Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Sorry you didn't like this one! I haven't tried it, but I assume the lemon would quickly be overpowered by all of those florals!

The description from the site makes it sound very romantic though 🙂

Sorry this one sucked so hard, though your description was fantastic.

Day 2-- Elizabeth and James black... this isn't for me.  I didn't hate it, but I'll pass the mini roller ball along to someone who'll love it.  I'm not sure exactly what I didn't like... just didn't. 

Do you generally like E&J fragrances @missjeanie?  I have a bunch set aside for this challenge because I have so many samples, but so far they are not doing much for me.

Day 2: Nest Citrine

Ok this one is a winner. It's so light and sweet, not one of those where you smell it all day long but instead occasionally get a nice whiff of sweetness.

Day 2 for me: Trouble in Heaven by Louboutin. Aside from the hideously cheesy name, the scent is quite nice. The amber stood out for me most while I wore it;  it's deep and sultry with good staying power on me.

Verdict: I wouldn't purchase a full size of it.

I didn't find any of the Louboutin fragrances to be worth the price!

Day 2: Derek Lam 10 Crosby 2am Kiss (sample vial)

I really like the opening caramel note but I wish the caramel lasted a little longer. It's a very straight forward amber scent on the dry down and has lasted 10+ hours.

Spoiler
Day 1: Philosophy Fresh Cream (body spray)
Anonymous Insider

Day 2 Givenchy Dahlia Divin

Day 2: MMM By the Fire.

Guys, I love this so much. so cozy!

Spoiler
Day 1: Roses de Chloe

I know I'm in the minority, but most MMM fragrances don't appeal to me. But I really love by the fire!

I LOVE this fragrance!

One of my favorites @StephaniLynn!

@Libellules It goes on my list to purchase. I wish they had a travel size/purse spray of it:/

Day 2: 

#1 Neela Vermeire Bombay Bling: The opening is sharp and fruity (mango, blackcurrant), the heart is an indolic/tropical mix of white flowers with lots of ylang ylang. Over time it turns into buttery, sandalwoodsy vanilla.

Spoiler
Notes listed:

TOP NOTES

MANGO, LYCHEE, BLACKCURRANT,
CARDAMOM, CUMIN, CISTUS

HEART NOTES

ROSE ACCORD, TURKISH ROSE,  JASMINE SAMBAC ABSOLUTE, MADAGASCAR YLANG-YLANG,

WHITE FLORAL ACCORD OF TUBEROSE, FRANGIPANI, GARDENIA

BASE NOTES

PATCHOULI, TOBACCO, WHITE WOODS, SANDALWOOD, CEDAR, VANILLA

#2 Neela Vermeire Pichola: a radiant white flower perfume that has a spicy opening. The heart is a pretty & clean mix of white flowers centered on orange blossoms. It's not a dirty indolic white flower bomb, but it's not a pale soapy one either.

Spoiler
Notes Listed:

TOP NOTES

CARDAMOM, CINNAMON, SAFFRON, JUNIPER, MAGNOLIA, NEROLI OIL, CLEMENTINE, BERGAMOT

HEART NOTES

ORANGE BLOSSOM ABSOLUTE, ROSE ABSOLUTE, TUBEROSE ABSOLUTE, JASMINE SAMBAC,

YLANG-YLANG 

BASE NOTES

BENZOIN ABSOLUTE, SANDALWOOD, DRIFTWOOD, VETIVER FROM HAITI

Spoiler
Day 1: Neela Vermeire Trayee

I tried D&G Light Blue today. It started out with a very strong grapefruit note, but dried down to smell a bit musty, like when you open a drawer with really old wool sweaters in it.  

I totally agree with you about Light Blue. I used to LOVE it, but I've grown very tired of it. Interestingly, the cologne version is one of my favorite scents on a guy, though. 

Checking in for Day 2!

I tried out Moschino Fresh Couture and it was a nice clean fragrance. It didn't last very long but clean smells don't last that long on me anyway. I do better with floral or musky scents. It was nice and the full sized bottle looks adorable but I'm not sure if I'd buy it just yet. Maybe towards the summer I'll like it better lol. 

http://www.sephora.com/moschino-fresh-couture-P411031?skuId=1865070&icid2=moschino_fromthebrand_us_c...

If someone likes this fragrance (Moschino Fresh) my SiJCP had it on Clearance.  (saving $$$ is good!) 

Day 2: Jour d'Hermes

I am not sure of the exact notes. Floral with some creamy wood in the background. Elegant and pleasant but not all that unusual. Thanks to this thread I finally got around to trying a deluxe size dabber I have had for ages! I am interested in trying the absolu version now. 

I wore Atelier Rose Anonyme for my mid-day lunch date with the hubs!  LOVE this scent so much!

I am never running out since I own FS, Mini Spray and 6 (which totals 1.50 oz) DS bottles. Obsessed!

Top Notes: Calabrian bergamot, Chinese ginger, Turkish rose essence
Heart Notes: Turkish rose absolute, Somalian incense, Oud
Base notes: Indonesian patchouli, Indian papyrus, Laotian benzoin

PERFUME1.jpg

Spoiler
1- Atelier Gold Leather
2- Atelier Rose Anonyme
17 Replies
testing