Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

The Palette Tag

Hi BIC Babes! It’s been a while since we’ve done a tag thread, and I saw this one going around YouTube recently so I figured why not carry it over here? I believe Allie Glines and Samantha March started it, but other categories have been added since their original videos. Looking forward to seeing your answers! Always love getting glimpses into everyone’s collections. Going to tag a few people to get this started, please feel free to tag other members too!

Newest: Divine Rose 2- Pat McGrath

Oldest: Chocolate Bar - Too Faced

Most Expensive: From the sticker price alone-Natasha Denona

Most Affordable: Carli Bybel x BH Cosmetics

Everyday: Sultry - Anastasia Beverly Hills

Most Colorful: Saint and Sinner - KVD

Smallest: Dior quint GWP

Biggest: Too Faced Anniversary Palette

Best Memory: Lila - Natasha Denona. This was a gift from the amazing @Tamara76 from the first Sephoria!

Worth the Hype: Mothership Palettes

Not Worth the Hype: Tati Cosmetics Volume 1

Favorite Palette From a Favorite Brand: Bronze Seduction- Pat McGrath

Most Used: Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar - Too Faced

Least Used: Jean-Michel Basquiat - Urban Decay and Disney x Besame Cosmetics (These are untouched and are for decoration only lol)

Best Packaging: The famous Teddy Bear Palette From the Moschino x Sephora Collection

Worst Packaging: Modern Renaissance- Anastasia Beverly Hills (I get so anxious about keeping it clean!)

Limited Edition Favorite: Master Palette by Mario x Anastasia Beverly Hills

OG Favorite: Smokey Eyes - Too Faced

Travel Essential: Natasha Denona Minis 33ECE371-629D-4729-9A6F-45F162FC8DC8.jpeg@darkiceis @sister13 @michelleshops @fatimamummy @heartsmyface @PaletteAddict99 @2manyperfumes @idanyd 

Re: The Palette Tag

Thank you so much, @AMK721 I recently decluttered and reorganized my beauty room - I'll share here soon!  (I just found all these unanswered messages in my inbox - lol)

@Tamara76 We just had to protect Metropolis at all costs lol 😄 I agree, the anticipation of the TF Sweet Peach and the Moschino Bear collection was so much fun. I wonder what the next launch that will get me all riled up will be. 

It makes me so happy to look at your beauty museum Heart 

Awww thank you, girlie!💗 @Mcakes 

@Tamara76 What an amazing collection! 

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT 💗

Oh yaaaay love this thread, but it is giving me a little FOMO haha! since all of you guys have been mentioning the Mario x ABH Master palette as your favourite LE palette:D @Tamara76 @Mcakes @Samtian 

Curious about the Bobbi Brown and Kevyn Aucoin palettes though - are they chalky or was there something else you didn’t like about them? Making a mental note for future purchases 

@Guessgal Haha it's such a beautiful palette. @ElleElleG used it for one of her pan projects and I had like a heart attack watching her pan it. 

Thanks for the tag @Samtian !  I'm still working to pan this one (a tad behind given all that's happening in the world, but I'm not giving up!)

There was a time where I couldn't imagine using it and not having another but now I just want to enjoy it while it's still semi-good 😅

@Guessgal well now that I know your answer definitely won't be the ABH x Mario palette I am officially intrigued as to what it will be 😉

Hi @Guessgal !!!  I'm not a fan of the pigmentation or blendability of Kevyn Aucoin and Bobbi Brown palettes.  Some people love them, though...  i am also not a fan of the Tarteist Pro Palettes  
- They go super muddy on me.

@Mcakes  this is so awesome. I'm addicted to eyeshadow palettes so I'll have to think about what to put in each category.

@AMK721 eyeshadow palettes are my weakness as well! I'm excited to see what your answers will be 🙂

Whoa @Mcakes that’s a long list 😉 I agree it is fun to see what everyone has stashed away over the years. So the Tati is no bueno? Hmmm good to know.. This will be fun. thanks for starting the Thread and the tag ❤️ Badly need a diversion Going to work on this 🙂

@PaletteAddict99 I'm looking forward to seeing your list! I know it's going to be good 😄 The Tati palette isn't ad, it's just not worth the hype IMO. Some of the shades are hard to blend out. The black is amazing though!

Some of mine are repeats because I haven't used all my palettes.

Newest: PMG Sublime Mini

Oldest: Too Faced Romantic Eye (one of the oldest. Not sure on the oldest.)

Most Expensive: I think it was the KVD Matte Metal I had to get on Ebay. 

Most Affordable: Storybook Cosmetics Robin Hood, I got it for $5

Everyday: Too Faced Bon Bon

Most Colorful: Ace Beauty Paradise

Smallest: Clinique Lulu K

Biggest: KVD Fetish in terms of size.

Best Memory: Tarte Rainforest After Dark. I loved it. It went missing until just last year, I was so happy to find it. Or this year. 

Worth the Hype: UD Vice 

Not Worth the Hype: UD Gwen Stefani

Favorite Palette From a Favorite Brand: Too Faced Peach

Most Used: Too Faced Peach

Least Used: Besides the ones not tested- KVD Serpentina

Best Packaging: UD Basquit

Worst Packaging: Smashbox Drawn in, Decked Out.

Limited Edition Favorite: Master Palette by Mario x Anastasia Beverly Hills

OG Favorite: Tarte Rainforest After Dark

Travel Essential: Too Faced Sweet Peach/ Bon Bon.

Game 1.jpgGame 2.jpg

Ooooh, @Samtian I am in a similar boat about not really using my palettes. I really liked seeing your great list!! 💖

@haleyvvvv Thank you! That's the good thing about the eye shadow challenge!

Great collection @Samtian ❤️ I recently did a tag on YT on this and I already need to go by KVD to it yo remember my choices lol.  I bet you my answers to some change seasonally.  

RE: Re: The Palette Tag

Wow!!! This is an amazing collection! @Samtian

Re: RE: Re: The Palette Tag

@idanyd Thank you!

LOL @Samtian  SAME I bought my KVD Matte Metal on eBay as well and paid dearly 😩 FOMO. Totally cool palette though !

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • 33ECE371-629D-4729-9A6F-45F162FC8DC8.jpeg
  • Game 1.jpg
  • Game 2.jpg
  • CF065E91-DFC9-4366-BDA5-3B0695011C51.jpeg
  • Palette collection.jpg
  • Black dots are ones that have been used for palette of the week or more. White dots are more unexplored (maybe only used one or swatched.
  • Used for palette of the week project.
  • Not really explored much yet.
  • E96C4DE6-148C-428D-ABDB-A6DF4EF8A535.jpeg
  • 1546C255-C6F1-4C77-8D0F-09FA9FFF7BD0.jpeg
  • 960D2D26-7EBF-45B1-B414-BD81597A46B3.jpeg
  • IMG_20200619_161259.jpg
  • 631E86AB-23DD-4A3A-9CB0-98FB7E60CAED.jpeg
  • CF6A4773-2348-4813-AF56-FD5B95538CA7.jpeg
  • 9F083833-3F5D-4A58-B614-CB9C4FE82BEB.jpeg
testing