Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

EYE SHADOW CENTRAL

A place to share and discuss our love and obsession for eye shadows and other eye related products. Ask questions, share your favorites, post looks and swatches. Anything goes!

eyeshthread.jpg

Re: EYE SHADOW CENTRAL

Omg, if anyone has tips on how to incorporate blue eyeshadow (more than just using as a liner) and not look like I stepped out of the 80s, I'm all ears!

@snoflakefaerie

Didn't you know the 80's are back?! Hahaha. I like to use a natural crease color and keep the blue shadow low on the lid. 😉 

I like doing a blue halo eye. If you're going to do blue mostly mono tone all over the lid, stick to darker blues an avoid anything looking too close to the 80's all over powder blue. If working with lighter blues make sure to have some sort of gradient. 

I love blues, they work great with my skin tone. It's a shame the one trend has made such an adverse reaction to them.

Gradient monochromatic blue smoky eye, or with greens and yellows... even with greys, silvers, black.

I like how purple or pink added will change the look of my blues!  I think it keeps the look away from the flat cold blue look of the 80's.

@LeLeo  how do you mean exactly? 🙂

1499104206570-196217102.jpgI used the same blue on both eyes, and then added pink and purple vs. a light crystal blue.  I think the purple and pink helps break up the straight blue look.  What do you think?  Couldn't get pictures to move over from pinterest, so tried to do self demo;)

@LeLeooh yes I see what you mean now.  Nice!  In my head I was picturing something totally different. Not sure why though... maybe I was way tired at the time. 😄 Thanks for explaining it/showing it to me. Makes perfect sense now. 🙂

Well.... here we go.

• there's always the wash of blue/grey, or a pretty shimmery turquoise lid.
  • If you're feeling bold, make it the base of a halo eye with a pop of silver/gold/rose gold in the middle.
  • Do a gradient and fade blue into taupey brown or a neutral from 2/3 out to the outer V

There's 3 (well, 4). The rules are off.  You can also search Instagram for some good inspiration- or the Beauty Board here.

And... I inspired myself from my own suggestion #2 and this necklace today. I posted the look in the what are you wearing thread.IMG_1744.JPG

@starletta8 That's stunning! 

Ohhh pretty stone! 🙂

So glad you opened this thread @veronika23. Perfect timing. 

After 2 years of constant use of earth tones and mauves I realized that my eye color just won't stand out like before.

I used Guerlain Perle d'Argent 6 yrs ago and it was a beautiful silver palette and the darker color had a hint of blue that suited me so well..

So I'm now considering again a greyish-blue shadow to contrast my brown eyes. I was looking at the Guerlain site and they have a 5 shadow palette I could invest in.. ebfa9d4c0e1d3bba3c5831bbbd4e22eb.jpg

I saw swatches of Dragonfly, Mermaid and Prussian Blue by Anastasia as well and I love them 💙💙💙

I can't wait to see more ideas and inspirations on this thread. Thx a lot..

Ah, btw my ultimate favorite blue eyeshadow look is the EL Blue Dahlia, too blue for me but so exotic!

ff1719480b57c339_BlueDahlia_Fall-Color-colle.jpg

@eleonorarosa Oooo! I love Guerlain's formula, but I have the worst time with greys and steel colors! If you do get any blues, swatch them for me please 🙂 

@themusefactory I will, of course.. 👌

@eleonorarosa Yes! Thank you! Please tag me or I will never find it. The forums are still super confusing to me, lol! 

@eleonorarosa oh my, those EL blues are stunning!

@eleonorarosa.both of those look pretty!  I have the 5 pan blue Natasha Denona one (#3) and those are pretty shades too... I think I posted swatches in the ND thread a while back.  I am a huge fan of bright blues as well... Think Caribbean ;). I'm really a mermaid at heart 😄

@veronika23

It's what I was looking for, it's so perfect..

Thank you !

@eleonorarosaoh good! Cloudy blue (from that set) is a really pretty color.  I think that might make my top 5 for @themusefactory

@veronika23  If this helps, I'm looking for something that rides the line between cobalt and royal... something like this? 

gateway_redirect.php.jpeg

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos53
  • image.jpeg
  • eyeshthread.jpg
  • 2296293.jpg
  • ebfa9d4c0e1d3bba3c5831bbbd4e22eb.jpg
  • ff1719480b57c339_BlueDahlia_Fall-Color-colle.jpg
  • gateway_redirect.php.jpeg
  • IMG_1744.JPG
  • upload_2171224035865269170.jpg