Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Visage USA is offering 25% off purchases of $250 or more with code BLACK25 through 11/28. The current Chikuhodo Kirameki brush sets are excluded from this promotion.

03588FE8-C218-4A1B-B79C-300E17396D28.png

Has anyone tried these? I feel like I had a brush from Smith Cosmetics a while back and it was kind of scratchy but I can’t remember. I like the shapes in this set but idk if it’s worth the price.08B22448-1E63-46AB-A294-09DD84785261.png

@makeitup305, I have a good number of Smith brushes. The standouts for me are:

• 210 - angled spoolie, the design is handy
  • 202 - a teeny precise eyeliner brush
  • 253 & 256 - small & large eyeshadow arrowheads, I like using the angles & the flat surfaces
  • 220 - a finishing eyeshadow brush, great for applying/smudging liner and blending eyeshadow; I especially like that it can soften heavy handed shadow placement (it acts like an eraser - I own 2)
  • 122 - I use for painting on & buffing in cream blush/highlighters
  • 157 - a wedge brush that I use especially for small blush pans (I turn the brush around to use the high edge for highlighter)
  • 154 - a large arrowhead face brush that I was drawn to for the edges.

I have quills 230 and 235 and I use them regularly though they're not unique. I have noticed that the gold ferrule is fading on some of my most used brushes. The only brush I would say is a hint scratchy is the 154 large face brush with its duo fibres but I kind of like having a brush with that texture. I also own their half-size Smithfolio, which I use to carry my brushes when traveling and is my top Smith recommendation!

Smith eye and face brushes with a more unique designSmith eye and face brushes with a more unique designCrease quills + other Smith brushesCrease quills + other Smith brushes

@TraceyEB @Thanks for the info! I have one of their arrowhead brushes and another face brush. They’re not my favorite but they do have some really interesting shapes. I might pick up the quill set during the sale or maybe individually if Beautylish has any of their stuff on their BF sale.

@makeitup305, you can't go wrong with their quills, individually or in a set!

rephr has a new collection of brushes for the holidays, along with bundles, with option for free organizers. Submission of honest feedback within 60 days required for discount. All photos from rephr direct.

rephr holiday collection release.PNG

rephr flagship eye set (classic).PNGrephr flagship eye set (hooded eyes).PNGrephr regular priced items.PNG

rephr the launch collection.PNG

I picked up the Sonia G Sky Face set during the gift card event, so will have to pass on Rephr this year, but the Complete set looks like an excellent deal! 

@acecakes, yay for picking up the Sonia G Sky Face Set - her brushes are wonderful! 💓 Good call on picking the set up during the gift card sale too - it's like two gifts for yourself, one to enjoy now and one for later! 😃

I’m debating any brushes during the event @itsfi , any musts you love love? 

@Sunnysmom, here are some of the ones I have enjoyed using:

4 - it's held out as an angled cheek brush for contouring, but I use it more for bronzer

17 - cream brush

20 - I'm not usually a fan of fan brushes (lol) but I use this with some of my highlighters. It's not too dense, not too wispy

24 - cheek brush or bronzer - for products that have that baked gelee texture like Chantecaille blushes and bronzers

Let us know what you think of the brushes if you decide to pick some up.

@itsfi how do you think their quality compares to WG and SG? have they held up well?

I have quite a few from each but have been interested in rephr (probably from the chokehold they have in influencers) and the holiday set seems like a great deal to try so many shapes.

@makeitup305, my overall preference would be for WG or Sonia G brushes over Rephr, but that's not to say the Rephr ones are bad. I think the Rephr brushes on sale are a good deal and there are a few that I really like. The holiday set looks good; I picked that up but just haven't had the chance to sit down and play with them. I like the 17 brush and am interested in the 31 brush (it's a larger version of 17). 

Oh wow thanks so much @itsfi , super helpful! I don’t know. I get confused easily in brush world 😂. I have a few decent ones and always need more I think. I’ll let you know if or what I pick up. Cheek and cream sound good as does a new highlighter brush. 🤗 

Restock alert.  Several Sonia G brushes are restocked at Beautylish.   There's also a lotus + fusion bundle.  Some brushes are still unavailable, but the newer versions of sculpt brushes are there and a few of the sky set.  Most of the eye brushes seem available.  Master face is still OOS.

image.jpg

image.jpg

 I stick it in a bowl that it came with and add ecotool makeup brush shampoo turn it on and whoola clean brushes 

I’m obsessed with makeup brushes too lol 

434D59DE-B528-41F4-9DA7-FB4B7679A0EB.jpeg

 I use an automatic makeup brush cleaner Pro 2020 Upgraded Electric Makeup... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0811LV2TS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share it’s amazing and it comes with holder attachments for all size brushes and it’s easy and quick to use and relatively cheap on Amazon. 

They're here . . . and they're beautiful! 💜

Sonia G. Lotus brush setSonia G. Lotus brush set

@itsfi   -- They most definitely are!  I caved in the end.  Mine are still waiting to be shipped b/c I also grabbed one of the Fusion brushes.   So in the meantime...eye candy! 🙂 

Ohhh wow @MCSSavvy! What a wonderful treat! 💜 I'm very excited for you to get your two brush sets! 😍 Those are beautiful scents. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on them. Fingers crossed your beauties ship out soon and make their way to you quickly and smoothly. 

@itsfi @They’re beautiful. I’m talking myself out of this Sonia G set since I have at least 2 of each similar brushes from her. Have she put the round round (instead of round flat) blush brush in all bet is off 😂🤣

Thank you @blackkitty2014! 🤗 She makes such beautiful brushes! I passed on a couple of her previous releases and couldn’t do it again. Though truthfully, I also didn’t try that hard to resist. 😂 

Well darn it! I’m weak. I order the set 😂🤣 I will blame this on you love @itsfi 🥰🌹😘 PS I hope the fusion set will stick around since I want that one too. 

2 Replies
testing