Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Spring Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021-spring-savings-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

Sephora’s Spring Savings Event is here, and if you’re looking to get (or give) unbiased shopping advice and inspiration on how to build your baskets, you’ve come to the right place! Whether you’re searching for self-care essentials like skincare, hair treatments, or bath and body products, replenishing your makeup must-haves, or on the hunt for the perfect spring fragrance, Community’s got you covered. Ask for recommendations, build your shopping strategy, show off your basket screenshots… and don’t forget to share those swatches and unboxings! 🎁🌸

As a reminder, if you’re Rouge like us, you can shop starting Friday, 4/9 with a 20% discount in-store or online with the code OMGSPRING. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/13, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Thursday, 4/15. And for the first time ever, everyone will get 30% off Sephora Collection starting 4/9 through 4/19 – no additional code required. Find out more about the Spring Savings Event on our FAQ thread here: Spring Savings Event 2021 FAQs 

Reply below and let us know – what are you adding to your basket during the 2021 Spring Savings Event? Don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag any products you mention! 😊

Re: Spring Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

sephorabasket.PNG

Not an exciting shopping basket this go around, but sunblock is always necessary!

Supergoop! Every. Single. Face. Watery Lotion SPF 50 1.7 oz/ 50 mL the name calls to me and so far I've loved every sungoop sunblock!

LANEIGE Hydro UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ 1.6 oz/ 50 mL always a go to brand for everything skin for this family

and the last is an attempt to make the sunblock application process easier on my 2yo!

I was tempted by the Sephora favorites clean beauty set but resisted! (for now!)

@wwTraveler @Love the Laneige sunscreen 

I think it is very good thinking about the spring products ...

@mantia With spring I always think of MORE sunscreen (because sunscreen must be on our minds and faces/bodies all year long) I want to try Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Sunscreen SPF 50 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and Tatcha The Silk Sunscreen Mineral Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA++++ with Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide 1.7 oz/ 50 mL And I am anxious to see what Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit brings this year! 😃😃

@CatheRH, I like the #Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Cherry , it's got the right amount of color and shine to it.  It's a great summer shade!  It does have a hot/warming feeling to it when you first put it on or smooch someone.  I don't think the plumping effect is better than any other particular lip plumper.

@CatheRH I have tried the SDJ Cheirosa mist and love it.  I also have tried the GR mist but it's not my absolute fav.

Good morning beautiful people. Today is a good day to start saving for the next sales event. 😁

This event was at the perfect time for my niece’s wedding. I think we got her all of the stuff she needed and most of what she wanted. 

Thank you Sephora 🥂 

Umm I have a birthday coming up next year- do you want to shop this sale for me next year?😆😀

I'm glad that your niece was able to get stuff for her wedding and hope that she has a wonderful day.

And there are still things on my list that I didn't get. Because of Ms. Rona, I didn't get to do my research instore so I didn't want to take a chance on ordering things that I hadn't tried out.  Now that we are getting back to a new normal, I have more time to test things (which translates into a longer list!).

Here is my last order. I talked myself  out of a much bigger cart. 😁. The Givenchy i will use a gc.  At least one item is a need: MILK MAKEUP KUSH Clear Brow Gel Hydro 

Screenshot_20210419-222247~2.png

Screenshots_2021-04-19-22-44-22.png

It looks like that Givenchy lip liner strikes again lol! Great last haul @Buootiful .

Oh, is the lipliner popular? I hadnt known it existed until the Givenchy masterclass. Im so glad I did😁 @niki172 

@Buootiful that lipliner became popular because of that class! Seriously that MUA needs a raise and to please come back.

@Buootiful Glad you got the Givenchy liner.

Thanks! I cant wait to test out it's waterproof capabilities @SportyGirly125 

Trying to decide if I want to add Sunday Riley C.E.O Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Face Oil and Sunday Riley Auto Correct Brightening + Depuffing Eye Cream for Dark Circles 0.5 oz/ 15 mL to my routine. 

These are the Sunday Riley products I already use. Any advice is appreciated. I tried to call the store to ask since today was the last day of the discount but wasn’t able to get anyone to help. 

Thanks in advance! 

8ADE4AFB-77CD-4ED1-B295-4D1EA08FD54A.png

2E9E2F36-AAA2-4CC0-8B90-E295D3D2BF1F.png

568AA70E-56F4-4A0F-8B71-0F344F557C07.jpeg

You have a lovely collection of Sunday Riley products! They are one of my absolute favorite brands too. 
I know the sale is over, but the Sunday Riley Autocorrect Brightening and Depuffing Eye Contour Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL is my HG eye cream for de-puffing. I have been using it for years & always have a backup, nothing else de-puffs + brightens my eyes the way this eye cream does! 
As far as the Sunday Riley C.E.O Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Face Oil goes, I personally don’t love it. It is a nice facial oil, but I did not experience any real brightening effect. It’s one of my least favorite Sunday Riley products, in terms of results. I much prefer their Luna Oil! 
I hope this helps! 

Thank you for your reply! This is exactly what I was hoping for, someone’s honest feedback. 

I placed the order anyway for the two products. Looks like I’ll definitely give the Sunday Riley Auto Correct Brightening + Depuffing Eye Cream for Dark Circles 0.5 oz/ 15 mL a try. I don’t know if layering on another vitamin c product is the way to go, so I’ll likely skip that one and stick with Luna. 

Many thanks! 

I ended up placing one last order. I was looking for the Yuni Showersheets and was bummed they aren't carried anymore.

Haul 2.png

@Samtian I made one last quick order last night for the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL Sweet Apple , too! I forgot about it until I saw that @lmaster purchased it. 

Screenshot_20210419-234712.jpg

@curlychiquita I can't wait to hear if you like it! I've never tried any version but always wanted the cherry. Figured I better hurry and get this one lol.

testing