Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Spring Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2021-spring-savings-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

Sephora’s Spring Savings Event is here, and if you’re looking to get (or give) unbiased shopping advice and inspiration on how to build your baskets, you’ve come to the right place! Whether you’re searching for self-care essentials like skincare, hair treatments, or bath and body products, replenishing your makeup must-haves, or on the hunt for the perfect spring fragrance, Community’s got you covered. Ask for recommendations, build your shopping strategy, show off your basket screenshots… and don’t forget to share those swatches and unboxings! 🎁🌸

As a reminder, if you’re Rouge like us, you can shop starting Friday, 4/9 with a 20% discount in-store or online with the code OMGSPRING. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/13, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Thursday, 4/15. And for the first time ever, everyone will get 30% off Sephora Collection starting 4/9 through 4/19 – no additional code required. Find out more about the Spring Savings Event on our FAQ thread here: Spring Savings Event 2021 FAQs 

Reply below and let us know – what are you adding to your basket during the 2021 Spring Savings Event? Don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag any products you mention! 😊

Re: Spring Savings Event 2021 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@WinglessOne   You're welcome!  I don't know if it will be the same experience for everyone, but it was pretty exciting for me!

The real question (for me) is, “can you build a basket that contains NO lipsticks or tinted balms?” 🤣 Let’s find out! 

I'll probably go on a #Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix Eye, Cheek & Lip Cream Pigment spree, grabbing shades (like Alien) I don’t already own. (I wish Sephora had Primary Blue. I already have it, but it’d be good for other folks to have: use it to mix custom shades of purple, green, and turquoise.) I realize this kinda sorta breaks my lipstick low-buy since Colorfix can be used anywhere on the face, buuuuut let’s just claim these will be primarily for eye makeup. 

PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Ultra Glow Highlighter - Divine Rose II Collection Divine Rose is still in my sights. Miiiight have to pick it up. 

Gonna finally add MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Resist Color Pencil Eyeliner 08 Deep Sea to my eyeliner collection. 

If LYS products are in stock during the sale, I’ll try the LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush Inspire . 

And a 100% crazy might-buy: Tatcha The Silk Powder Protective Setting Powder 0.7 oz/ 20 g . Crazy because: 
Spoiler
My skin has hated every Tatcha product I’ve tried (except the Kissu lip mask, and I still haven’t tried the sheet mask I got): something in Tatcha products irritates my skin. I’d be tempting the hell out of fate with this purchase. I've carefully read the powder's ingredients list and will cross-reference it with my personal known irritants list. I can hear my undereye skin whispering "are... are you SURE this is a good idea?" But curiosity reeeally wants me to try this powder against my tried and true By Terry powder. I wish there was a travel/mini size for test purposes. 
If the US release of the new Natasha Denona palette coincides with this sale: Circo Loco might wind up in my basket, if I can pick it up in-store. 

Have you actually seen the Tatcha The Silk Powder Protective Setting Powder 0.7 oz/ 20 g in person, @WinglessOne?  I was a little surprised to find that it actually has teeny-tiny microsparkles in it; I'm wondering if they actually translate on the skin or not.  I know that @faeriegirl got it in an Influenster box so I'd be curious to know...

@CookieGirl1  I haven't seen it in person, but I'm glad you mentioned the sparkly bits. If the sparkle effect is very mild, I can see that working well for my undereyes. (I sometimes dust a little Hourglass AL powder or dab a little highlighter in my tear troughs.) I'd love to hear from @faeriegirl or someone else who's tried it. 

@WinglessOne @CookieGirl1  It does have a radiant finish, but I haven’t noticed it being sparkly at all.

Thanks for the feedback, @faeriegirl ! Sounds like it's more of a pearly or Hourglass AL Powder type of radiance, compared to an AL Strobe or more glittery finish. Good to know. 🙂 

Oooh, primary blue sounds amazing, @WinglessOne., thank you for the heads up about it.

Fingers crossed there's a DS of the tatcha powder soon for you!!

@WinglessOne it is so hard to resist balms even though I have no where to wear them!

@WinglessOne I didn't know Sephora got in Danessa Myricks products! I saw where Beutylish started carrying the line. Off to add more items to my list as I'm really curious about the line - the products look gorgeous.

@niki172  Most of Danessa's products are quite versatile, so you'll have fun playing with them. One of my recent favorites is #Danessa Myricks Beauty Illuminating Veil Liquid Highlighter which I didn't expect to love so much. I bought 2 shades last year (or 2 years ago, I dunno, it's all a blur 🤣) but didn't play much with them until this year. A tiny bit of this stuff goes a long way. I love to layer it under cream blushes to make them glowy. They're wonderful under a tinted moisturizer. If I wore cream/liquid foundation, I'd layer this highlighter underneath. Something I haven't tried yet is layering this highlighter under concealer on my undereyes. I have to figure out how best to strategically (and minimally) apply it for the effect I'm after. 

Whichever product(s) you choose, I can't wait to hear what you think of them! 

@WinglessOneNow I have to put MUFE 08 Deep Sea on my list.  After seeing your swatch of 03 Iron Grey, I bought it and love it!  In fact, I wore it today on top of a light copper liquid shadow and it really made my eyes stand  out.  After six hours of being out in the sun and humidity, the eye shadow wore off some but the liner was perfectly intact!  Now if I will just remember to apply it evenly on each eye; guess I should start taking pictures of my face to see what application mistakes I need to remedy. 🙂

@Ispend2much6  Yay, I'm glad the grey MUFE eyeliner worked out so well for you! I love that these liners do not budge once they've set. And I still hope MUFE will expand the shade range, because I'd love to have a red shade of this liner! Once I have the navy shade, the only one I'll be missing is the copper shade... I forget what it's called... Sienna, I think. And I might even buy that one, though it'd likely be quite subtle on my skin tone. 

Photos for application accuracy can be very helpful. I did that once my eyesight started going all wonky, thanks to the magic of aging (that point in life where your vision suddenly switches from myopic to "oh great, I have to hold [page/label/phone/etc.] a full arm length away to read it at all"): I suddenly had trouble applying shadows and liners to my left eye. So I started taking selfies to see where I was making mistakes. That's also when I better honed my left-handed application abilities. (My right hand is dominant, but I can do most things with either hand.) Anyway, if you do it, I hope it helps! 

@WinglessOne  It did help today.  I was trying to learn how to take a selfie for a zoom meeting place holder photo (or whatever you call it; I'm not very adept at technology,) and I noticed that one eye's liner was much thicker than the other.  It also just happened to be the smaller eyelid of the two, so it was really noticeable in the picture, but not so much in the mirror.  So, yes, I think I will have to regularly do that!

I'm with you about singing the tune about time marching on; I was complaining about my eye issues to my eye doctor (a little head of schedule with developing cataracts) so my eyesight is not as crisp as it used to be.  He flat out told me it was better than being dead.  Never had a doctor be quite that blunt before!

@WinglessOne  I’m curious about the tatcha powder as well. If I see a GWP with it I’m definitely getting it. I have 3 loose powders currently open on my counter and I just got the LYS Beauty Triple Fix Setting Powder  so I can hopefully do touch ups when I’m out. So far I like it. 

@ather  I'm surprised there hasn't been a promo DS yet (via Sephora or Tatcha direct) for the Tatcha powder, considering how many there were for Silk Canvas. Hopefully one will pop up for us in the near future. 

Glad to hear you’re liking the LYS setting powder so far! I've also considered trying it, but I seem to have better luck with loose setting powders than pressed ones. Even the pressed version of By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder (which does work well) doesn't live up to the loose version, which is still my fave of all powders. Still, the LYS powder's price point is very tempting. 

@WinglessOne  I agree. I have so many DS of tatcha. I don’t get why they haven’t done it yet. Tatcha also did a travel size for both of the silk canvas so hopefully they follow suit and do one. I don’t think I would get a full size until I tried it first or am completely out of loose powder. 

I was curious about the LYS and the price point was great. I also like that I can throw it in my bag and do touch ups at work. The weather here doesn’t know what to do so I can either be super oily or dry throughout the day! Also I was expecting this mini size container and it’s way bigger then expected for the price! 

Omg I can't wait!!!!

Any chance the Dyson Air Wrap will come back in stock in time for the sale?

@Tamara76  I had an email it’s back in stock. Unless it’s sold out again 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hi @ather  - It's still showing oos for me.  I really hope it comes back in stock for the sale - fingers crossed!💗

@Tamara76  Fingers crossed!!! It might be available in Canada right now that’s why I see it. 

Here is my list so far❤️89676076-00E0-4F1D-ADE2-A0C06D2850F2.jpeg

testing