Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Virtual Masterclass Thread

Thank you to @RAWRitsRED for suggesting that there should be a thread for this. I have changed the title so that we can post any virtual masterclasses on here so people can register. 

A1F93164-AAC2-43CD-9B9F-D5543FF4ED94.jpeg

https://www.sephora-events.com/?%24web_only=true&om_mmc=ret-us_news1_1eb6b917-2b7b-4130-845d-d538b6b...

Re: Virtual Masterclass Thread

@eshoe The packages I have been sending out have been arriving fast up until this last week.

Did you get the link for the Dior event, @SportyGirly125? I just received it today.

@eshoe I got it yesterday morning.

Kilian has rescheduled their class for Nov. 16th. I know I was supposed to tag someone here who was interestedโ€ฆ @Ispend2much6 maybe? @SportyGirly125 

โ€œI am inviting you to our Kilian Holiday virtual event happening on Tuesday,  November 16th from 5pm-6pm EST.

Please read invite & rsvp to reserve your spot.

This will be an amazing event where you can here from our creative director himself what is in store for the holidays & more.

We will offer complimentary deluxe samples with all orders and complimentary engraving on site with all pre orders too.โ€

8AC18901-C167-43DA-89A1-B01E82F8AAD0.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@eshoe @blackkitty2014   I forgot to attend!  I signed up but had a rough night and slept a good bit of the day.  Was there a code to use to get the samples with any order? Thank you!!!

(So sorry you had a rough night @Ispend2much6 ๐Ÿ˜ข and hope youโ€™re doing better today. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’ž)

@Sunnysmom  Aww, thanks!  I am getting better; just one of those things.

Good @Ispend2much6 , I get it! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@Sunnysmom  I wish I did lol.

Well that is true @Ispend2much6 , I guess I wish I did too! ๐Ÿ˜ญYouโ€™re right! 

@Ispend2much6 @SportyGirly125 @blackkitty2014 I have no idea about the samples; I did not receive any, nor did I receive a code, and I had been in contact with Michael since the first event was cancelled ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

It was very intimate and for someone who is a Kilian fan, would have been way more appreciated than I could have. Meaning it seemed like a group of friends who were casually discussing the finer points of all things olfactory on a deeper level. If they have another one, @pocketvenus and @Sunnysmom, I think you would highly enjoy it! 

I had some work stuff come up too and missed it. I love Kilian fragrance! Love Donโ€™t be Shy was my first high end fragrance and itโ€™s still a staple, i.e. one I have repurchased (and the flanker eau fraiche version) I am a sucker for the Kilian sampler sets! I had a lovely SA in Chicago at Saks and used to see her once or twice a year when I was traveling. She would send me tons of samples too, but sheโ€™s moved to a different line now and of course, Iโ€™m not traveling now for a while. I did a blind buy of Voulez Vous Couchez Alec Moi, which wasnโ€™t actually my favorite, so no more blind buys for me! 

Anyway, I am sorry to miss it, sounds awesome! @eshoe 

Blind buys of anything beauty related is especially challenging, @sister13. I have done it based on description alone, and in most cases, donโ€™t mind the fragrance but donโ€™t love it, either. It is definitely not an easy thing to do.

Yes, exactly @eshoe ! Donโ€™t mind it, but donโ€™t LOVE it!

@eshoe Wow, from the comments, it sounds kind of insider baseball and right up my alley. Perfume people can get very intense! I hope Kilian was as gracious as he always seems to be in interviews ๐Ÿ™‚ I'd love to hear more from him sometime about all kinds of things. Like what operations were like after being acquired by E Lauder, why the house axed certain scents, which ones does he miss the most, are there any rejected formulas he hopes will see the light of day, are they using AI, what inspires him to create new scents so on and so forth!

Oh @pocketvenus I do believe they were discussing AI at some point. Based on what you just shared, yesโ€ฆyou would have loved it. There was much discussion about inspiration, collabs with other artists, etc, he obviously takes it very seriously. The way he talked about specific scents, and everything surrounding them, it was very clear that it is his life! I hope they have another one soon so you can join in, it sounds right up your alley๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe Ahhhh, thank you, I hope so too! It would be nice if @TeamBIC recorded some of these discussions โค๏ธ

@pocketvenus sorry I did not specify, it was not a BIC event. It was a Zoom call and I would absolutely HOPE that they recorded it, as I need to rewatch it to catch everything I missed!

I had signed up for it @eshoe but had an appointment pop up so I couldnโ€™t attend. It sounds like it was interesting and Iโ€™m sure I would have learned a lot as my fragrance knowledge is pretty limited other than some of your criteria as well! ๐Ÿ˜Š My first initial reaction is usually the best and most accurate I find! Is it an ahh or a headache?! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh yes, I forgot about the headache criteria, @Sunnysmom  ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@Ispend2much6 @blackkitty2014 @eshoe  I only stayed for half the event.  To be honest I felt so lost since I am not a fragrance junkie.  Only 40 or so people attended.  I did learn that it is normal for the color in the fragrance to change and it doesn't affect the quality of the fragrance.  They did live Q and A with the audience which I found fun.  I wonder if they talked about the samples at the end.  I didn't get a followup email about it.

2 Replies
testing