Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Day 1- Louis Vuitton rose des vents. Water and rose. Quite mainstream but I love it. 

I tried Sรญ today. It was very floral at first, and then became quite fruity. I thought I might like it, then it started to smell like my old Strawberry Shortcake doll when I was a kid (ie: plastic). Now hours later, all I smell is a vaguely sweet, powdery fragrance. Not a huge fan. 

Today I wore Sultry Rose by EB Florals (available at Saks). A stunning scent with a deep, rich, rose tone and it had staying power on me, which the other scents in the line don't so much. I loved it.

Oh I was curious about that line. Love a good rose ๐Ÿ˜.

@triestobeclassy

Oh it's a great line! it just launched last year I believe so it is quite small but the scents and candles are stunning. The sultry Rose and Lavender are my faves. if you're in Toronto perchance, I can give you my SA's info, as she is the brand rep for EB Florals. ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 1 : Miu Miu .

Love the staying power. 

We woke up embarassingly late today, so I reached for something familiar, and that's a no brainer for me!

Day 1: Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford. LOVE! The tobacco is soft, and the Vanilla balances it out really well. On my skin, there's definitely a slight cinnamony spice as well :).

I'm jumping on board since I did this accidentally today anyway!

Decided to give CK's Euphoria another shot. Asked my girlfriend what she thinks of the smell and she said, "it reminds me of my granny." Gonna have to say, there's a reason this is on the back shelf for me.

Anonymous Insider

Day

1- Louboutin Tornade Blonde

Day 1: Cartier Baiser Vole

I rarely wear this because it's so heavy. I forgot how nicely this dries down on me, powdery and green. 

Love this challenge! I want to work my way through my tons of sample vials! This morning I put a bunch of then into a drawstring bag and chose at random.

Day 1: Roses de Chloe

Love this scent. Already have the full size. 

Day 1: Alien by Thierry Mugler. 

I've never worn this one before, but I have a sample of it so I decided to try it. It's nice, but probably not one I will be reaching for a lot or buying. A little too powdery for me I think? I can't quite put my finger on it. 

My all time favorite perfume! I love to layer it with TokyoMilk Dark Tainted Love. 

Yeah.. Now that I've had it on for a bit it's growing on me. I might need to give it another go. I haven't tried any of the TokyoMilk perfumes, but I've heard good things!

I love tokyomilk dark perfumes!  Tainted love and Everything and nothing are my faves so far. though I haven't checked out many of their other scents. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

i love almost the entire line @WhereYouStand! i think bittersweet and bulletproof are my favorite. i also like some of the toykomilk light scents as well, awaken within is my favorite because it's not a heavy floral. 

I have been binge-purchasing fragrance samples and sample sets, so I will be trying one or two new scents every day ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 1: Neela Vermeire Trayee. Smoky spicy green & lightly camphorous incense opening, followed by a warm medley of jasmine, vanilla, amber, sandalwood and many other notes that I have a hard time disentangling. So good.

Now this I can do and actually stick to! I have so many to try. I keep all my samples in this antique glass container. It's kind of like a candy ๐Ÿญ dish, I'm excited! 

IMG_4293.JPG

Started at midnight, I rang in the new year with YSL Black Opium ๐Ÿ˜Š

Gorgeous storage!  I have my samples in an empty spaghetti sauce container - this is so much prettier!  

This is way classier than the old pimiento jar I store mine in! What a cool container.

Black Opium is one of my faves. I have it in a travel spray, but I also hoard sample vials so I can take it with me on trips and stuff. 

1 Reply
testing