Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

Inspired by @Samtian 's new year's resolution and the 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge started by @snoflakefaerie ! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with eyeshadows!!

I have so many eyeshadow shades I never wear!  The 100 days of lip challenge has really encouraged me to branch out! So I'm challenging myself (and whoever else wants to join) to use more of them. I'm going to try to make my way through my whole collection using different shades each day! Share some eye looks or swatches - whatever's easier! 

Spoiler

Tags:

Re: 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge

@FullCoverageBB -- yes, it's pretty bright-in-your-face, right?

5002699E-06FB-41CF-9A99-9CA84FB8798F.jpeg

037EB7CC-E0F0-46ED-99B8-39364DF8AE12.jpeg

 morphe and the Coca Cola 1971 palette. This palette is amazing! Blends very well and pigment is there! Love it 🥰 

30181C42-136D-40C0-B076-B51374523F7D.jpeg

@idanyd  Wow. Great blending!!

Thank you so much 😊@ather 

@idanyd Very nice look!

Thank you so much 😊@tjffc 

So so pretty!!! @idanyd 

Thank you so much 😊 @lmaster 🥰

@idanyd, I love this look! Gorgeous!

Thank you so much ☺️! @FullCoverageBB 

This is another lovely look, @idanyd !  The Morphe Coca Cola 1971 Palette!

Thank you so much 😊@tsavorite 

Super! Pretty look from a pretty cute palette @idanyd , lots of depth and smoky goodness.

Thank you so much 😊@heavyhedon 

Once the Rainbow challenge was over, I decided to count my eye palettes. There were 89. Oh boy.

Now, a few are old & I barely use or do not use, just keeping them for memory's sake or reference. But there were a large handful I'd not used yet, and more barely used. Clearly time to go through them all, a la @Samtian, and get to know them better. Using one hundred shades just isn't enough this time! Setting myself the challenge to use all my palettes in turn. 

I decided not to worry about using every shade in every palette, but making sure I use enough to get a good feel for them, and know when to reach for them in future. My idea is to use 2-5 palettes per week (at least I'm starting out this way), and pairing them up so; older palette with newer palette, less used with more used, & more colorful with complementary neutral. Throwing in a single or two most weeks, and I didn't count my Z palette or mini self-chosen palettes in the count. But I will try to do a "singles" weekend once each month or two. 

So this week, I've been using DOMINIQUE COSMETICS Lemonade Eyeshadow Palette that I recently acquired through Glambot, as I can't seem to let it go yet, and Too Faced Matte Chocolate Chip Eyeshadow Palette, along with ELF's discontinued Friend's Duo in Tea for Two

The mini Matte Chip, unlike the White Chip, doesn't blend perfectly but I still enjoy it. These little duos are fun. 

Tea for TwoTea for Two

Anyway, not much of a look I'm putting here after all of that, couldn't get a pic from Tuesday's look, but here's Monday's-- 

Melty little bare look for a melty day!Melty little bare look for a melty day!melty 001.JPG

Really just two colors here from Lemonade: Chai Tea and Nude Tea, with some cocoa shade from the Matte Chip as liner.

Really love the Lemonade palette, I regretted not being able to get it when it was available brand new, but it was obviously barely swatched and still performs perfectly.

@heavyhedon Yay!!! I can't wait to see everything!

It has been melty huh!! @heavyhedon so beautiful

@lmaster -- So glad it's in the cool 70s today. Thanks so much! 

@heavyhedon absolutely stunning, but that is no surprise. 😁😉😍

@FullCoverageBB TY, you're too kind!

Beautiful 😻@heavyhedon 

32,026 Replies
testing