Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Delightfully Decadent December Hauls 2023

T’was the week before Christmas and all through the malls, BIC’ers were shopping and collecting their hauls…

IMG_6047.gif

Happy December to everyone! There will surely be plenty of delightfully decadent December hauls as we all get ready for the holidays. Whether they’re gifts from loved ones or something for yourself, show of your holiday hauls for everyone to see!

Happy birthday to all the December babies! (If you’re like some of my relatives, I’m sorry you only ever got one present at this time of year… You are still very special!)

And Merry Christmas, Hanukkah Sameach, Habari Gani, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

IMG_6046.gif

Re: Delightfully Decadent December Hauls 2023

Ooooh, another great idea @missjeanie! A set of mini's would be lovely for celebrating Galentine's Day or Valentine's Day. 💖

@itsfi @missjeanie fingers crossed!

@itsfi  Oooo those look beautiful!!! 😍 

Right @ather; the color range is really nice for a first release of the lip oils. Well curated. 

@itsfi  oooo I haven’t heard of these yet! I’ll have to keep my eyes open for it!! 

@ather, I really thought I saw swatches on the brand's site yesterday but when I went to look back, nothing; it had disappeared. But now, there's supsense for it.

@itsfi  Ooooo interesting I wonder if they posted it and it wasn’t to early? 

@ather, that could be so. I initially didn't know about the name but when I tried going back, there was something that came up that said "Dream Lip Oil' but when I try to open that page, the landing page defaults to a message that there's no such products.

summer fridays 1.png

summer fridays 2.png

@itsfi  Oooo I like your sleuthing!! Fingers crossed it comes soon! 

lol, I hear ya about that struggle @missjeanie. I slowed down my purchases this year and still have pleeeeeenty to work my way through for next year. 😆 

It’s been a few days of using the Fenty lip mask. I’d say we’re in deep like, but I’m not sure I’m ready to say it’s love for me. 😉 

Here are my initial thoughts about it - 

• Thick consistency (but not in a way that makes it difficult or cumbersome to use)
  • Slight tack, less so than the Laneige sleeping mask
  • Like the packaging a lot - it comes in a tub like the moisturizers for Kate Somerville and Drunk Elephant. The little spatula that comes with the Laneige is really cute but it’s not convenient to carry around with me. I plan on keeping one of these at my desk at work. 
  • Applies easily, even with it being a thicker balm
  • Not goopy, doesn’t slide everywhere
  • Lips look supple, feel hydrated
  • Leaves a gloss like shine

I have no problem using Laneige sleeping mask in the daytime, but I know some people do because of its consistency and stickiness. The consistency the Fenty, along with the shine it gives, makes it a nice one for daytime wear. Tagging @ather as she asked about my experience with the lip mask and so she can share hers too. 

That’s a tough decision. I do not envy you having to make it. Any possibility you can get the Fenty this year and the Summer Fridays lip oils in January? 😇 

Happy New Year! 🎉

Tags:

@itsfi @ather Ughhhhh... I mean... Can I get both the Fenty and the Summer Fridays... yes.  Should i?  Probably not?  But it sounds so nice!  I'm actually not a huge fan of the Leneige lip mask.  It was always just meh for me.  They were okay and they did a good enough job overnight, but the little spatula wasn't for me, and I was just never wowed by it.  The OG Bite Beauty Lip Mask was my favourite hands down.  Maybe I'll have a glass or two of wine tonight and see if I need to buy the Fenty then!

@missjeanie  I agree with you. I liked the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Peppermint but I’ve found better ones I like more!! Are you picking up the SF too?

@ather the SF will be on my list for spring sale.  I'm going to try and hold off until then.  It'll give me time to see online swatches and hear some reviews to see how many I need lol

@missjeanie  Good point!! I always rush into launches blind!! 

Interestingly @missjeanie, I stopped reading after "Can I get both the Fenty and the Summer Fridays... yes." and then picked back up at "But it sounds so nice!" to the end of your post. 🤣 I think both would be good. I mean, how are you going to know for sure what you think of the Fenty or the Summer Fridays if you don't try at least one? One set of each! 🛍 

I like the sound of a glass or two of wine. There have been studies showing a connection between drinking wine in moderation and improved cogntive skills. One or two glasses seems like it would very much fall within that moderate range mentioned in those studies. @ather 

@itsfi  I like the way you think! @missjeanie  did you pick up the Fenty??? 

@ather It was in my cart until about 15 minutes ago.  I still have five or six unopened lip masks... and lord knows how many open ones.  I need to be realistic about what I'll use.  I'm sure they'll do another set again!

@missjeanie  That’s good reasoning! I don’t need any lip masks. But I don’t have a ton of lip oils so I might just pick up the SF one! But wait till the sale 😜

"But wait till the sale" ~ I have a feeling that will be the approach many of us will be taking this year @ather @missjeanie I have gift cards and rouge rewards I'm holding onto for a little longer (yes, 2 days into the new year is long in the sense that "a little longer" fits - hahaha!), but am going to find bliss in shopping my stash and using what I have ... along with the other things I may have picked up at the very end of 2023. 🤣

@itsfi  I think waiting for the sale is a great approach 🤪 Shopping your stash is fun! I love finding old favs! It’s sometimes better than finding a new one!!! Also @missjeanie i saw that Summer Fridays released a launch date for the lip oils January 18 😍 I saw the colours too!! They look so pretty!!! 

@ather perfect amount of time to see if they get rave reviews before spring sales!!

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos339
  • IMG_6047.gif
  • IMG_6046.gif
  • 20231201_172820.jpg
  • thumbnail.jpg
  • Skin Helpers
  • IMG_0003.jpeg
  • IMG_0006.jpeg
  • IMG_7060.jpeg
  • GWP. The mirror’s bigger than expected but I like it anyway.
  • Because I really needed MORE lipstick, yep, uh-huh… sigh…
  • BECAUSE I REALLY NEEDED MORE LIPSTICK…
  • GWP. Also shown: the sample card of Colorfix shades that came with my Danessa Myricks order. Those will be handy for travel.
  • Linda Hallberg makes good liners.
  • Okay so, *technically* this isn’t lipstick per say. :D
  • Risha’s tip broke mid-swatch, hence the mess.
testing