like. Just a shame as Decade was really the one I looked so forward to besides Myth which I adore. It does look good on others so thatโ€™s good.  I do feel like tho that the formula is a little different , more dry than first and second releases. Must be more tricky for these deeper shades. I can get a better similar effect with the new Guerlain lip and new Chanel lip inks etc so thatโ€™s good! I prob just need cooler shades as well so these work better. And Myth. Thanks for your suggestions! I will try lip pencil for fun before I give up on it! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ

@Sunnysmom, this is so disappointing. I watched a YT video last night by Allison Chase who tried on 3 LE lipsticks, including Decade. I think it looked best when blotted on lightly vs. applying for full pigmentation. I was hoping that Midnight would be a gorgeous shade for us. Sadly, I won't see mine until Sunday as I'm out of town. I got the Soft Velvet and the Blue Velvet collections (so Myth and Midnight will be in my order). I'm glad you like Myth, at least! 

๐Ÿ˜• @TraceyEB . Iโ€™ll look for her video. I did try that with Midnight also, helps but its still quite dull purple and just not ideal. Decade is just plain horrible on me. Lol. Am sure others can do it but not me. And so patchy. Worst of bunch sadly. Will be good to hear what you think. Youโ€™re usually not as extreme as I am on my thoughts. lol ๐Ÿ˜† 

@Sunnysmom, You should definitely return the ones you don't like and give Lisa E. feedback on them. I ordered Naya, a brown from Natasha Denons that didn't have any red in it, and it looks horrible on me. It's a milk chocolate shade that gathers in the lip lines and is patchy when reapplying. I tried mixing it with a bright orange but have decided to give it away. Definitely return Decade. Maybe Midnight would look better with a gloss over it...

Yup I think Iโ€™ll have to @TraceyEB though I wonder return shipping ! And I got the darling little bag also. Hmm ๐Ÿ˜•

@Sunnysmom, hmmm indeed. You could call customer service to see what your options are or maybe post to Sephora's trade group.

Thanks @TraceyEB I am going to do just that. โ˜บ๏ธThanks for great idea to post on trade group also. Anybody else can PM me too! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ ( oops can I say that on here ?! Delete delete if not! ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™ˆ). 

@Sunnysmom I got a bunch.  Watched them go out of stock with the reds then the pinks because I couldn't decide.  I got all but Myth yesterday - Myth was shipped separately and seems to have taken a side trip to another part of the country before coming to my state (??? according to the tracking information....).

I had a work event last night and got home late so didn't take a look.  Meant to grab one on my way out - even wore neutral makeup so which one didn't matter. Forgot...

I am really not thrilled with the Midnight shade based on your swatches.  So much wrong with it (hard color to wear for most, patchy, stiff looking).  Decade I would need to see on but the formula does seem to have issues. Sorry to hear that you are disappointed.  She did so well with releases one and two.  Tonight I will actually look at mine and tell you my thoughts.  When Myth returns from its vacation (if it isn't really just lost) I will let you know my thoughts on that one as well. 

Yup @meganlisa you said it, the formula on the dark shades is not good. I hope Myth has only been on a mini holiday and shows up asap because I know youโ€™ll like that one. And Iโ€™m sure any other red or pinks .โ˜บ๏ธWill be good to hear your thoughts so I wonโ€™t think Iโ€™m too crazy. ( too...lol ) ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ

@Sunnysmom Can you believe I haven't even had time to take a look yet. Crazy.  Lisa E. did a video about making dark shades more wearable.  Maybe with this formula, that is what needs to be done (blot them on).

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png