Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

I definitely have more that 100 brushes. But I am terribly inconsistent about washing them regularly. I also find that washing foundation brushes takes forever. I have a Benjabelle drying rack and recently bought a second similar one on Amazon because the Benjabelle just doesn’t have enough slots. I make sure all my brushes are dried upside down. One of the reasons I dislike double sided brushes is because I have to let them dry flat. I use the Sigma glove and the Sigma brush shampoo for most brushes. Dr’s Bronner’s unscented Pure-Castile liquid soap also works really well. I don’t buy animal hair brushes anymore, but for my original animal hair MAC brushes, I make sure to the MAC brush cleaner. For clearing color between washes, I use the Makeup Forever Instant Brush Cleanser spray. I am extremely sensitive/allergic to all fragrances (synthetic and natural), so it’s really important that I use fragrance free cleaners. For example, the BeautyBlender cleaners have Lavender added - I can’t use those.

@fhgarman I tried Dr. Bronners but it felt like my brushes took forever to rinse out the soap. The dish soap I use is from Everspring (a Target brand) in Free & Clear. It think it does a pretty good job and it’s pretty gentle on brushes. I just dilute some in some water and swirl my brush in then gently scrub on a SEPHORA COLLECTION Sigma x Sephora Brush Cleaning Mat  and rinse. I dry them at a slant on a large towel and they retain their shape pretty well. If I do all of them at once it takes soooooo long, especially because I want to be extra careful with my more expensive ones. I need to look into some more drying racks. I’m bad about spraying them between washes, usually I just wipe them on a soft makeup remover cloth or a Color Switch.

@makeitup305 @I have a lot of brushes because of going to makeup school. Well over 100. I used to wash my brushes once a week, usually on Sunday. Since I only do a look 1-2 times a week now, I wash them that day. At one time depending how challenging the look is I could easily have 15 or more brushes. I use the Sigma mat and the Sephora brush shampoo. It takes a good 10-15 minutes to throughly wash them all. I also hang dry them upside down which makes the drying time go by quickly. I use a Benjabelle drying rack but also have the portable Sonia Kashuk one from Target. 

For foundation brushes you could try either the Sephora brush shampoo or Beautyblender blendercleanser® solid 

@SportyGirly125 I’m terrible at consistently washing them so every single brush was dirty lol I also wash each individually since a lot of them are natural bristles and I’m afraid to damage them. It would definitely be faster if I washed them once a week. I tend to just rub excess product on a color switch or a makeup remover towel.

CHIKUHODO; koyudo and Wayne goss are my favorite  eye brushes. I am not too fussy on face brushes but my most used are Sephora brand brushes 

I've never heard of these brushes @idanyd but I was googling koyudo and they have one that looks like a twig or a Harry Potter wands or something, it was hella cute!

@idanyd, ohhh, the brushes from those brands are wonderful. 😍 I’ve just recently discovered Koyudo and will plan to look more closely at their eye brushes. 

Who has signed up for the next Sonia G? 🙋🏽‍♀️

Screenshot_20220719-233412.png

@danielledanielle I definitely added it to my wishlist!

It's available today @Samtian , 🤞🏼🤞🏼

The new Chikuhodo Makie Series MK-SK Powder Brush is available at Beautylish 

6.10.2022 Haul 1b.jpeg

Handle details:

6.10.2022 Haul 1c.jpeg

6.10.2022 Haul 1d.jpeg

😍😍😍

What a gorgeous beush @itsfi !

stunning! @itsfi 

@makeitup305, thank you. These brushes are great to use and look lovely!

Wow @itsfi , spectacular ! 🤩

@Sunnysmom, thank you. I’m a sucker for this Makie series. The detailing on the handles gets me every time (so it’s a good thing the quality of the brush itself is sound! 😉)

Ah, beautiful, @itsfi!

Thank you @curlychiquita! The detailing is even prettier in person. 😍 

@itsfi I second what @danielledanielle said that I will pretend I didn’t see it. It is gorgeous. Enjoy ❤️🌹

@blackkitty2014, it took me by surprise when I saw the email for it. Will have to be extra good now to keep June within my low(er) buy goal. Lol.

@itsfi I bought this one from Japan about a month ago. I love how some of the flowers have a bit of a holographic tinge to them 🙂

testing