cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

@Sunnysmom I was planning to but after seeing the swatch of Carnival I will definitely be skipping that. Undecided on Dragon as well; I was kind of hoping it would be less orangey and more like Chanel Dragon 😄 Definitely skipping all the glosses as well. 

@Mochapj Yup I hear you. I was wondering about the deeper, more pigmented according to her, gloss but I am not sure either. I have all other lip colors I wanted from her before and while wondering about Beauty I think I will live without it as I do prefer some other formulas. I wondered same about Dragon but it seems like she covered the bluer and true reds before. 

Oh gotcha @Mochapj . I hate that. Seems like sometimes it’s  the ones I want to really see from her too. Lol 

Restock is coming 10/3 and looks like she might also be doing glosses and lip liners

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png

@Mochapj @Sunnysmom Do you fine folks know if Blush is a new shade or from a past release?

I am loving the look of that one and Jazz.

Wait I may be mixed up I’m so sorry @ChristalM ! I’m checking. And I bet @Mochapj will also know quickly. 🥰

@ChristalM  the new shades are Carnival, Dragon, Affair and Blush.

@Mochapj @Sunnysmom Thanks to you both!

Sorry for mix up @ChristalM ! Too many vendors, shades and names in my rather feeble brain probably 🙃🤗

@Sunnysmom not at all! I couldn't figure it out either! LOL.

Debating a purchase. Must remember with exchange and duty/taxes last time, 3 cost me over $160 Canadian

😘 🤗 @ChristalM I know. It’s too nutty. Agree on shipping, mine was a lot to US and probably not worth it for a gloss. 

Perfect. Thanks so much @Mochapj. 🤗

Saw this also @Mochapj , should be interesting to see her new products. 

RE: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

@Sunnysmom here are my 6 - they’re all powdery in drydown yet weightless but I didn’t see any patchiness when I applied mine (Fawn, Muse, Beauty, Decade, Myth and Midnight). Texturally they are a little different than the original 3 velvets but only in that I feel like they have a bit more silicone. They kind of remind me of the texture of the TF Satin Mattes. I think my fave are Myth and Fawn.

Re: RE: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

These are really pretty! @Mochapj 

Hi @Mochapj,

Each one of these is so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Rebecca

@Mochapj why did you post these for??? Just kidding! They are all beautiful on you.  Thx for enabling 😉 I'm stalking Myth then 😉

@Mochapj Meant to also add it’s interesting you feel they’re like TF semi matte , I’m going to compare mine as well. 😊

@Mochapj they look very niceon you , I’m so glad you like them and have no issues. I have no big issue with shades except with Decade. So must be just me then. Oh well. 🤷🏻‍♀️ lol. And so you don’t mind how they don’t cover more of your inside lip then either? That bugs me. lol. A fade is fine but a line is no good on me. You have beautiful lips and thankfully they work well on you! Thanks for your reply!  🤗🥰

@Sunnysmom  I didn’t have much problem with them not sticking to my inner lip line?

the only one of the 6 that I photographed that did (slightly) was Midnight and I think that had more to do with it being the last shade I tried on and my lips being irritated/rushing than with the product not sticking.

that said, for all 6 I started with dry (unmoisturized) lips and removed the slight firm ‘skin’ on the outside of the lipsticks (using multiple swipes) to make sure it applied evenly and smoothly. 

Oh that’s good @Mochapj , yes I only noticed it on Decade and Midnight tho I was able to smooth Midnight out. I wiped the top off also on the second try and that was better too. I’ll keep doing that. 🙂 It’s def a lighter more powdery formula isn’t it. Just takes a bit more work than previous. Hoping I’ll get over my small disappointment soon, so dumb. Lol. First world problems eh. 🙄

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png
  • D037E32F-705D-43AB-BED6-95E693CF69ED.png
  • 9A02D32E-D944-4264-8128-0EEE69D85BDB.png
  • C22BBFD0-C6D7-408B-AC10-144540C6DE72.png