Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Virtual Masterclass Thread

Thank you to @RAWRitsRED for suggesting that there should be a thread for this. I have changed the title so that we can post any virtual masterclasses on here so people can register. 

A1F93164-AAC2-43CD-9B9F-D5543FF4ED94.jpeg

https://www.sephora-events.com/?%24web_only=true&om_mmc=ret-us_news1_1eb6b917-2b7b-4130-845d-d538b6b...

Re: Virtual Masterclass Thread

Oh no, let me know if you need the link to view when you have time, @RAWRitsRED . It was an EXCELLENT masterclass. Fingers crossed for your internship.

@haleyvvvv I sent the link to @RAWRitsRED 

Awesome!! Thank you, @SportyGirly125 !!

@haleyvvvv I already got the link but thank you!

And I got my internship!  Super excited to be working as an artist liaison for iVoted Concerts for the next few months💓It's said to be the biggest concert of the year and the first virtual concert of its kind!

Yay on both accounts, @RAWRitsRED !! Congrats on the internship!!

@haleyvvvv  Thank you!

@RAWRitsRED Congrats on your internship

@SportyGirly125  Thank you!

@itsfi @lmaster @eshoe Sending you all the link for the Glow Recipe masterclass yesterday in case you wanted to watch.  They talk about the new Plum Plump serum.

🥰👍🏼 @SportyGirly125, I watched it last night and then the younger set wanted to see it so we revisited it tonight. Looking forward to trying the new Plum, we are both already fans of the Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and others. 

@eshoe so cute.  I can't wait to do those things with my mini.

It’s the best, @SportyGirly125. Just to note, we made it about 12.5 minutes in before she asked if she was required to watch the entire call😉 BUT she did learn a few things, it just comes in small bites.

@SportyGirly125, thank you hon! 🤗 I wanted to take part in that masterclass but had a work deadline that day. Passed on the PMG one today because I thought I’d be too tired. Both looked so good. I may make attending a virtual masterclass a goal for this month. 

@itsfi I just wrote some notes on the PMG class today if you want to take a look.  I have been doing masterclasses weekly from different brands and love watching them on my breaks.

How fun @SportyGirly125! Love that you are doing weekly masterclasses! ♥️♥️♥️

Velour Lashes x Sephora Canada Virtual Event

They answered two of my questions live! Thought I’d share my notes from the event yesterday. Mabel was very upfront about not being a makeup artist, but instead built her brand out of the passion she had for false eyelashes. She also told her story of selling her false lashes at IMATS to Pat McGrath (unbeknownst to her at the time) for $50 each!

• CEO Mabel Lee’s favourite lash style is Velour Lashes Effortless - No Trim - Natural Lash Collection Would I Lie? 
  • The mink lashes are made from shed mink fur and are cruelty free
  • Cleaning the lashes
    • Ideally reuse 3-4 times before cleaning
    • Use oil free makeup remover or micellar water
    • Do not over-pick the glue, as this can lead to damaging the glue that holds the band together
    • When using the Velour Lashes Lash & Go- Eyeliner and Lash Adhesive Hybrid Black (not waterproof), you should not see lash glue buildup on the lash
  • For big eyes, there are two lash styles that Mabel Lee recommends depending on the effect you’re trying to achieve: 1) a winged lash to elongate your eyes or 2) a round lash to accentuate your eyes
  • Sometimes when using a very thin plastic band, it may be difficult to get the lashes to follow the curve of the lid and may cause the lashes to look uneven. Mabel recommends toggling the band or cutting the band into 3 sections, then applying so that they don’t move
  • Mabel doesn’t think you necessarily need to apply mascara when wearing falsies, but if you choose to, always curl and apply mascara before falsies so that you don’t get product on the lashes. Using the Velour Lashes Too Easy Lash Applicator , you can use the comb end to comb your natural lash into the false eyelash
  • Similarly, apply makeup setting spray before false lashes so that you don't get any of the spray on the lashes
  • Velour Lashes Fluff'n Brow Pencil - 3-in-1 Brow Pencil and Balm Ebony (New!)
    • Outline the top and bottom of your brow with the pointy end of the product to get the brow shape, then use the balm end to provide texture over the hairs
    • The balm’s pigmented wax is for your natural brows (not necessarily for the skin, but you can opt to apply it there if you wish)
    • There’s the option of creating an ombré  in your brow, for example, using a taupe shade in the inner brow and a brown in the tail
    • For redheads, if matching brow colour with hair colour, the skin underneath your brows may look a bit red so a tip would be to try a warmer shade for your brows
  • New releases?!?! 
    • Something in the colour category surrounding the eyes! Coming fall/Christmas!

@Guessgal , thanks for the notes!  Those tips will definitely help with the Velour Lashes Fluff'n Brow Pencil - 3-in-1 Brow Pencil and Balm Dark Brown 

Yaaay! Glad you found it useful, @danielledanielle while posting, I was thinking to myself: heck, if no one reads it, at least I'll have a digital copy of my notes to reference in the future haha 😅

@Guessgal Heh, well I'm sure I'm not the only one!  But yes, having a copy for yourself is great.

Also I totally followed the tips today and got a few compliments, so thanks again👌🏽👍🏽

Thank you for sharing your amazing notes, @Guessgal!  I've heard of people who cut their falsies before applying them but never tried that myself.  I'll have to try that next time!

@RAWRitsRED @danielledanielle @SportyGirly125 Yes, I’ve cut mine at the outer corner if they’re exceptionally long, but never tried cutting them into 3 sections to fit my eye shape. Will try it out!

Side note/off topic: I have no idea how ppl manage to apply the tiny 3 strand falsies bunches that are sold in a pack at the drugstore; they fall off or flip downward for me. Have you guys had luck with this or know what I’m talking about?

testing