Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Sonia wrote a whole dissertation on her blog Sweet Makeup Temptations, if anyone's interested.

Screenshot_20231111-114524.png

Screenshot_20231111-114545.png

@danielledanielle  Exactly my reaction when I got that email. Well, prefaced by “really, Sonia?” 🫠 

I’ll wait til the set’s brushes are available for individual purchase, and then I’ll pick which one(s) I truly need. Something tells me that’ll include all of the new brush shapes. Sigh. UPDATE: Beautylish texted me about pre-ordering and I totally caved. 🤦‍♀️ 

🤣🤦🏽‍♀️ Oh no!! Well, look forward to your thoughts on these, too @WinglessOne 

😍😍😍 vs 💸💸💸 

IMG_6360.gif

@danielledanielle 

I know.  I knoooooow @itsfi 

Maybe... MAYBE..I have all the brushes/brush shapes included and I can walk away safely???  😶😶

But do you? Do you really have all the brushes or brush shapes @danielledanielle?!! How would you really know?! 🤔 

I need to believe I do, but I DON'T @itsfi 🤣😭😭

I mean, don’t you want to be suuure @danielledanielle??!! 😇 😈 

Temptress! @itsfi 

UuNPIpFbozm5ZMdrU5.gif

I’m just trying to be supportive @danielledanielle! 😉 

IMG_6363.gif

IMG_6362.gif

Guess who's back? WAYNE GOSS, with a crap ton of new brushes for face and eyes (sold on his website and at Beautylish.) The collection premieres on Oct. 31st. He did a video to introduce it...I'd love to hear what y'all think.

I am waiting for his foundation brush to come back in stock so I can compare it to his last holiday brush (which I am still kicking myself for only ordering 1) and my beloved Bisyodo B-FD-01 foundation brush. According to Wayne’s website, his brushes are saikoho goat hair and it’s hard to find this bristles in liquid foundation brushes. If anyone has these brushes to compare, I would be interested in your opinion. It’s not that I need more brushes. It’s just that I want them all. However, I don’t want to waste money on brushes that I won’t use. 

@teufel , I just got the email about delayed shipping and I turned into a petulant five year old.  I so badly want my brushes now!  (It's a 1-2 day delay, still annoying though).

I know @TraceyEB and @itsfi got the full sets, maybe theirs are on the way 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

@danielledanielle @itsfi, I received a shipping notice yesterday and my WG brushes should arrive tomorrow! 😊😊 So excited!

@teufel, I have that gorgeous WG holiday foundation brush and can follow up with you on how they compare. 🖌💖

@danielledanielle, I saw an email about a delay shortly after placing an order, but I’ve been out of town for work and haven’t been able to check status. 

These look beautiful @Harobedb😍 I have a few of his brushes and really like them, so I've been loving all the info that's been coming out about them. Thank you!

@TraceyEB posted information about each brush in the set on the Wayne Goss Thread and they sound wonderful. I've heard the set is priced at $449 USD.

@itsfiThanks for the head's up! 🙂

Cross-posting from this month’s hauls thread. 

rephr small batch saibikoho cheek brush

I really did try to resist buying this. :DI really did try to resist buying this. 😄

This is the only saibikoho hair brush I own. If you blindfolded me and handed me this brush, I’d swear it was grey squirrel. Never in my life have I felt such a silky feather-soft goat hair brush. 

My quick comparison photo: 

My 05 needs a shower. :D And for anyone thinking of buying an 05 based on its shape, know that it’ll fluff up this much once you’ve given it a proper washing.My 05 needs a shower. 😄 And for anyone thinking of buying an 05 based on its shape, know that it’ll fluff up this much once you’ve given it a proper washing.

Closeup of the maki-e side of the handle (slightly blurry, yeah, I know): 

Sakura pattern’s only on one side of the handle. The other side has the standard “rephr” mark.Sakura pattern’s only on one side of the handle. The other side has the standard “rephr” mark.

And for folks who love to see pretty fude presentations, here’s how the brush was packaged: 

I won’t store the brush in this box, but I’ll definitely repurpose the box.I won’t store the brush in this box, but I’ll definitely repurpose the box.

rephr also released a bundle of mini and maxi sizes of a few eyeshadow brushes. I won’t be ordering those, though I’d probably buy a couple of the minis if they were sold individually instead. 

@WinglessOne  Absolutely loved your review. I ordered this brush based upon your pictures and comments. "If you blindfolded me and handed me this brush, I’d swear it was grey squirrel. Never in my life have I felt such a silky feather-soft goat hair brush." Absolutely true! Lovely, lovely brush! Thanks for posting and convincing me to give it a try! ::)

Thank you @Harobedb , and I’m glad you love your rephr brush! 

Normally I’d wash a goat face/cheek brush before using it, to let it fluff up to its full potential. I haven’t done that with this brush though. My brain keeps saying “it’s goat hair so you know it’ll probably change shape, why not wash it now,” but my nerve endings insist “noooo it’s squirrel hair… special squirrel… albino squirrel… cannot wash it right away!” 🤣 I should be able to wash this brush as frequently as saikoho brushes, but I need to get over this mental hurdle first. It feels so delicately silky!  

I purchased the Rephr saibikoho cheek brush and got it quickly. Is it noticeably softer than my saikoho, sokoho, and other goat hair brushes? Yes. Is it softer than my Chinese Fude saibikoho goat hair brushes? It’s about the same. It was a relatively inexpensive brush compared to traditional Japanese saibikoho brushes but you can get the Chinese ones cheaper and they are around the same quality. Look for the brands ShouShouLang and Qinzhi  on Ali Express and Taobao. However 1 huge complaint about buying the ones that I have, the Qinzhi saibikoho face powder brush that I have reeked of moth balls when I got it and I could only get a partial refund. It took me 2 years to get that smell out. I wouldn’t recommend buying these brands if you are super sensitive to scents like I am. I also compared the Rephr brush to the Koyomo Tsuki Hana-nuri face brush which uses aged Koyomo saikoho goat hair from the 70s and the Koyomo is softer but it’s also like 4x the price.

1,985 Replies
testing