Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

The Palette Tag

Hi BIC Babes! It’s been a while since we’ve done a tag thread, and I saw this one going around YouTube recently so I figured why not carry it over here? I believe Allie Glines and Samantha March started it, but other categories have been added since their original videos. Looking forward to seeing your answers! Always love getting glimpses into everyone’s collections. Going to tag a few people to get this started, please feel free to tag other members too!

Newest: Divine Rose 2- Pat McGrath

Oldest: Chocolate Bar - Too Faced

Most Expensive: From the sticker price alone-Natasha Denona

Most Affordable: Carli Bybel x BH Cosmetics

Everyday: Sultry - Anastasia Beverly Hills

Most Colorful: Saint and Sinner - KVD

Smallest: Dior quint GWP

Biggest: Too Faced Anniversary Palette

Best Memory: Lila - Natasha Denona. This was a gift from the amazing @Tamara76 from the first Sephoria!

Worth the Hype: Mothership Palettes

Not Worth the Hype: Tati Cosmetics Volume 1

Favorite Palette From a Favorite Brand: Bronze Seduction- Pat McGrath

Most Used: Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar - Too Faced

Least Used: Jean-Michel Basquiat - Urban Decay and Disney x Besame Cosmetics (These are untouched and are for decoration only lol)

Best Packaging: The famous Teddy Bear Palette From the Moschino x Sephora Collection

Worst Packaging: Modern Renaissance- Anastasia Beverly Hills (I get so anxious about keeping it clean!)

Limited Edition Favorite: Master Palette by Mario x Anastasia Beverly Hills

OG Favorite: Smokey Eyes - Too Faced

Travel Essential: Natasha Denona Minis 33ECE371-629D-4729-9A6F-45F162FC8DC8.jpeg@darkiceis @sister13 @michelleshops @fatimamummy @heartsmyface @PaletteAddict99 @2manyperfumes @idanyd 

Re: The Palette Tag

Great list, @angel7594!! The JA palette is amazing, and so lovely that you were gifted the Bobbi Brown palette!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv !! ❤️

I was hoping to avoid repeats, but my collection isn't big enough!

Newest: ND Safari

Oldest: ABH Modern Renaissance (that I still own)

Most Expensive: All of my large ND palettes (thankfully I bought them all either on sale or with Rouge Rewards)

Most Affordable: Juvia's Place Nubian 2

Everyday: ND Biba

Most Colorful: Urban Decay Born to Run

Smallest: ND Mini Lila, Mini Gold, Mini Glam

Biggest: ND Biba, Gold, and Safari

Best Memory: ND Gold was my first palette of hers, and I had that lightbulb moment of, "OHHHHHHHHH now I get it!" A love affair was born. 

Worth the Hype: ND Biba and Sunrise

Not Worth the Hype: Not sure it was hyped, but Kevyn Aucoin NudePOP wasn't worth its price tag. And at first I thought Tarte In Bloom was worthwhile, but then I bought my first truly high-end palette and realized that it just couldn't compare.

Favorite Palette From a Favorite Brand: ND Biba

Most Used: ND Biba

Least Used: Nubian 2

Best Packaging: ND Sunrise for utility, PMG Subliminal Bronze for aesthetic

Worst Packaging: ABH Modern Renaissance and Soft Glam

OG Favorite: UD Naked2 (decluttered many moons ago, RIP)

Travel Essential: ND Mini Glam

Lovely list, @tastelikewater!! So much ND love. Its great you found a brand that works so well for you!!

So much love for ND @tastelikewater  😄 She has so many hits.  Love it!

@angelKiss24 I can't help myself! Out of all the brands I've tried (including Mother), ND just works best for me. And now, instead of having lots of palettes from other brands, I save my coins and splurge on her stuff when it catches my eye. Have to decide between the Love and Bronze palettes next 😍

Looks like you have a lovely collection that you get a lot of use out of @tastelikewater ! Those are all great picks. 

Some of these palettes do fit in more than one category, but I tried not to add any repeats. Photos taken with flash. Here’s my list! @Mcakes 

Newest:
 Stila Blue Realm Eyeshadow Palette - bought this in Feb so that means I haven’t ordered a palette in 4 months 😯

Oldest: UD Naked original (high end) Maybelline Enchanted Forest (drugstore)

Most Expensive: Natasha Denona Sunset Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Sunset Eyeshadow Palette

Most Affordable: Natasha Denona Mini Lila Eyeshadow Palette 5 x 0.028 oz/ 0.8 g

Everyday: I don’t wear eyeshadow everyday, only mascara daily, but I’d say I wear Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette's mauve shades most for a casual, day-to-day look

Most Colourful: UD Electric

Smallest: Dior 381 Smoky Blue

Biggest: KVD Star Studded palette - this used to be the palette that I’d deem to have the best packaging back in the day before PMG hit my world 😛 and I remember being super thrilled when I bought it! Sadly, I came to realize that Star Studded’s colour story seemed to be in a disarray to me so I felt I didn’t gravitate towards it much

Best Memory: URBAN DECAY - Naked Cherry Eyeshadow Palette I received this palette at the Naked Cherry launch party via BIC. This palette and the event marks my very first trip to LA and it’s also where I met @JeffreyBD, @MyieshaBD, and @ZombieMetroAnt 🤗 Brings back very fond memories

Worth the Hype: all my PMG palettes (Subliminal Dark Star, La Vie en Rose, Sublime Bronze Temptation, Bronze Ambition, Platinum Bronze)

Not Worth the Hype: KVD Sinner

Favourite Palette From a Favourite Brand: this was a tough one 🤔 I don’t think I have a favourite brand per se, but I absolutely adore Morphe 3502 Second Nature (gratis from @TeamBIC ❤️). It’s so pigmented and I typically wear the orange tones all summer long!

Most Used: tarte Tartelette™ In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette 12 x 0.053 oz/ 1.5 g

Least Used: ABH Sultry

Best Packaging: House of Lashes x Sephora Collection

Worst Packaging: anything with suede like UD Naked original or ABH MR. I used to keep the UD in its box, but I tossed the box maybe 2 years ago so it could fit in my palette organizer. Boy, was that a mistake. It’s gotten annoyingly dusty ever since 🤦🏼‍♀️

Limited Edition Favourite: Natasha Denona Joya

OG Favourite: Fem Rosa - Karrueche x Colourpop

Travel Essential: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstars On the Go in Eve631E86AB-23DD-4A3A-9CB0-98FB7E60CAED.jpeg

CF6A4773-2348-4813-AF56-FD5B95538CA7.jpeg

RE: Re: The Palette Tag

Great palettes @Guessgal ❤️ the smoky cool toned one is stunning (first photo)

Re: RE: Re: The Palette Tag

Thank you @2manyperfumes, I can see why you're drawn to that one. You look great in purples and greys! I recall from your looks in the 100 day eyeshadow challenge 😉 Also!! Did you just become a Boss babe?!?!? Congrats on the level-up!! 💗🙌

So many beautiful palettes @Guessgal .  I love looking at other people's palette collections 

Awww thank you @angelKiss24 😊 I love marvelling at everyone’s collections too! It’s fun to see the different preferences we have and which ones we reach for most! 

Aww what a sweet palette memory @Guessgal Heart ! I remember looking at pictures from that event and was blown away 😮 Didn't you guys get custom denim jackets too?!

Yes! I had the time of my life! The Levi's denim jackets were such an expected touch. I'm scared to wash it since the cherry design is heat pressed on so I only wear it for super short errands^^ @Mcakes 

Great palettes, @Guessgal!! Your fave memory is so nice. And your PMG collection!! 🤩

Thank you @haleyvvvv I actually bought 4 of the 5 PMG palettes around the same time last year 😅

Same, @Guessgal, I think they went on sale and I grabbed so many of them!

Yes!! I'm just missing Metalmorphosis, I think. Neither it nor Dark Star went on sale in Canada. Although I bought Dark Star at full price a long while ago so it's been "my precious!" @haleyvvvv 

IMG_20200619_161259.jpg

Newest: Technically the Sephora Clean that was in the recent gratis, but that might be cheating so the last one I paid for was the PMG 

Oldest: The original UD Naked

Most Expensive:  Honestly can't recall, but even the luxe brands were bought on sale

Most Affordable:  the ELF Holiday palette

Everyday: TF Natural Eyes

Most Colorful: Possibly the Elf but the payoff is terrible so I'll go with UD Spectrum

Smallest: the Huda

Biggest: the Elf (just obnoxiously large, why did I buy this?)

Best Memory: UD Smoked. This was my third non-drugstore palette purchase and made me feel like such an adult for owning three whole palettes LOL

Worth the Hype: LORAC MegaPro 

Not Worth the Hype: Viseart

Favorite Palette From a Favorite Brand: TF Chocolate Gold

Most Used: UD Naked (orginal) 

Least Used: TF Chocolate Bar

Best Packaging: the TF metal tins

Worst Packaging: the LORAC, a little unwieldy plus look at how dirty it gets!

Limited Edition Favorite: TF Christmas in NYC

OG Favorite: Naked 1 (forever and ever)

Travel Essential: TF Boudoir Eyes

Ok.  This thread makes me want to purchase several palettes.   This a great collection.  I love it!

RE: Re: The Palette Tag

Oops! Did t mean to reply to your reply!! Sorry!
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • 33ECE371-629D-4729-9A6F-45F162FC8DC8.jpeg
  • Game 1.jpg
  • Game 2.jpg
  • CF065E91-DFC9-4366-BDA5-3B0695011C51.jpeg
  • Palette collection.jpg
  • Black dots are ones that have been used for palette of the week or more. White dots are more unexplored (maybe only used one or swatched.
  • Used for palette of the week project.
  • Not really explored much yet.
  • E96C4DE6-148C-428D-ABDB-A6DF4EF8A535.jpeg
  • 1546C255-C6F1-4C77-8D0F-09FA9FFF7BD0.jpeg
  • 960D2D26-7EBF-45B1-B414-BD81597A46B3.jpeg
  • IMG_20200619_161259.jpg
  • 631E86AB-23DD-4A3A-9CB0-98FB7E60CAED.jpeg
  • CF6A4773-2348-4813-AF56-FD5B95538CA7.jpeg
  • 9F083833-3F5D-4A58-B614-CB9C4FE82BEB.jpeg
testing