Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Spring Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021-spring-savings-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

Sephora’s Spring Savings Event is here, and if you’re looking to get (or give) unbiased shopping advice and inspiration on how to build your baskets, you’ve come to the right place! Whether you’re searching for self-care essentials like skincare, hair treatments, or bath and body products, replenishing your makeup must-haves, or on the hunt for the perfect spring fragrance, Community’s got you covered. Ask for recommendations, build your shopping strategy, show off your basket screenshots… and don’t forget to share those swatches and unboxings! 🎁🌸

As a reminder, if you’re Rouge like us, you can shop starting Friday, 4/9 with a 20% discount in-store or online with the code OMGSPRING. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/13, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Thursday, 4/15. And for the first time ever, everyone will get 30% off Sephora Collection starting 4/9 through 4/19 – no additional code required. Find out more about the Spring Savings Event on our FAQ thread here: Spring Savings Event 2021 FAQs 

Reply below and let us know – what are you adding to your basket during the 2021 Spring Savings Event? Don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag any products you mention! 😊

Re: Spring Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

Happy Thursday, everyone! I already replied to this thread, but my basket has changed probably 20 times since I originally posted 🙃 This is what I currently have in my basket- it is currently a mix of restocks and products I want to try!

Restocks:

Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm Vanilla 

Supergoop! Glowscreen Body Lotion SPF 40 3.4 oz/ 100 mL  I need more body sunscreen, and I love Supergoop's face Glowscreen, so this is more of a restock and try.

Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL for my dad- he tried a sample of this moisturizer and liked it.

fresh Kombucha 2-in-1 No-Rinse Cleanser & Prebiotic Treatment 6.7 oz/ 200 mL 

Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL when it becomes available

Products I want to try:

Glow Recipe Avocado Soothing Skin Barrier Serum with Ceramides 1 oz/ 30 mL 

A good dry shampoo- I have been eyeing Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo 4 oz amika Perk Up Talc-Free Dry Shampoo 5.3 oz / 232 mL and OUAI Super Dry Shampoo 4.5 oz/ 127 g. Have you tried any of these dry shampoos, and if so, which do you like best?

Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 

A good product to tame flyaways. I was looking at OUAI Matte Pomade 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or OUAI Finishing Crème 3.4 oz/ 101 mL but am open to suggestions. 

@adrianamancini the Amika dry shampoo is my favourite.  It's got a light scent, but it's pleasant to me, and I have dark hair that doesn't have a heavy white cast after using.  

@missjeanie This is extremely helpful! I have shoulder-length, dark brown hair, so dry shampoos that don't leave heavy white casts are a plus. I also suffer from migraines, so it is great to know that the Amika dry shampoo has a light scent. I will check that one out! Thank you so much for your feedback! Have a wonderful weekend! 💖

@adrianamancini  So many awesome choices!!! 

Thank you @ather! Hope you are having a wonderful day! 💛 

Wonderful choices @adrianamancini! Armani Luminous Silk is one of my favorite foundations! 💖 I also have my eye on that Glow Recipe Avocado Serum. 🥑 My basket changes all the time, up until the minute I hit "Place Order"! Excited to see what you end up with - hard to go wrong with any combination of the goodies on your list! 

@itsfi Just ordered the avocado serum! 🥑 As you can see, my wishlist versus my final basket drastically changed 🤣 I may get the Armani foundation too- I use and love their concealer, so it sounds very intriguing! Hope you are having a wonderful day! 

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 4.21.16 PM.jpeg

@adrianamancini, which Armani concealer do you use? The Luminous Silk one? The Power Fabric has been a favorite of mine for years. This reminds me though that I’ve been wanting to try the LS version. 🤔 

Oooh! I’ll keep an eye out for your thoughts on the avocado serum! 🥑 It sounds so good!

@itsfi Yes, I use the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Face and Under-Eye Concealer. It is medium coverage but buildable. I love how natural it looks. I also have dark circles, and this concealer covers them well.

I am so excited about the avocado serum! I will keep you posted! 

@adrianamancini , love your choices and post as many times you want.  I bet at least half of us are shopping each others carts anyhow 😂

Thanks, @danielledanielle! Everyone has such great choices in their carts/wishlists! Have a great night! 😊

I'm curious if anyone has tried either The 7 Virtues Rose Amber Eau de Parfum Rollerball 0.33 oz/ 11 mL or NEST New York Turkish Rose Perfume Oil Rollerball 0.20 oz / 6 mL . My local store only carries the Nest fragrance, but I'm still hesitant about visiting the mall. Thank you in advance!

Looking for the best toner and the best serum for the tough wrinkles on my forehead/between my eyes. I'm 42, fair skinned (thanks to Covid), haven't used a toner in years but I'm pretty well versed and tried many serums with yet to find the one that REALLY works the magic! I already have Saturday Skin pore refining toner in my basket, I really love Dior's Super Potent serum and with the extra 15% off I think my basket is close to complete!

I’m still playing with my cart, but I’ve mostly still been thinking about an anti aging tool. I was going to go with the NuFACE Trinity + Eye and Lip Enhancer Attachment Bundle # but Upon reflection, I worry I won’t put in the time required to really get results everyday. TheDr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro seems like less of a time commitment every day so I’m thinking I will pick that one 

@Kim888  I ordered the DDG mask!! I ordered the limited set one. Ive heard some have issues but I’m hoping mine doesn’t break!!

@Kim888 

My DDG died and they wouldn’t replace it. I’m super angry. I paid $500 CDN for it then I read all the reviews and it’s apparently a common problem. I wouldn’t go with DDG. 

@GG84 @Yikes! I did see some of those reviews as was definitely concerned about it! Thanks for letting me know! 

@Kim888, I have both devices; both are great but I reach for the DDG one more frequently. 

@itsfi  I ordered thee DDG!! So exciting!!! 

Yaaay @ather! You've been wanting that for so long! 🛍

1 Reply
testing