Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

I think that i'll join in, I don't think that I can manage every day but i'll do my best. I'll gather my vials in a bit, I have too many and they need to get used.

Yes! I wanna do this, all these challenges are helping me to love and use my stash. I think this will be harder than the lipsticks for me though, I go through fragrance obsessions where I'll continuously wear a scent for a week and still not get tired of it. But I have so many and they do deserve a proper rotation 😉

YAS!! I am so excited for this challenge! I have a bunch of samples laying around so this will be perf!! Now I have a reason to use them all! Awesome idea! 

I don't wear much perfume when I am going out but I have plenty,so I'll do this even if I just wear them at home.It's a good way to use some up/try some from my stash. 

I got a bunch of new scents from The Perfume Court and still haven't tried/smelled them all... Maybe I need to join this challenge?!? 😄

Yes, @veronika23! I'd love to hear your thoughts of your new perfumes! 

I guess all I can say is that I'll try my best to do this @txcatx

This is great, @txcatx! I'm having a lot of fun with the lipstick challenge so I am happy to participate in this one, also. I won't make a list ahead of time but I think I will put aside a group to choose from for the month so I can make sure I at least *like* all of them. It sounds dumb but I tend to get super-crabby if I'm wearing perfume that I don't like, and I don't need to be any crabbier than I normally am ;)!

Congrats to everyone taking on this challenge!!

I would have loved to join, but I cannot wear perfume due to migraines 😞

I am excited to read all your upcoming comments and discussion tho. 😄 😄 😄

I can empathize, @Insomniacmuffin!  Over the years, I've been able to narrow down the ingredients that are migraine triggers.  I still have a long way to go though!  For example, vanilla is a real killer for me and it's in everything (loosely speaking)!  So I don't even bother to consider selecting a sample of a scent that has vanilla in it.

@Insomniacmuffin  all scents? 😞  Most will give me a headache/migraine but a select few I can wear without problem.  I find the perfumes you can find just about anywhere are the ones that cause the problems... you know the typical stuff.

Oooooh I'm intrigued! I think I have enough perfumes/samples for this lol.

Yay! Awesome writeup, @txcatx!! At this point I can easily do 100 days of perfume lol. I won't make a perfume list before starting, but will wear something different everyday. This is going to be fun 😆

This will definitely be fun! I did recently go through and got rid of a bunch of sample perfumes. But I also definitely have more than enough for this challenge, lol.

Excited about another challenge!!! I have way too many perfumes Looking at my spreadsheet its in the mid 3 digits so I should have not problem picking 31.

Yay! People are interested!

I've been going through my stash finding scents I think I'll be able to tolerate (the ones in the box). This is great for tossing ones I'll never use.

IMG_8009.JPG

Ha, I'm checking out your rejects and feeling like we may have the same taste in perfume.  I like sweet and rosey scents.  

I only wish my five Chloe vials were Roses de Chloe instead. Unfortunately, I only have one vial of Roses de Chloe. 😢

I did set aside at least two vials of Chloe to try to finish next month. 

I think the piece about finding scents I'm able to tolerate is key @txcatx. I think this is part of my problem.  I'm super picky about scents so when I like something I tend to just go with it and apply it every single day.  This will be a good challenge for me to actually even smell all the vials in my stash.

Definitely, @kelloua! I hate overly floral scents and anything musky or amber, so I probably won't have 31 perfumes. My goal is just to use many of the vials I have next month. I keep thinking I'll save these vials for travel, but I end up packing rollerballs I've purchased.

I love it!!! ❤️

4 Replies
testing