Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Sephora 21 Days of Beauty

From USGWP-

Screen-Shot-2019-08-31-at-12.32.09-AM-1.png

• During the month of September (1-21), there will be daily deals
  • No preview of the deals, we have to check the Sephora site every day to find out
  • 1-3 products will be discounted up to 50% off every day
  • Discounts will be on some of Sephora best, core products
  • Discounts will be available online and in-store
  • Discounts will be available in Sephora and SiJCP
  • Discounts are not available in Canada.
  • Customers are limited to purchase of two of the same product per customer.
  • The products are only available at the discounted price for one day only until inventory runs out.

Re: Sephora 21 Days of Beauty

@annaSEA   I am too.  Samples are helpful also.  I hope this sale is legitimate.  It's hard to imagine a blogger would have all of this info and graphics if it wasn't.  The timing may be off; who knows.

@Ispend2much6 ,

Funny that you said that, because the graphics are one thing that doesn't quite look like Sephora to me.  An element of doubt creeps in...

We'll know soon!  

@tsavorite   I can't imagine what a blogger would gain by intentionally sharing false information like that.  As sponsors, they depend upon people shopping through their links, and Sephora could stop that immediately if she was going against any rules they agreed upon.

The only thing I wonder about is maybe the timing of the sale was moved and she may not have known.  Otherwise, sale's on!

@Ispend2much6 ,

I'm expecting it to happen tomorrow, and hoping it will happen.  Just a comment about the graphics, they didn't look in sharp focus or something.  Maybe it's my eyesight.

It is a very pleasant surprise, but very different for Sephora to not tell us in advance.

@tsavorite ..I'm kind of with you on the graphics.  It seems unlike what Sephora would typically do, they are kind of generic-looking.  It's also weird there's no info elsewhere?  I do miss the weekly wows, but I've noticed without weekly wows, my spending isn't weekly!

Hmm ... very interesting! It looks like Sephora is trying to make sure I'm not giving Ulta all of my money for the next 3 weeks.  Me likes this war for all my beauty spending! Let the games begin!!!! giphy

@sephoraaddict918 I feel like Sephora might lose this one just because people can use points as dollars off especially if it's the exact same deal.

I totally agree with you on that one @SportyGirly125, especially if Sephora is just going to promote the same products as Ulta like they are today. It was very disappointing to see that this morning.

I’m just going to leave this right here. Ever notice how when you go grocery shopping and ad match, Pepsi (or insert any item here)will be on sale at basically every grocery store except maybe one? It’s because the manufacturer (Pepsi) had a discounted price they were offering to every vendor (grocery store). The vendor takes advantage of the sale price and stocks up to offer the consumer (us) a great deal. I don’t know why this is difficult for anyone to understand or why you are complaining. It is the exact same situation in every industry. 

I don't know where you got the idea that we are just complaining or having a difficult time understanding the situation @GG84. The first day of Sephora's "21 Days of Beauty" makes Sephora look like they are riding Ulta's coattail. Ulta has been doing 21 Days of Beauty for years, and I do not remember Sephora offering something similar previously.

Therefore, it was not a good look from a business perspective that today Sephora offered the same items available at Ulta without any items exclusive to Sephora. It made Sephora look like the DECU compared to Ulta's MCU. Also, this is not the ad match situation from your analogy. There have been plenty of sales at Ulta (and other beauty brands) where Sephora has not offered to honor those prices.

Please do not insult our intelligence and talk down to us because our opinions about this situation differ from yours. This is also not a good look. Everyone of us in the BIC are savvy consumers, and we understand business and competition. Businesses are not here to offer us great deals. Businesses are here to make money above all else and by any means necessary. In order to make those profits, they often entice us as consumers with sales, so we spend our hard earned money on their products. Now, that is the same in every industry. 

@sephoraaddict918   This is the kind of war I like!

Thanks for sharing, @Ispend2much6!  Like everyone else, this is the first I've heard of this.  I also don't understand why our Canadian friends are left out.  Sephora definitely owes an explanation.

@Titian06  You're welcome!

Hi everyone! Wow, if the not available in Canada thing is true, that is pretty upsetting. Don’t the consumers there deserve to get deals, too??? What’s the logic behind it? This is the only place I have heard about it too. Nothing on the app, no email, nothing in store...... Very curious. 

@mermadelove   I know.  Weird that it was on a blog; this blog is usually accurate; hope they are this time!

@Ispend2much6  part of me is hoping they are not because I don’t need more incentive to shop! Lol

@mermadelove   I'm with you on that!  That "up to" 50% off leaves me some comfort I won't be shopping much.

@Ispend2much6  Oh that’s a great point. Thanks for pointing that out. It helps!

Thanks for posting about this @Ispend2much6! 🙂 I haven't seen any content promoting it so this definitely caught me off guard. Kinda sad it's not available in Canada, but I guess I'll have to cross my fingers that the deals they're having next weekend are good so I can stop by a Sephora or SiJCP while I'm in town for Sephoria.

@Guessgal   You're welcome; I hope you get some goodies.

Well, this is a shock!  Now we wait to see if it really happens...

It's really interesting that there has been no prior notice about this happening.

A happy surprise!  I hope it's really happening.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • Screen-Shot-2019-08-31-at-12.32.09-AM-1.png
  • giphy
  • Ulta
  • Sephora
  • IMG_1906.PNG
  • Screenshot_20190901-110523.jpg
  • Screenshot_20190902-002949.jpg
  • 8FA8DC50-1BDF-44FD-86D6-8CC862C921A9.png
testing