Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Spring Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021-spring-savings-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

Sephora’s Spring Savings Event is here, and if you’re looking to get (or give) unbiased shopping advice and inspiration on how to build your baskets, you’ve come to the right place! Whether you’re searching for self-care essentials like skincare, hair treatments, or bath and body products, replenishing your makeup must-haves, or on the hunt for the perfect spring fragrance, Community’s got you covered. Ask for recommendations, build your shopping strategy, show off your basket screenshots… and don’t forget to share those swatches and unboxings! 🎁🌸

As a reminder, if you’re Rouge like us, you can shop starting Friday, 4/9 with a 20% discount in-store or online with the code OMGSPRING. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/13, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Thursday, 4/15. And for the first time ever, everyone will get 30% off Sephora Collection starting 4/9 through 4/19 – no additional code required. Find out more about the Spring Savings Event on our FAQ thread here: Spring Savings Event 2021 FAQs 

Reply below and let us know – what are you adding to your basket during the 2021 Spring Savings Event? Don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag any products you mention! 😊

Re: Spring Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Did you say lip mask @niki172?!! 😉🤣 Two of my favorite things - lippie and mask in one. I’ll have to check this one out.

Tatcha! 💯

I plan to get the Ordinary Naicinaminde 10% +Zinc 1%. I stopped buying make up, but there are other products. I wanted to get a Sephora cleanser all solid soap bar.#Sephoracatatus.

@fmoreno2. You can't go wrong with The Ordinary. I regularly use a couple of items myself.

A few things I had on my loves list sold out but I tried to limit my buys to essentials. I may come back for a moisturizer, but I own three and choose which one to use on any given day based on how my skin feels. I want to use them up soon. My favorites do tend to be expensive, though, so it's important to buy them on sale. 

Here's what I purchased. I saved $78 on a bunch of stuff I'll use everyday.

Screenshot_20210409-205543__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-205550__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-205557__01.jpg

Oh I like your list @curlychiquita ! Have you used the Oribe root touch up?! 

@Sunnysmom not yet.  I usually use the Rita Hazan root touch up spray (which is fine) but figured the sale is a good time to try another one. 

Good to know @curlychiquita thanks. I have not tried the Hazan either. Tricky!! Lol

@curlychiquita. How is the hair serum? 

@Ispend2much6 I use it all the time. I think this is my 4th bottle. I use it mostly to control some excema on the top of my scalp, but I think controlling the excema helps my hair grow better in that spot.

Adding cotton swabs in my basket @curlychiquita 

Those cotton swabs are great, @curlychiquita!  Can’t believe they are actually in stock, great buy:)

@TeamBIC  I was looking forward to getting some of the SC sale items (which I have already purchased recently too) at 30% off...but apparently they are excluded from the 30% off SC, even though it doesnt say anywhere that sale items are excluded from...very disappointing. 😒 😩

Hey @treestar86 which SC sale item were you trying to purchase? The 30% off wasn’t applying to my cart on mobile when the sale first launched midnight Apr.9th, but it is working now for me (both desktop & mobile) and I was able to place a combined order with non-SC and SEPHORA COLLECTION Jelly Melt Glossy Lip Tint Samba showing the correct discounts.

SC.png

It might have been delayed, but the SC sale items are still coming up with the 30% off. Just make sure you don't have any other regular items in there too, the OMGSPRING code will remove the 30%. 

I made an order with OMGSPRING and had two Sephora Collection items. I just did the math and got 30% off those two items and 20% off everything else. So it worked for me to have a "mixed" bag.

@cptiger It worked for me, too.

What products are fragrance and linalool free?

What products are fragrance and Alina look free for cleansers?

@CHANELSCUM  Here are some cleansers Sephora sells that contain no fragrance or fragrance components (including linalool): 

Paula's Choice RESIST Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser 6.4 oz/ 190 mL 

Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultra Facial Cleanser 

First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 8 oz/ 240 mL 

Skinfix Barrier+ Foaming Oil Hydrating Cleanser 6 oz/ 177 mL 

Skinfix Barrier+ Foaming Clay Cleanser 5 oz/ 148 mL 

The INKEY List Fulvic Acid Brightening Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL 

The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser (Note: The Ordinary products are excluded from this sale) 

I use The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm to remove makeup, including tinted moisturizer or tinted sunscreen. But I always follow it with my usual PM cleanser, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar (the bar version of the liquid CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser). If I use a cleanser in the AM, it's Paula's Choice Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser which Sephora doesn't currently sell. 

Hi! So most of the Cetaphil and Cerave products don’t have those things in there. Same thing goes for the other one. They have worked for me very well with having very sensitive and dry skin if you have oily skin I would recommend the foaming facial cleanser by cerave it is very affordable and great on oily skin. If you have more dry skin like my I recommend the hydrating facial cleanser. It is awesome on my skin and hydrates almost like a moisturizer. The cerave products never have fragrance but some cetaphil products do. Hope this helps!  

7 Replies
testing