Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Sephora 21 Days of Beauty

From USGWP-

Screen-Shot-2019-08-31-at-12.32.09-AM-1.png

• During the month of September (1-21), there will be daily deals
  • No preview of the deals, we have to check the Sephora site every day to find out
  • 1-3 products will be discounted up to 50% off every day
  • Discounts will be on some of Sephora best, core products
  • Discounts will be available online and in-store
  • Discounts will be available in Sephora and SiJCP
  • Discounts are not available in Canada.
  • Customers are limited to purchase of two of the same product per customer.
  • The products are only available at the discounted price for one day only until inventory runs out.

Re: Sephora 21 Days of Beauty

Excited to at least get BOGO my favorite mascara via this sale. Here’s to hoping we get the ABH brow definer tomorrow... 

this is such a bizarre and bewildering move by Sephora.  It's like they almost want to do price-matching like Nordies, but lack the motivation, commitment, or courage so they do this half-baked thing instead where they copy Ulta but only for very limited quantities. 

The only measurable benefit I can imagine is that it drums up traffic on their site/app which might lead to more sales.....but at least be honest about it and call a spade a spade! 

My new nickname for Sephora: OOSP - out of stock promos.  

I'm baffled by this as well. As best I can tell, the first mention of this sale anywhere was on Saturday, the day before it started. It's almost like Sephora said on Friday afternoon "hey, we should do a 21 Days too" and just threw something together with whoever was unlucky enough to still be in the office on the Friday before a long weekend 😂 Given that brands control prices, and sales require some sort of approval, all they could do at that late date was price match Ulta's calendar. 

Maybe they'll get something a little more unique up as the sale progresses. Perhaps Bite lipsticks or Becca highlighters (they are in the graphic, after all). So far though, it's underwhelming and a bit misleading...there's no real sale here, just a splashy way of price matching. Nordstrom handles that without making a big deal out of it or claiming it's their own "event", so Sephora just feels tacky to me with the way they've handled this. 

@RGbrown definitely agree this has to be one of the stranger things they've done haha. I think they would have been better off just saying we'll be price matching x items check out the sale section each day to see which

@Kim888 I agree.  So confused about Sephora's approach to this.

@Kim888 

Yeah, I think that's what kills me the most. They put out this release that says "super secret, no previews, daily deals, hot products!!!!! You gotta check us out every day!!!!" to build hype. I would have been much more chill about it if they just said "yo, we're gonna start matching the in-store deals from Ulta's sale for the stuff we carry too" and called it a day. That would have been more than adequate, and I would have even viewed it as good news for folks that don't shop Ulta for whatever reason (though I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't 🤣). The way they went about it just left a bad taste in my mouth. 

@RGbrown  I’m going to have to agree with you. Sephora does a lot of things right, but this feels bumbling and awkward. Like your annoying cousin literally copying everything you say at Thanksgiving, just to receive attention too. “ Hey, we have 21 days of beauty too!” Uh...... no you don’t..........it’s just......weird, not classy, and so not what I would expect from Sephora. Feels like a backwards step. If you want to do a comparable or better event, then do it! You can’t even match all the deals because you don’t carry all the same stuff.  It’s a bit insulting to our intelligence if you ask me. I go to Sephora for high class and high quality, and great customer service. Offer more sales or better rewards to frequent and loyal customers. Don’t be obviously money grubbing. It’s tacky, Sephora. 

Yea... I normally don't like to complain about things like this... (i do choose to not shop at ulta just because i already have status at sephora and ulta is just overwhelming to me in store)

BUT of all the days at ulta there was something i was interested in... and none of those things have been on sale at Sephora? It is pretty annoying, especially when it seems that they did this sale to try and compete. Half baked is a perfect way to put it! @drrragon 

Ulta is so much better at letting use points too. I was e...

Ulta is so much better at letting use points too. I was excited when Sephora put out a $100 "gift card" for Rouge for 2500 points. Now come to find out that I have 3 months to use it, I cannot return the item or exchange for something else so if it doesn't work out I'm SOL and this is only for Rouge which I probably won't be next year. Ulta lets ALL tiers use their points for merchandise.

@scott1201 whaaaaat?  no Ulta?  but they let us cash in points without playing hunger games!  😄 

for realz though, a year or two I started shifting purchases over to Ulta and while I still shop at both places, if something's available at Ulta, I tend to buy from there all things being equal. 

At Sephora 1000pts = $25, at Ulta 2000 pts = $125.

@drrragon  "Hunger games."  That description has crossed my mind too.

I hear you, @drrragon! There were many steps to get me here, I promise, hah. Where I grew up there was no Sephora or Ulta but a Sephora inside JCP. Then I worked for Corp JCP (no longer) and there was a constant 15% and a few 25% off sales. Then luxe skincare and makeup became my downfall, sooo.... 

But, as Ulta continues to get more luxe brands I might start utilizing them more. I have started shopping at Nordstrom a LOT more as the brand GWP and sample selection is SO MUCH better. 

I still have a little hope for this sale so we will seeeeeee 🙃😉

I love love love wandering the beauty counters at Nordies!  Heart Heart  It's like Tiffany's 😄

Well good luck @scott1201 , here's hoping you get a good deal out of this 21 Days of Copying Ulta thing 😄 😄

why i can't see today's sales item on website? it's already 12:36am 

@maghk I think the website lags. It’s already on the app. 

8FA8DC50-1BDF-44FD-86D6-8CC862C921A9.png

Thanks! 

now i can go to bed lol

and oh another ulta sales item....i wonder if tomorrow is gonna be another ulta sales item...

@Ispend2much6  Thanks for the tag! I see they have been doing some popular products so I'm excited to see what they have in store for the rest of the days 🙂

@gonerogue the first 2 days have matched Ulta's sale so you may want to check their ad for a preview of what *may* come.

@gonerogue  You are very welcome!  Happy shopping!

Foreo play plus on sale for $24.50Screenshot_20190902-002949.jpg

@Ispend2much6 wrote:

From USGWP-

Screen-Shot-2019-08-31-at-12.32.09-AM-1.png

• During the month of September (1-21), there will be daily deals
  • No preview of the deals, we have to check the Sephora site every day to find out
  • 1-3 products will be discounted up to 50% off every day
  • Discounts will be on some of Sephora best, core products
  • Discounts will be available online and in-store
  • Discounts will be available in Sephora and SiJCP
  • Discounts are not available in Canada.
  • Customers are limited to purchase of two of the same product per customer.
  • The products are only available at the discounted price for one day only until inventory runs out.

Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • Screen-Shot-2019-08-31-at-12.32.09-AM-1.png
  • giphy
  • Ulta
  • Sephora
  • IMG_1906.PNG
  • Screenshot_20190901-110523.jpg
  • Screenshot_20190902-002949.jpg
  • 8FA8DC50-1BDF-44FD-86D6-8CC862C921A9.png
testing