Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@curlychiquita, lovely brush collection!!

Thank you, @TraceyEB! ๐Ÿ™‚

Looks like fude brush prices will be increasing again, most likely due to the shortage and increasing price of natural bristles. Chikuhodo has announced a price increase starting on Feb 1. Hakuhodo has announced a price increase starting on June 1 and they have already been gradually shifting to using more synthetic bristles in their brushes. Other brands will most likely follow suit. Not sure about Sonia G and Wayne Goss though. Bottom line, if you are looking at natural hair brushes, you may want to get what is on your wishlist soon.

@teufel Thanks for the Intel. 30%...that is steep! While I don't 'need' more SG or Hakuhodo fude, I do have a b'day later this year. ahem.

@teufel  Yep... got an email yesterday from Hakuhodo. Their price increase is pretty substantial so I placed an order. Ugh... there goes my no/low buy plan. ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ

*cross posting with Beauty News*

Price Increase.png

@AMK721 Honestly, don't feel bad. This is the right time to break a no/low buy especially if you knew or planned that you'd be getting this between June-December. 30% increase is a ton. I'm on a strict no buy this month and I'm content with my brushes as of right now but if this was something I was eyeing and I heard about a 30% increase I'd stock up so that I never had to purchase them at the inflated price. 

@QueenMarceline  that's exactly what I'm thinking. They are my favorite brushes and agree that 30% markup is craaaazy ๐Ÿ˜œ. I should be able to go the rest of the month without purchasing anything else beauty or skincare related. 

@AMK721 Yeah... 30% is... a bit much. Can't wait to see what you end up snagging ๐Ÿ™‚

Brush-inflation ๐Ÿฅฒ

It looks like all the Beautylish Lunar New Year brushes from previous years will be restocked and I found what looks like a bundle of all 4 on the Beautylish website.year of t.pngyeart of t2.png

I was hoping there would be a discount on the bundle, and/or let it be a pick 2 of the brushes, but sadly that's not the case. $500 for the bundle and $125 for each single brush. I want the Tiger, and I missed out on the Pig brush, so I'm torn if I want to spend the $250 on brushes that will probably not be used. I can't bring myself to used my mouse (I know it's Rat but it looks like a cute mouse to me) brush for fear of using it because it's such a pretty brush and the mouse is sooo cute. 

Has anyone heard of a release date? I was hoping to get texted by Beautylish to do a pre sale but that hasn't happened so far.

Iโ€™m not sure about the beautylish brushes but SG does this with bundles and itโ€™s never discounted itโ€™s literally just a bundle lol ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

That brush set is bound to fly!! ugh very tempting, they're all so cute!!

@Seymore3 , I saw that and was like "yay" but also "oh no, I shouldn't buy all of them" ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ

@Seymore3 Ugh, I'm hopping on beautylish to see if the rat one is available (I own pet rats, so I think I neeeeed it.)

If anyone is looking for good quality affordable synthetics, my Target had a lot of the Sonia Kashuk brushes on clearance for 50% off and they're great.

@makeitup305 I'll have to check next time I'm in the area of my local target, their brushes have always been a really good bang for your buck. Sonia Kashuk is/was such an underrated brand in my opinion. I love their lip pencils (might be discontinued) and I loved the coverage of their old foundation only downside was it has such an intense perfume scent (for sure discontinued). I actually have a back-up of the foundation somewhere. Probably should use that up lol

@QueenMarceline I swung by again today and most of them were OOS already. I wonder what's going on with their brand. I've been using the ones I brought and they are top notch. Maybe they're coming out with some new shapes? Hope they're not scrapping everything.

@makeitup305 The state of their brand has honestly been in question for me for the last 2 years. Things keep disappearing then reappearing on huge discounts then disappearing forever. Last I saw (which was a while back) all my target had was their brushes. ๐Ÿ˜• 

@QueenMarceline. 'Tis a bit odd to 're-set' a modestly- priced (yet nicely made) brush range every couple of years, as it isn't really a Fashion Item. I think of mu Brushes as utilitarian, not flash-in-the-pan. My 3 fave SK brushes: Retractable l.s., #127 spoolie; #110 Concealer -all cheap n' cheerfully bought on-clearance.

@MvLL I agree, that's why the state of their brand has been in question to me for a while. Used to love their foundation, although it was heavily perfumed it worked wonders on my skin and didn't clog my pores (oddly enough). That's been scrapped but I have a back-up still. I wonder if SK is kind of on it's way out... I used to love their lip liners, I think I bought over 10 on clearance once. They're comparable or even better quality than ones for $18-25/each that I own from high-end brands. Truly will be a loss for drug store makeup brands if this one is leaving us for good ๐Ÿ˜• 

testing