Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Please help a girl out

So- i am a newbie when it comes to makeup. Specifically when it comes to setting powder. I have tried two different powders and noticed that with both, my concealer settles into lines under my eyes. First picture is the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless powder and the second picture is the Huda Beauty Easy Bake loose setting powder. My question : are the powders be the problem? Am I applying too much? Or do you think it could be the concealer? (I used Natasha Denona Hy-Glam in both pictures) Do you think one powder looks better than the other? Or should i stick to using just a setting spray? For reference i do have drier skin in winter but can lean normal when i keep up with my skincare routine. 

Thank you so much in advance!IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2131.jpeg

Re: Please help a girl out

@juliemyers 
Hi I saw you reviewed the Givenchy Mini Prisme Libre Loose Setting and Finishing Powder . I’m having trouble deciding on which shade to try. Would you mind sharing which shade you chose? I think our skin tones are similar and your review helped me decide to try it out! Thanks!

Hi!

I chose shade 2 Satin Blanc. Works great for me! I hope you love it as much as I do!!

@juliemyers  All concealers settle into lines. That’s just the nature of concealer—even the ones brands claim are “crease proof.” 

Here’s how I minimize that issue under my eyes when applying concealer: 

• Avoid my lines as much as possible with strategic application - I usually need concealer just in my hollow tear troughs, not my entire undereye area. 

• Use a small amount of concealer - usually just 1-2 dots in each tear trough is enough for me. The more concealer I use, the more product there is to pool into my lines. 

• Let concealer sit (unset) for 2-5 minutes, then go back and buff out any that’s pooled in my lines - I gently pull my skin down to open those lines, and use my pinky finger to carefully tap/buff pooled concealer. Then I apply setting powder—just enough to do the job (no baking). 

For reference, I’m in my 50s with mostly-dry combo skin and prominent undereye lines. I rotate through a few different brands’ concealers and most often use By Terry 8HA Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder (loose translucent version). 

And hey, you look great in your photos! 

@juliemyers I have used Natasha Denona Hy-Glam Brightening & Hydrating Medium to Full Coverage Crease Proof Serum Concealer ... with Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free and have combo skin more on the dry side. I don’t have any issues. It could be skincare prep, foundation/concealer or the setting powder? Have you tried changing it up?

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_2022.jpeg
  • IMG_2131.jpeg
testing