Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

2 samples?

Is Sephora reducing the amount of samples from 3 to 2 per online order? it's bad enough that we don't always receive the samples we select, are we also going to get less?

RE: 2 samples?

2 is worse than 3 but my issue is getting no samples at all. Never seemed to have this issue before I hit VIB or Rouge

Re: 2 samples?

I have a feeling it has to do with the sale .. or with customers doing separate orders to get more samples , I have a friend who works in retail. Either way it’s not appreciative to the “rouge” status. Spending 1k a year , I’m slowly switching my purchases to Nordstrom in store , where if you get someone nice they usually pack ur order with samples. Sephora is making changes , 60 day return policy etc. 

I was disappointed when I placed my order today to see the samples have dropped from 3 to 2. The generous number of samples that the customer gets to pick are a way Sephora has distinguished itself from competitors. And they provided a nice perk to new customers without a point balance, incentivizing future business. It’s become such a well established policy that the switch to 2 can only say “downgrade” to customers. Perhaps a decision best revisited. 

re: fewer samples means increased accuracy. I just received my order and sure enough 50% of my requested samples were incorrect! I don’t understand how reducing sample quantities AND continuing to provided inconsistent service is somehow better for the customer. I’d say I was disappointed but it’s more than that, I feel duped; the Rouge program is supposed to make me feel special, not like a fool for believing that Sephora really appreciates my loyalty. 

Unfortunately it doesn't. I got only one of 2 samples from my recent order. Seems like counting to two might be as difficult for someone as counting to three *sarcasm*

@MariaA85 Well since I only received ONE sample as well in a recent order, the reduction certainly hasn’t helped with accuracy. Not impressed. I was given 75 points to make up for it. Again, not impressed. It would have been nice to have at least received 100 points so I could get another sample from the Rewards Bazaar.

I agree. Having 75 points is not enough for a sample... and you have to make another purchase anyway. Ew. Something's really wrong here.

Really disappointed, especially since I'm lucky if out of the three samples I receive one is actually something I selected. I've gotten orders before that all three samples were the same thing. 

RE: Re: 2 samples?

Yes! So true!!

I was totally tempted to say that exact thing! I never get what I chose, so it is hard already to sample what we're interested in.

Hi @Saharie91 and @malaria86,

We truly appreciate your feedback regarding samples. At this time, the number of complimentary samples clients may select is two. I hope you enjoy the samples that you're able to choose with your order, in addition, I suggest asking a Cast Member for assistance with product samples directly during your next in-store visit as well! Thank you!  

Best,

Rebecca 

Nice thought, although I almost NEVER get what I choose even if it was posted new that day. And store shopping isn’t an option for someone like myself that was recently disabled due to an accident. Online shopping is my only way and if I am not getting what I select, I might as well go outside and rub some dirt on my skin. My Rouge status just dropped to an occasional shopper that is desperately bored.

Hi all,

I can confirm that at this time we are offering 2 samples. We appreciate your feedback regarding this. I will share any feedback and as someone already mentioned here, we do not have further insight into this. Thanks!

-Mali 

Hi Mali, could you please tell if it's OK that I've ordered two samples but got only one of them? (Haven't got Hourglass sample from my recent order, only got the Amika mask). Maybe there is some other change in samples policy that I'm not aware of? Thanks in advance.

@Saharie91 I noticed that just now when I was placing my sale order. I wonder if it’s a temporary measure during the sale?

@MaliBT @kevinbt Do you happen to know?

it seems like Sephora is confirming that from now on ty

it seems like Sephora is confirming that from now on it will only give two samples per order. this is actually quite upsetting, especially for members who support the company. it is unfair, not only because of the fact but because they didn't even bother to announce it. I wish it was handled differently to show that Sephora values our loyalty BUT...

@PinkEvergreen There are a couple of threads about this now. Yesterday a mod responded that they didn’t have any information at this time. It seems to have surprised everyone 

Wow, they didn't even announce it or anything 😕

Nope 🙄

Yep. 

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing