Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@blackkitty2014  It's a gorg set so definitely one to grab up!  The Fusion set is part of her permanent line so there will be regular restocks. 

@blackkitty2014, not to enable any more ... okay, maybe just a little more, but I think Beautylish has an option for both the Lotus and the Fusion sets. 👼😉

@MCSSavvy

hahaha @blackkitty2014! I'll take the blame. 😂 Turnabout is fair play though - a couple of Chanel lippies should be coming in soon. Your pretty swatches did me in. 😘  Lots of good things said about her fusion set. It's part of her permanent collection so I imagine there'll be restocks if they run out. 🤞

Which Bloom you get @itsfi ? I am thinking get Chance for back up. Love it

@blackkitty2014, I heeded your advice (as you've never steered me wrong) and picked up Opportunity - for whatever reason, I didn't even know about that shade until I saw your swatches. Chance was what I had intended to purchase so that made its way into the cart as well. Somehow, Dream followed. 😁 

Opportunity is a great shade @itsfi . Honestly I don’t think you can go wrong with Dream, Chance, Radiant and Opportunity (which now you own both) 😘

@blackkitty2014, I love Radiant! It’s what started me down the Blooms path! Good formula this line of lippies.♥️

@itsfi Everytime I wear Radiant I like Darn it IS radiant 🤣😂😘

@itsfi they're stunning congratulations!! I talked myself out of buying the set. I really don't need anymore brushes, but I am on the waitlist for her classic base brush. I've seen a lot of good reviews for this brush from people that suffer from dry/sensitive skin so hopefully it'll come back in stock soon.

Thank you @niki172! 🤗 Her classic face brush is great! My cheeks are the most dry and sensitive parts of my face and the brush is great for applying cheek products. 👍🏼 

@itsfi do you mind me asking if her brushes help or exacerbate dry patches? For example if I put my foundation on with my fingertips it looks pretty good but you can tell I need to smooth it out for lack of a better turn. Once I do that you can see dry spots and/or it's lifted foundation away from drier areas. I've tried all the tricks like spraying my brush head with a hydrating face mist before going in (that does help a little bit) to application techniques and I still have issues mainly on my forehead and around my chin/mouth area. Thank you in advance!

@niki172, don’t mind you asking at all; that’s what we’re here for! When I’ve used it (and on one cheek in particular that is notoriously dry), it doesn’t draw attention to it as much and it doesn’t irritate the area or exacerbate the dryness. I lightly tap blush on more than swirl and blend it because I’ve found that to be better for not highlighting any dry patches.

Have you tried applying a teeny dab of a blurring or moisturizing oil based primer over your blush? I’ll prep with YSL blur primer or Hourglass No. 28 serum primer then apply blush, then set my makeup. In the winter when my skin is at its driest, I’ll take a teensy, teensy tiny bit of the Hourglass and lightly tap it over the blush / dry flakes. It might just be in my head but that’s helped a little.

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer 

Hourglass Mini N° 28 Primer Serum 0.27 oz/ 8 mL - Travel Size 

@itsfi Oh my goodness, I kept looking at your new brushes and I migrated over to Beautylish and ordered this set as well😀. I could not believe they were still in stock. My intent was to only order the fusion set but . . . .  The set is just so beautiful! 

@tjffc, yaaay!! I’m surprised they’re still in stock too. Very happy to hear you were able to pick up a set for yourself! The fusion and lotus sets?!!! 😍 That’ll be fun!! 🤩 Sonia G has really done a first rate job with her brushes. ♥️

@itsfi They are gorgeous. Can’t wait to get mine tomorrow. 

@SportyGirly125, yes, they are. 😍 It should be fun putting them to use. Enjoy your set. 

@itsfi Thank you.

Oh my goodness they are just so pretty @itsfi !! Enjoy them! I will live vicariously looking at your pretty pic of them! 💞 (p.s. I’m not sure I would even know what to do with that beauty on the end left. 😳😂 I realize I probably should not admit that to this group! 😆)

Thank you @Sunnysmom! 🥰 The one on the end left confused me a bit when I ordered the set; it says it’s a base fan and works with foundation. 🤔 Having them in hand, I can see how that could work out well; I plan to give it a try with my base makeup. I also plan on trying it for contour and bronzing. That was my knee jerk reaction to how I’d use it. We’ll see how it actually works out. 😉 

@itsfi That brush reminded me of the PATRICK TA Contour Brush 

Oh good to know @itsfi thank you! My gut instinct was for bronzer etc. I bet it would be good for foundation for sure! Happy experimenting! Keep us posted how you love them! 

testing