Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

I'm insulting the be labeled a "ROOKIE."

I'm VIB Rouge and spend lots of money at Sephora every year.  I am insulted by this new "Rookie" label that Sephora has slapped on my profile.  It's insulting and demeaning and frankly inappropriate.

In addition, lately Sephora has had terrible customer service.  I order items and receive empty shipping boxes with only samples.

The samples are a joke too, why even bother asking us when they send us random junk that I just throw in the trash.  Nordstrom asks what I want and ALWAYS sends me the exact sample I choose unlike Sephora who NEVER sends the sample I pick.

When I complained to Sephora about not getting the item (no longer available) that I paid for and ordered and received an empty shipping box, I was promised a return phone call from someone named "Dan Dan." You guessed it, she NEVER CALLED ME BACK.

Now, I'm a "Rookie" and shame on you Sephora for judging your long time customers with stupid labels.  Your web site is down more than it's up and now I'm no longer a valued customer, as I'm a "ROOKIE."

Sephora, you are nothing to me.  I will take my 1K $ plus that I shop at your store and go to Nordstrom where I'm valued, not labeled a "Rookie," and I actually get the samples I pick out.

Re: I'm insulting the be labeled a "ROOKIE."

I felt the same at first because I have almost 10000 points. Then, after my 10 mins of sulking moved on with my life and will continue to shop at Sephora. You will not find a better place to buy your beauty needs, bc they do generally have good customer service if you treat them with respect they also have all the latest trends and new products; AND keyword here FUN - beauty is suppose to be FUN, don’t take it do serious. This community is how you earn your Status I haven’t been active bc I’ve been sick with autoimmune difficulties and I’m ok with that,  but if you want to BOSS UP you will become BOSS status.Anyways hope you changed your mind. Enjoy your day.

Look, I'm very new here but with the samples you may not like them but it says you got them and don't like them but then it says you don't get them at all. I personally just get the samples to try them out. I don't like most of them because I already gave the perfect makeup set from Sephora but I don't HATE getting free stuff. I think you shouldn't either. If your box is empty just call customer service. Honestly I didn't get one of my samples and they gave me free points because of it. Bring labeled a rookie shouldn't  be a bad thing lol. Doesn't mean you suck at makeup.

@MidnightDreamer calm down!! it's just a beauty community chat on here!! personally I'm rookie 3 now, and I can't wait to become raising star because it sounds so cool and cute. I don't mind to become a boss (it's too much of a responsability haha) and I don't mind the go-getter level either, because I can't even translate it in my own language (italian).....just here to have fun and enjoy a happy moment with other BIC people 💗

RE: I'm insulting the be labeled a \"ROOKIE.\"

OMG you sound like president Trump ranting and & Raving about something you don’t fully understand 🤬 Your “rookie” label refers to your amount of participation in the Sephora Insider Community, not how much you spend yearly at their stores. Also, your a ROUGE, congrats! So am I; but really, who cares about the label? I mean, if my grocery store followed the same guide lines I’d be a ROUGE there too 🤪

who cares. these levels are just traps Sephora uses to get you to buy more products. jokes on me, it's working! 

Just wondering why anyone cares about sephora "status" levels. I mean i like being rouge for the free shipping, but honestly all of my orders have met the minimum requirement for free shipping anyway. People stress over making rouge, then when they do make rouge they walk around like they just won the lifetime achievement award. Why does it matter to people? It seems to me that must result from low self esteem, why else would it be so important to be acknowledged as somehow superior or elite? As far as bing labeled rookie that does not offend me in the slightest and i couldn't imagine feeling outraged enough to rant over something like that. Talk about first world problems! Get involved in a more positive and less entitled way and perhaps you will get some points, but honestly it seems a strange and unnecessary goal. You would think people would chat to be helpful, not to get a superior rating to boost their self worth.  As far as samples, how on earth can anyone complain about free stuff!? "My free stuff isn't good enough" that mentality just boggles my mind. I don't mean this as a personal attack but just something to think about. You have no idea how excited i was when i realized sephora gives you 3 free items with every purchase AND promo codes, AND the option to spend points on more free stuff AND birthday gifts, the amount of FREE things we receive should result in nothing less than gratitude and customer loyalty. I urge you to rethink your views and be more grateful.  

@NymphxXxSlip   I don’t believe the majority of people who go up rank on the boards are doing it for status because it truly doesn’t mean anything.   It’s more because they’ve made friends and are sincerely interested in sharing beauty knowledge.  We do celebrate our ranks cause it’s fun and this forum is a little  escape for many of us.  Why not enjoy it.  🙂 

side note- wow this is an old thread!   Talk about a flashback!  

Wow, ok. Thanks for the laugh. Sephora is a multi billion dollar business with hundreds of stores in over 30 countries, it will do just fine without your $1000+. And if you are “insulted” by the rookie status (even though it seems you do not even know what it actually means), you must have had a really sheltered life. There are way worse things to get offended about. But yes, you have a right to post your temper tantrum, and yes, the rest us have a right to comment on that. So I guess everybody is happy in the end lol

Being a rouge member isn't really anything special anyway...

Being a rouge member isn't really anything special anyways... It's not exactly hard to spend a grand here in one year 😂 Most people who shop here make it to rouge which pretty much negates the "eliteness" of being a rouge member.

Your Rouge badge is still there and even before when you couldn't post on the community via the app it still would say rookie until you post a certain amount of time. I doubt anyone is judging you based on your rookie badge, and if status is such a high priority through a beauty message board you may want to reevaluate yourself first.

Well said.

Well said.

When BeautyTalk switched to the new community, everyone s...

When BeautyTalk switched to the new community, everyone started out as Rookie. People will complain about everything. Maybe learn why it says Rookie first?
Anonymous Insider

Personally I don't get bent out of shape or care what term I get called.  Even when I have been called racial slurs I could not possibly care any less.  

If the labels are based on participation here I'll never make it past rookie.  I have a real life to live, and that does not involve hours of my time online or on message boards trying to get a different label.  I mean really who cares?  I don't care what strangers think of my rookie status! I honestly don't even pay attention to the user names!  

Oh shut! Without my glasses I can't see and I thought it read "cookie" and I was thinking that was so cute, unrelated but cute lol 😛

Well would you look at that! Participate enough, and you won't be a Rookie anymore! ❤️

😂🤣😂 oh my goodness I can't believe this thread is STILL going! It feels like months ago when I initially commented! LoL@this comment though 🤣

Anonymous Insider

Have to agree. My 16-yr-old daughter (read: "make-up is my life, apart from my iPhone"), have spent thousands at Sephora, both here in Canada and in the States. The samples are TERRIBLE!!! Saving grace? On our most recent excursion to the cash register, where I paid for the Anastasia Beverley Hills Renaissance palette as a back-to-school gift, along with the new Kat Von D Shade & Light glimmer palette - felt I deserved a Made-it-through-the-summer gift to myself - the cashier strongly recommended I not use my points for available samples. Instead, she suggested waiting for the new and apparently better ones to come in. Another cashier interjected with the precise date of their arrival in-store. First time ever an S cashier hasn't tried to pawn off some junk we both glance at before tossing in the bin. So congrats to them, but shame on all the others. Oh: and is there a reason that such a hugely popular and populated boutique is not better staffed? While the staff that does exist, in all outlets I've visited I must admit, are undoubtedly knowledgeable, the fact remains that each service member appears to be serving at least 3 or 4 customers at once. I tire of finally locating a staff member to acknowledge my inquiries, only to have him or her bark into that oh-so-incredibly-annoying bluetooth and race off to service someone else. Furthermore, the only way in which to avoid frustration enough to leave the store without your purchase is to pay by credit card, at a tiny little table amidst crowds of jostling customers. As a customer who suffers from several handicaps (and let me tell you: negotiating a walker through those crowds is a true joy), S's cash set-up is nothing short of atrocious. BTW: when one does pay by credit at the side table, has anyone else noticed that 9 times out of 10 one must remind the cashier about the sample offer? You have such great stuff, Sephora!! The lines you carry are often nothing short of inspired, and the fact they arrive here in Canada so soon after their initial release is amazing. So please get it together. People are beginning to get turned off by your laissez-faire attitude towards customer service.  

Anonymous Insider

Totally agree!!!! I spend 3K minimum and am sick of empty boxes over a week to get some orders and garbage for samples. Ulta has brought in many of the high end brands rewards you with cash to spend as you like and knows how to treat a good customer. In fact when an order was late they sent me a substantial gift card. I've also been shopping directly from the designers web sites and NM. All are a step up. Can't be Rouge and a Rookie at the same time. Plenty more to say but am out of gas for now. Nice to know I'm not alone

Re: RE: I'm insulting the be labeled a \"ROOKIE.\"

Sephora isn’t required to give anyone anything for free but they are generous enough to do it. You don’t go to Forever 21 or Macy’s and inquire for free samples. It’s a perk that Sephora gives its clients because they appreciate them. Whether you like the sample or not is different. If you’re not a fan you can leave it or ask an employee for a custom sample of your choosing I’m sure they will be happy to do so. 

Yep, it is insulting!! I too never get the samples I choose and the last couple orders I didn't even get the standard 3! I think Rouge members should get what we select because we spend a lot of money here each year.
testing