Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

The Palette Tag

Hi BIC Babes! Itโ€™s been a while since weโ€™ve done a tag thread, and I saw this one going around YouTube recently so I figured why not carry it over here? I believe Allie Glines and Samantha March started it, but other categories have been added since their original videos. Looking forward to seeing your answers! Always love getting glimpses into everyoneโ€™s collections. Going to tag a few people to get this started, please feel free to tag other members too!

Newest: Divine Rose 2- Pat McGrath

Oldest: Chocolate Bar - Too Faced

Most Expensive: From the sticker price alone-Natasha Denona

Most Affordable: Carli Bybel x BH Cosmetics

Everyday: Sultry - Anastasia Beverly Hills

Most Colorful: Saint and Sinner - KVD

Smallest: Dior quint GWP

Biggest: Too Faced Anniversary Palette

Best Memory: Lila - Natasha Denona. This was a gift from the amazing @Tamara76 from the first Sephoria!

Worth the Hype: Mothership Palettes

Not Worth the Hype: Tati Cosmetics Volume 1

Favorite Palette From a Favorite Brand: Bronze Seduction- Pat McGrath

Most Used: Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar - Too Faced

Least Used: Jean-Michel Basquiat - Urban Decay and Disney x Besame Cosmetics (These are untouched and are for decoration only lol)

Best Packaging: The famous Teddy Bear Palette From the Moschino x Sephora Collection

Worst Packaging: Modern Renaissance- Anastasia Beverly Hills (I get so anxious about keeping it clean!)

Limited Edition Favorite: Master Palette by Mario x Anastasia Beverly Hills

OG Favorite: Smokey Eyes - Too Faced

Travel Essential: Natasha Denona Minis 33ECE371-629D-4729-9A6F-45F162FC8DC8.jpeg@darkiceis @sister13 @michelleshops @fatimamummy @heartsmyface @PaletteAddict99 @2manyperfumes @idanyd 

Re: The Palette Tag

@Mcakes I wanted to love this little palette, but whoooaaa was it lackluster!!

Oooh, nice picks, @lmaster!! ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you darlin @haleyvvvv ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster great collection!!

Thank you thank you @MisssE 

Thank you for thinking of me @lmaster but not going to lie ...i saw this yesterday & dreaded it. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@sonnydee haha!!! It took me 4 days!! Lol at least it felt like 4 days

RE: The Palette Tag

Ooo I love this thread idea @Mcakes Thank you for the tag. Guess who will be digging into palette drawers ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Re: RE: The Palette Tag

I'm looking forward to seeing your answers @fatimamummy !

This is such a great idea, @Mcakes!! Thank you for getting it started!! You palette tag collection includes some gorgeous palettes with cute packaging!! ๐Ÿคฉ

Thank you, @idanyd for the tag ๐Ÿฅฐ

I've more recently gotten into palettes (and in general skincare/makeup), but have somehow amassed quite a few palettes. I have a number I haven't really played with a lot, so I tried to fill this out based on what I've gone through (so quite possible these would change in the future). I'm trying not to repeat palettes, so there would some that could have fit for multiple, but I just went with one.

Newest: Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvinaยฎ Mini Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 2 for Face & Body

Oldest: Too Faced White Peach

Most Expensive: Viseart (9 pans)

Most Affordable: SC Enchanted Sky Eyeshadow Palette

Everyday: This changes, I find that I am overwhelmed by too many choices but get bored easily. To combat this, I pull out a different palette each week.

Most Colourful: Ace Beautฤ“ Slice of Paradise Palettes

Smallest: Chella 4 pan from Ipsy

Biggest: Morphe James Charles (*bought it not knowing anything about Morphe or JC, just thought it was pretty)

Best Memory: I used the Violet Voss Like A Boss - PRO Eyeshadow Palette 20 x 0.06 oz/ 1.8 g for my PhD thesis defense, so probably that one.

Worth the Hype: PMG MTHRSHP

Not Worth the Hype: Anything from Too Faced

Favourite Palette From a Favourite Brand: Ace Beautฤ“ Vintage Dawn and PMG MTHRSHP Subversive La Vie en Rose

Most Used: Eek, none really. In the pictures, the ones with black dots or labelled

Least Used: Ones labelled in pictures or with white dots

Best Packaging: CIATรฉ LONDON - Glitter Storm Eyeshadow Palette

Worst Packaging: Morphe 9 pan (its just boring)

Limited Edition Favourite: ABH Jackie Aina

OG Favourite: ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธToo new to have one

Travel Essential: Kaja Eye Bento Bouncy Eyeshadow Trio Spiked Ginger

Black dots are ones that have been used for palette of the week or more. White dots are more unexplored (maybe only used one or swatched.Black dots are ones that have been used for palette of the week or more. White dots are more unexplored (maybe only used one or swatched.

Used for palette of the week project.Used for palette of the week project.

Not really explored much yet.Not really explored much yet.

What an amazing collection!

@haleyvvvv the eyeshadow palette addiction is a slippery slope isn't it?! ๐Ÿ˜„ You have such a nice variety to choose from, great choices! 

Lol, its a problem, @Mcakes!! I keep seeing ones I would like to pick up but I have so many in my collection I haven't explored ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

@haleyvvvv Beautiful! In the bottom picture what are the Aristo, the blue and white one, the wanders one and the one next to that?

Thank you, @Samtian!!

Those palettes are (apologies for the terrible photos):

Zoeva - Aristo palette 

Suva Beauty - Rose Period Palette (blue and white one)

Wander Beauty - Wanderess Fling palette (Wander one)

Winky Lux - Mini Latte Kitten palette (next to Wander one)

@haleyvvvv Thanks! 

RE: Re: The Palette Tag

Wow! What a collection๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜@haleyvvvv

Re: RE: Re: The Palette Tag

Thank you, @MisssE!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

RE: Re: The Palette Tag

This is an amazing collection!!!!! @haleyvvvv

Re: RE: Re: The Palette Tag

Thank you, @idanyd!! ๐Ÿ’–

@Mcakes, I'm going to try this challenge! Thanks for tagging me @2manyperfumes !!!

Newest: UOMA Beauty Black Magic Color Palette

Oldest: Smashbox Double Exposure Palette - my first Sephora eye shadow purchase!

Most Expensive: Urban Decay Born to Run Palette

Most Affordable: Maybelline The Rock Nudes Palette

Everyday: Morphe x Jaclyn HIll Volume 1 Palette

Most Colorful: Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Volume 2 Palette

Smallest: Maybelline x Shayla Urban Jungle City Mini Palette

Biggest: Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Vol. 1 & 2

Best Memory: Morphe x Kathleen Lights Palette - I was so excited because the first time I saw that green shade, I was in love. So happy when I was able to purchase right from the Morphe site and when I got it home!

Worth the Hype: Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Volume 2 - I can't stop raving about this one! The colors, the pigmentation, the versatility of this palette.. I could keep going on and on. Definitely worth the hype in my opinion!

Not Worth the Hype:  Maybelline Urban Jungle City Mini Palette - I tried to get these shadows to work but they were so powdery, impossible to blend, and lacked pigment.

Favorite Palette From a Favorite Brand: Black Magic Color Palette x UOMA Beauty. This palette is STUNNING, I love what this brand stands for, and I look forward to trying out more products. I'm also making a dedicated effort to support other Black Owned Beauty Brands โค๏ธ

Most Used: Jaclyn Hill Volume 1 Palette

Least Used: Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette - I've been trying to use this more often for soft, low-key makeup looks

Best Packaging: UOMA Beauty x Black Magic Color Palette

Worst Packaging: I don't remember!

Limited Edition Favorite: Anastasia Beverly Hills PRISM Palette

OG Favorite: Morphe x Kathleen Lights Palette - I love every single color, one of my favorites overall

Travel Essential: Urban Decay Born to Run Palette - This literally has every shade needed for day/night, smokey, vibrant, whatever you desire makeup looks. And the size is easy to store within your makeup bag and has a mirror!

Thanks for tagging me!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • 33ECE371-629D-4729-9A6F-45F162FC8DC8.jpeg
  • Game 1.jpg
  • Game 2.jpg
  • CF065E91-DFC9-4366-BDA5-3B0695011C51.jpeg
  • Palette collection.jpg
  • Black dots are ones that have been used for palette of the week or more. White dots are more unexplored (maybe only used one or swatched.
  • Used for palette of the week project.
  • Not really explored much yet.
  • E96C4DE6-148C-428D-ABDB-A6DF4EF8A535.jpeg
  • 1546C255-C6F1-4C77-8D0F-09FA9FFF7BD0.jpeg
  • 960D2D26-7EBF-45B1-B414-BD81597A46B3.jpeg
  • IMG_20200619_161259.jpg
  • 631E86AB-23DD-4A3A-9CB0-98FB7E60CAED.jpeg
  • CF6A4773-2348-4813-AF56-FD5B95538CA7.jpeg
  • 9F083833-3F5D-4A58-B614-CB9C4FE82BEB.jpeg
testing