cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Top Box Subscription Box ๐Ÿ“ฆ โœจ๏ธ

Has anyone out there tried the Top Box Subscription? โœจ๏ธ๐Ÿ“ฆโœจ๏ธ

I did and was on the fence about it.  I got my first Box and I think I'm going to keep going with it, until next month at least. 

Details:

Canadian Sub box for 15$ that gives you 4 trial sized of random products.

Pro: Affordable 

Con: Who knows what you'll get ๐Ÿค—  and tiny products.

My first Box ๐Ÿ’–

MTXX_MH20230418_172646102.jpg

Spoiler
okay so first impressions:
Wow! What a surprise, three full size lip products! 
๐Ÿฉท A liquid lipstick in Dusty Rose by Laritzy 
๐Ÿ’šA tinted lip oil by Manna Kada
๐Ÿ’œ  A tinted lip balm by Maskeraide.

Plus, the two minis. A facial oil by Clairns and a mascara, Roller Lash by Benefit Cosmetics.

This box has more value than what I paid and the quality of the lippies were a hit for me. 
Each one tasted nice on my lips and were hydrating. Plus they look so pretty on.  

20230417_154641.jpg

(Wearing Laritzy in Dusty Rose)

The Clairns oil is more sample than trial size so menh ๐Ÿ˜ด  but I'm okay with the mini mascara, I use it everyday so it'll serve me well lol

So my break down is just in that spoiler above. ๐Ÿ™ƒ 

Final thoughts? ๐Ÿ“ฆ

SO,  for now,  I'm going on for another month. I'm excited to see where this goes. 

If you've had this sub box I'd love to hear about it! What did you think, what did you get? And are you still in?

Re: Top Box Subscription Box ๐Ÿ“ฆ โœจ๏ธ

I hope you get good stuff! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ€@JoSometimes 

IMG_6334.jpeg

Decemberโ€™s box is here! There are some great looking goodies in here!

e.l.f. Liquid Poreless Putty Primer

Iโ€™ve tried the other version of their poreless putty primer but wasnโ€™t wowed by it. Hopefully this liquid formula is a better.

Laritzy Felt Tip Liquid Liner

I enjoy using felt or brush tip liners, so Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll enjoy this one. I have my Hello Kitty liner and a Sephora Collection liner to use up first before I open this one. 

Origins Plantscriptionโ„ข Multi-Powered Youth Serum 

A small trial. I havenโ€™t tried it yet, but it seems promising.

Clarins Clear-Out Lotion Purifying and Matifying Toner

This one, Iโ€™m intrigued by. A toner that also mattifies? Hopefully itโ€™s not too drying. 

This is a great box @JoSometimes 

Have you used the liner yet?? I really hope it wasn't the one giving you all the trouble today ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

Is that tea that came with this? ๐Ÿค” โ˜•

@CynthieLu, I took the Laritzy one out of the package but havenโ€™t cracked it open yet. I have a Sephora liner and Hello Kitty open right now, so Iโ€™m waiting to use up at least one of those before opening this one. (One that gave me a hard time this morning was my Hello Kitty oneโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ฉ)

I wish it had tea! That would be so perfect for this gloomy weather! It was a coupon for $2 off. Iโ€™m not sure where to buy that tea thoughโ€ฆ

I did eventually open the mystery โœจ Luxe Box โœจ

Inside was:

PXL_20231204_222500215.jpg

PXL_20231204_222543283.jpg

Benefit Cosmetics Mini 24-HR Brow Setter Clear Brow Gel with Lamination Effect 0.11 / 3.5ml 

This I will re-gift, I don't use wax or holding gel on my eyebrows, they stay in place pretty well on thier own.

Floss Face Wash. Is an all natural face wash I've received from Top Box before, I'm happy too have and use it again.

Morgan Taylor polish in shade Totally Betty.  ๐Ÿฉต This is a cute color. This is the first time I've seen a polish in a sub box from this company.

Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream Intense 0.5 oz Is new to me.

innisfree Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 2.7 oz / 80 mL I've used before and it's a very lovely HA serum.

Origins Dr. Andrew Weil For Originsโ„ข Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion 3.4 oz/ 100 mL is very interesting to me, especially battling redness. I'm the most curious about this product.

And a mini highlighting/bronzing palette from BellaPierre.

I did a little swatch,

PXL_20231204_222652482.jpg

Very nice reflects, supper blendable and pretty pigmented from one light swatching. โœจ๐Ÿ˜

@CynthieLu @I see a few that have shown up in the regular Top Box. That polish and highlighter palette are great scores though!

I have heard of mushroom-derived serums before. I went to a Sephora a while back to replenish my Tower 28 spray but I couldnโ€™t find it. I asked an associate and she made a sour face and asked me if I was sure I really wanted it. (Of course, I did because itโ€™s a staple in my routine.) I was polite and asked her what she would recommend and she directed me to another mushroom-derived serum. I meant to look into it more but lost the name of it. 

There's been a few mushroom infused face masks that have really impressed me @JoSometimes, Ooh gosh trying too recall thier names are hard but they do make lovely skin care ingredients. ๐Ÿ„ 

Yes I see alot of familiar faces in this particular box too. 

I will say, I like this shade of blue for a polish and the highlighters is gorgeous. I used it on the high points of my face today and it was pretty darn illuminating. 

I was researching and from what I've found, I think they charge 29$ for this sub. It's only delivered every 3 months and says you will receive 7-8 trial sized items. I think just like the smaller sub box they probably thrown in full sized items periodically. 

Apparently... there's another subscription service called Luxe Box that's offered by Top Box?

I'm very confused but they sent me one ๐Ÿง

PXL_20231204_222308117.jpg

โ€ƒ

@CynthieLu Ohhh? Is this a pleasant surprise or an accidental purchase?

I think I bought it ๐Ÿ˜‚ @JoSometimes but not the subscription, there was a little note inside and it read something like,  if I liked this I should try thier luxe monthly sub. ๐Ÿง And it was from the Top Box company. Curiouser and curiouser.  ๐Ÿ„ ๐Ÿˆ

@CynthieLu Maybe itโ€™s a thank you for being a a constant subscriber but also hook you into upgrading. 

Oooh maybe? @JoSometimes ๐Ÿ˜‰ that would be pretty smart marketing I think. 

Topbox collaborated with the "Look Good, Feel Better"  campaign. 100 percent of proceeds for this box go to this charity.  I think that's amazing!  โœจ

I read this box sells out every year. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ  For $125+ dollars CAD they pack in $550+ CAD worth of products.

PXL_20231113_010324507.jpg

Let's open it together ๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ

Spoiler
PXL_20231113_011354941.jpg

On top was a sweet little card,

PXL_20231113_011402739.jpg

And now, the contents ๐Ÿคฉ

PXL_20231113_010801277.jpg

โ€ƒ

Inside this box were luxe beauty items by brands like Tom Ford, Charlotte Tilbury, Guerlain, La Roche Posay. โœจ
Smashbox Photo Finish Control Mattifying Face Primer with Salicylic Acid 1 oz. / 30 mL 
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Matte Bronzer Medium 
TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 03 Casablanca 
Clรฉ de Peau Beautรฉ Lip Glorifier Pink
GUERLAIN Rouge G Refillable Lipstick Red Velvet 
Kylie Lip Kit
CLINIQUE Moisture Surgeโ„ข Overnight Face Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 
Clarins Mascara 
Nars Lipstick

@CynthieLu Wowza!!

It was all for a amazing cause and filled to brim with excellence ๐Ÿ˜ @Samtian Thank you!

November's Box arrived today ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐ŸŽ‰

PXL_20231116_215311043.jpg

Surprised to see two full sized products,

โญFloss vegan mascara is Black

And

โญFarleyCo Hand Cream

I tried the hand cream right away, it's very nice. Lightly fresh scented, hints of marine/ocean scents and very hydrating on my dry fingers. This cold weather lately has really been getting too my skin.

A mini by Benefit,

โญBenefit Cosmetics Mini Fan Fest Fanning & Volumizing Mascara Hyper Black I love **most** of my benefit mascaras, I'm really excited to try this one!

I have a few open mini's right now and a ton in my queue....but I pushed this one into my "using now" rotation.

A trial size by Clairns

Clarins Cryo-Flash Instant Lift Effect & Glow Boosting Face Mask 2.5 oz / 75 g 

Ookay a face mask, that's fun! I haven't tried this before but I'm thinking it will be nice. I've enjoyed most of the skin products by this company that have ended up in these boxes.

Value:

Okay with the Fan Fest mini sitting at 20$ retail, and this box costing me only 15$, you really do get a good value for what you pay. It's always chance what ends up in these packages but I'm good with a smooth hand cream and a mascara that's been on my radar. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Overall I'm pleased with this box ๐ŸŽ

@CynthieLu Great box! That hand cream sounds nice. Iโ€™m currently using #Benefit Cosmetics Mini Fan Fest Fanning & Volumizing Mascara Hyper Black. Itโ€™s pretty good and sitting at my number two favourite mascara. 

The hand cream feels and smells pretty lovely. The ingredients are interesting.  I can't say I've ever used a product with donkey milk before. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Ooh I took it for a test drive today. I thought the wand looked pretty standard but it really fanned and lengthened my lashes. It's a total pleasant surprise. Now curiosity begs and answer, what is your favorite mascara?? @JoSometimes 

@CynthieLu Donkey milk!? That is a pretty unique ingredient! If it works, then why not?

My number one favourite is ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight. I like that it goes on without any clumping. It does a great job of coating individual lashes and lengthening them. Lashes stay completely separate and fan out.

I find fan fest clumps some lashes together but not as bad as other mascaras. Iโ€™ve been using the Clarins SOS serum mascara as a primer with Fan Fest over it. I find it goes on much cleaner and lashes stay separate. 

IMG_5728.jpeg

My subscription was cancelled for this month. Iโ€™m not sure if the payment didnโ€™t go through or something on their end, but I wonโ€™t be getting this months box. I was pleasantly surprised to receive this in the mail from them though. 

Shiseido Essential Energy Hydrating Cream 

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Ooh those are nice samples @JoSometimes Have you ever used Shiseido? They used to be a big part of my routine. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Ooh nooo, I'm sorry too hear there was a mistake around your box this month. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ That's a bummer. Did you reach out to customer service?

Conversation Stats
  • 183 replies
  • 488 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos48
  • MTXX_MH20230418_172646102.jpg
  • 20230417_154641.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230517_105400532.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230517_105516233.jpg
  • MTXX_MH20230517_105600907.jpg
  • IMG_3218.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230616_195027603.jpg