Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Day 4: Stella Pop

i got this because Kathleen Lights said it smelled like Barbies,lol.  It smells young and sweet but I don't smell barbies(I must make a point of stealthfully smelling some Barbies next time I'm at a toy store just to be sure.  The scent is light enough that it would make a good hair mist but it doesn't last on the skin more than two hours.

Like Barbies in a good way...? That's an odd way to describe something. Maybe she means the sentiment behind Barbies, not a literal Barbie doll haha. 

It intrigued me enough to get a rollerball to see if I would have a childhood flashback.  😄  I'm thinking she must've had some sweet smelling hand cream or body lotion that she wore while playing with barbies.  The scent seems young enough to start a 10-12 year old into perfume.  

Anonymous Insider

I got this as a sample in my Play Box.  I didn't think I'd like it but it didn't overly offend me, was in a hurry and grabbed it, sprayed as I was running out the door. Each one of my kids at school was in love with it!  I caught one of my boys sniffing my hair..lol!  I'm actually going to buy a full size because all of my naughtiest turned into angels and made the day so much easier!

This is 2 days because yesterday I didn't wear any perfume.  I cooked and got my favorite smell all over me!  GARLIC!!!!!

Notes: Freshly peeled, Sauteeing with Sofrito, Simmering in Shrimp Creole Tomato Sauce, Happy

PERFUME.png

Day 4:  This is my 'everyday' perfume.  Balenciaga Florabotanica.  When I first started wearing it the smell reminded me of RAID (roach spray!!!)  hahahahah! Maybe a month later it finally settled....it is Divine!!!!! I just bought another last week.

Notes: Carnation, Wild Mint, Turkish Rose Essence, Hemp Leaves, Vetiver Roots, White Amber.

Style: Beautiful. Dangerous. Rare.

PERFUME3.jpg

Spoiler
1. Atelier Gold Leather
2. Atelier Rose Anonyme
3. Fresh Garlic!
4. Balenciaga Florabotanica

Oh yesss! I feel the same way when I cook steak in butter and get the smell all over myself.

Yesssssss!   I love all cooking smells except when I fry foods!  hahah! 

Fried foods are so good so I do it once in a while.

I, too, enjoy being doused in the smell of garlic. 😉

Florabotanica is my number 1. I just bought my second bottle - this time I went for the 3.4 oz. It is the ONLY scent that truly lasts all day on me.

And of course I love garlic - I'm Italian - we love our garlic!!!!!!!!

Nice to see another Florabotanica lover!  

Lol! This is great! And! I so agree with the first part of your post! Love garlic!!! 😄

The garlic post killed me hahahahahhahahah the notes lmao. 

But this perfume sounds divine for real! 

Soooo, dramatic! lol!!! ;')

It was funny lol 😄 Sauteed Garlic YUM lol

Day 3-- Marc jacobs decadence-- a bit too heavy for me. Very perfumey... lol I know that doesn't say a lot but it makes me think of older perfumes from my moms Avon days?

day 4-- miu miu.... I really like this! Light, clean with a subtle floral.  I've been looking at this bottle thinking I like the bottle itself, so this goes onto my perfumes to love list! 

This is 2/4 days I've found great perfumes already!

I have the Decadence (and the newer version) in a rollerball and dabber bottle respectively. I like the scent but also find it a bit heavy. I find that rolling/dabbing it on makes it more bearable!

Day 4:  Elizabeth & James - Nirvana Bourbon

This is the first scent by this brand that I like.

Notes:  Vanilla Bourbon, Oakwood, Tuberose

Compiled:

Spoiler

Day 3:  YSL - Black Opium
Day 2:  Pacifica - Tunisian Jasmine Lime

Day 1:  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume

Gotta go through my samples to see if I have this one. I've actually never encountered anything I like from this brand, either. But... Those notes actually sound interesting.

Day 4: Heavenly by Victoria's Secret. Notes of white musk, sandalwood, white peony, vanilla. I have loved this for a long time, it is a comforting fragrance for me. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

This is one of my favs!  I have backups of backups, mini bottle (I collect minis) body lotion and spray and a million vials in my purse!

Day 4: Armani Prive Rose Alexander EDT sample vial: Very disappointed! I can't detect the rose at all nor it lasts! 

9 Replies
testing