Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

EYE SHADOW CENTRAL

A place to share and discuss our love and obsession for eye shadows and other eye related products. Ask questions, share your favorites, post looks and swatches. Anything goes!

eyeshthread.jpg

Re: EYE SHADOW CENTRAL

@themusefactory,

I favor blue-green eyeshadows!  🙂

@tsavorite haha I know exactly what you're referring to 😄 It was one of the rules created while the world was on a fashion "hangover" from the 80's excesses, along with "no lurex" and "watch out the velvet" 😛 I too am glad we are finally over it. Turn up the glam! 🙂

@DaintyDiva,

You are so right, it was a reaction to the over-done, too much blue eyeshadow with blue eyes look of the 80's!  Then it became a total no-no to wear blue eyeshadow, especially if you have blue eyes.  It was too easy to internalize that "Fashion Rule."  I'm glad that blue eyeshadow is Back!  Especially as an eyeliner.  🙂

Trying to limit palette purchases, but intrigued by the Marc Jacobs advertisement of eyeshadow formulas similar to different fabrics.  Has anyone played around with these?  I want it to be more than mixing shimmer with matte.

@themusefactory - Here are some blues from meowcosmetics(dot)com.  These are loose eyeshadows.  I have tons of these eyeshadows!  You can buy a sample of the color (1/16 tsp) for $1.00.

Colors in spoiler

Spoiler

Flixting

Geek Cred

F P S

Sugar Daddy

Phelgethon

Sylph

Ooh, those are frickin' beautiful!!

Oh man why did I open the spoiler... I love the first 3 😄

Here's my collection of Rouge Bunny Rouge powder shadows.  They are my favorite powder shadow; so buttery, very little fallout, if any, and very wearable. Please excuse the table; it's a family piece and needs refinished.

IMG_1953.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler
Shadow names: back row l-r:Blackpepper Jay,Whispering Ibis, Lilac Reeef Curassow.
Middle row l-r: Volcano Fairy-Wren, Vivacious Maguari, Duo A Major/ Minor, Alabaster Starling.
Front row l-r: Grey Go-Away Lourie, Rain Dove, Chestnut-Napped Apalis, Angelic Cockatiels, Bashful Flamingo, Olive Violetear.
Left palette- l-r, b-f: Snowy Egret, Unforgettable  Oriole, Golden Rhea, Bohemian Waxwing.
Right palette- l-r, b-f: Abyssinian Catbird, Trumpeter Koel, Delicate Hummingbird, Sweet Dust Seriema.

I stumbled across a combo that really works for me, out of products I already own!  It's a miracle!

Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Pink (it's part of a gwp set on her site right now,) and her Long Wear Eye Pencil in Hunter (this is available on sale on her site, but will be discontinued,) and mascara. 

I usually can't wear pink eyeshadows because they make me look like I have conjunctivitis, but this one works well, and is dark enough that I don't look like a ghost or need to wear a second shadow.

What I really appreciate about this shade is it brightens up my face, which is really important to do when you're over 30. 

@Ispend2much6 I love the BB and mixing it with By Terry Misty Rock 🙂 

@themusefactory  Is Misty Rock a lavender gray?  I can't tell from Saks website, but it looks so pretty!  Thanks for sharing.  BB used to also make one of her shadow sticks in a deep green but it's been discontinued also. ::(

@Ispend2much6 

It's such a hard color to describe. It's like a Purple, Taupe, Pink mix. I swatched it for you! Also, my fav green is CT Verushka! (Swatched that next to it) Also, I lost the battle with my rose bush, so sorry about the flesh wound. 

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

@themusefactory  Thanks for the swatches!  Misty Rock looks like Burberry's Dusty Mauve, but a little cooler.  I'm going to have to get that.  And I thought Verushka would be darker so that's great to know.

I'm sorry about your battle wound.  I understand about rose bushes.  I was trimming mine one year when a yellow jacket landed on my hand!  I panicked (don't like bees and they were really bad that summer, I even got stung from just walking out of my front door one day,) and tried to flick it off of me with my brand-new, very sharp pruners.  I cut so deep on my hand that I could see a vein.  So ridiculous.

@Ispend2much6 It's seriously such a pretty color! I'm picky and tend to like things that I can't dupe easily. Like, if I'm going to spend the cash, I want something that works and that someone took the time to make into a really interesting beautiful blend of color, you know what I mean? I've never tried the Burberry, but if you have a chance to play with the By Terry, it's super stunning. By Terry's formula is amazing and they have some other super gorgeous shades. And Verushka is also so nice. I feel like it gets the least love out of the line but it's such a stunner. I like to wear it with burgundy on the lower lash line (which sounds insane, but I swear it's pretty!) and it makes my green eyes pop! 

Oh man, that sucks about the bee assault leading to injury! At least we have each other! 

@themusefactory  Burgundy doesn't sound insane at all.  My eyes have some green in them, and I learned a trick to line my upper lids with a black liquid liner, then put a burgundy cream shadow on top.  It sounds similar to what you did with the green.  It didn't look weird at all.

I agree with your philosophy of spending $ on things you can't easily dupe.  That's one of my criteria for choosing a dish when we eat out!

@Ispend2much6 That's genius! The black liner with burgundy on top! I generally use the green shadow on my top lid and then burgundy on the bottom lash line. But layering them like that is seriously clever! You need to write up a BT Tips and Tricks guide ASAP! 

@themusefactory  It's not my idea though.  I learned it from Trish Mcevoy, whose cosmetics are first-class.  And her brushes! 

Does anyone have trouble moving out of a certain shape? I'm not sure if it's muscle memory or a mental black, but I always struggle to go outside my regular eye shape when doing looks. I can do almost anything inside of that(still working on cut creases), but when I say to myself  "okay, today I'm going to dramatically bring my eyeshadow up further/lower than usual" by the end I find it's pretty much where I always put it.

I think I'm going to work on this(or those darn cut creases) today since I've got it free. I'll let you know how things work out!

Ended up wimping out and tried a cut crease instead and I'm glad I did! I still have to work on getting the "cut" bit to be a bit neater, but otherwise it came out great! Also finally tried the glitter glue I bought for the first time and used it with my Tarte MBIY palette for the lid and I am in love.Can't wait to play around with the technique more!

@Annalily11I am definitely guilty of this! I love to play with different colors and finishes but I always stay within the same area when it comes to trying different eye looks.

@PaletteAddict99,

Look, there's a new Thread just calling your name!  🙂

Conversation Stats
Photos53
  • image.jpeg
  • eyeshthread.jpg
  • 2296293.jpg
  • ebfa9d4c0e1d3bba3c5831bbbd4e22eb.jpg
  • ff1719480b57c339_BlueDahlia_Fall-Color-colle.jpg
  • gateway_redirect.php.jpeg
  • IMG_1744.JPG