cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

BI Appreciation Image.png

We are updating the Beauty Insider program with exciting changes to benefits, which you can learn more about here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Program-Updates-FAQS/td-p/4114842

In celebration of our Beauty Insider members, we are offering exclusive access to this year’s Beauty Insider Appreciation Event. Here's the breakdown:

Rouge, you shop the event early beginning Fri 8/24. This means you get 20% off on the hottest beauty products before anyone else. You can continue to shop the entire event through Monday 9/3.

VIB and Insiders get to shop, too! Starting Thursday 8/30, VIB will receive 15% off and Insiders will receive 10% off your purchase.

You can use your discount one time online or as many times as you want in-store. Check your email to get your code!

Want more details? Check out our FAQs:

What is the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event?

This is a special event to celebrate our Beauty Insiders and the recent changes to the Beauty Insider program. This promo is a great excuse to splurge, restock favorites, and start stocking up on fall newness.

What’s the offer?

Rouge gets 20% off, VIB gets 15% off and Insiders save 10%. Plus, Rouge (we see you!) gets to shop early before VIB and Insider.

What if I like to order online?

That’s cool. You can redeem the offer on both US and CA sites. Please note that online orders are one time use however you are welcome to shop as frequently as you’d like in-store.

Can I redeem the offer more than once?

Online you may redeem the offer one time but if you forget something the first time around, don’t even stress. The offer can be used as many times as you want in-store.

What’s my code to shop?

You can shop one time online with your code below based on your tier:

Rouge: YESROUGE

VIB: YESVIB

Insider: YESINSIDER

You can also bring your barcode into store to use as many times as you want. Check your email to get your store barcode!

Dates, please?

Rouge: Fri 8/24 - Mon 9/3

VIB and Insider: Thurs 8/30 – Mon 9/3

Wait, why are the dates split?

As a benefit of our top tier of membership, Rouge gets to shop the event early.

Is this offer available in Canada?

Yes! Some Canada stores may be closed on Mon 9/3 for Labor Day so be sure to call your store for holiday hours and closures.

What about Sephora inside JCPenney?

The offer is valid in Sephora inside JCPenney stores however, the offer is not valid on jcp.com.

Are there any exclusions?

In one word, yes. In lots of words: The offer cannot be applied to previous purchases, gift cards, Flash shipping or PLAY! by Sephora subscriptions, or combined with any other promotional offers. Not valid on purchases of Dyson, customizable sets online or through Sephora’s Customer Service. Clients are limited to three Drunk Elephant-branded items per transaction and three Tatcha-branded items per transaction. Merchandise quantities may be limited, see store for details.

Re: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Thanks for the info @Kay522🙂

RE: Re: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Yep totally agree. They do this every year. Mr Rebates is at 4% now though, I’d recommend using that instead.

RE: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

I’m VIB Rouge and I never received the email either. Very frustrating! Had I not visited the Community section today, 6 days after it started, I never would have known about the sale.

Re: RE: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Hi @houndress,

I'm so sorry to hear that! I have refreshed your email subscription to receive all of our promotional emails. Please PM me if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Helen

Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Where are these new and improved rewards? Imagine spending $750 and getting a face wash of sephora's choice as a token of "appreciation". My order during this event was very small. I am no longer excited to shop at sephora.

RE: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

I am extremely disappointed with Sephora. This sale started since August 24 for Rouge member and I am VIB Rouge , it’s almost a week now but I never received any emails or postal mail about this sale at all , not even in spam or junk mail folder. Even Sephora App Inbox or App itself did not show any notifications for this sale either. I subscribed all emails from Sephora and Postal mail too. Still never received anything. Just found out about this sale from a friend , but many items that I wanted to buy are already sold out both online and in the store since the sale for VIB Rouge started almost a week already. Also I can use the discount code only one time online. That’s very disappointing.

I've noticed that in my app the sale is only showing up once in a while.  I had to search with determination to find any info about the VIB sale.  It's not showing up when I go to the app.  I agree, it's not very well placed on the app for smartphones so many people may be missing out.

Hi @mymicky,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive notification about the current Beauty Insider Event promotion. Please note that you do still have time to shop online and in store. If you would like for me to refresh your email notifications, please send me a PM with your registered email address. 

Best,

Zakiya

Hi Sephora- Im a Rouge member and have already spent quite a lot of money on the most recent event.  Unfortunately I forgot a couple items.  I went to my local store and they were either out of the additional things I was looking for or didn’t carry them in store. Seems a little ridiculous that even after making the effort to go out of my way and make an in store purchase that there is no way to make an exception and be able to purchase online.  This is definitely a bad customer experience and makes me think twice about whether I should be spending more of my dollars at ulta vs Sephora. 

RE: Re: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

I ran into the same issue. I even asked the store Beauty consultants if they could place an order for me since I used my coupon and the store was out of stock (the inventory updates seem incorrect every time) and I was informed they could not as it would count as my online purchase which I had already made. I'm not sure if it's Ultas regular sale time but honestly I work too hard for my money and what I have to spend and a discount is a discount and I'll go where the best deal is and where I can get the items I need and want. This sale even though I did get some items was stressful trying to get everything I was looking to purchase and a lot of time wasted trying to track down items in stores which were sold out before I could get there even though I contacted stores and asked for items to be held under my name (they weren't there when I got there within a few hours time frame). Disappointed...

I was already disappointed enough that the online code could only be used once. However, I am even more frustrated seeing that now when it’s time for VIBs and Insiders to use their discount, not only are more items back in stock but they have a much wider range of products to choose from in the sale section. I thought I was being a smart shopper by shopping early (early bird gets the worm) but definitely not the case here. In my opinion, it feels more like a game and less of a fun shopping experience when trying to shop these sales. 

I feel exactly the same way! I'm Rouge so placed my online order last week, and just looked tonight to see that there are TONS of new items in the sale section that i can't get 20% off of. WTF Sephora...this seems like a deliberate disadvantage to being Rouge. They will be hearing from me about how ridiculous this is.

Agreed.  I wanted a particular Smashbox liquid lipstick and it wasn't on the website when I made my online VIB sale order.  Now it's online and on sale on top of the 20% and it's not available in stores.  Since I can't do another 20% shop I'm out of luck.  That is not cool. 

Imagine if other sales were like this, for example Boxing Day or Black Friday, where shopping when it's half over gave you the better deals and selection. This sale seems a little backwards in my opinion. 

@SephoraBIC

@TeamBI

Curious why Canadian Stores are selling Olaplex No.4 and No.5 in store for $28 but on the App its $38 each. 20180830_133942.jpg

Screenshot_20180830-183431_Sephora.jpg

Please note im in canada not the usa

Hi @GG84,

It appears that the Canada store is currently showcasing the US price instead of the correct Canada price. To clarify the Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL is C$38.00. I will be sending you a PM shortly! Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Helen

Did they actually scan as $28 when you check out? I’ve seen wrong price tags on shelves more times than I can remember in Canadian stores...

Where did you find No. 4 & 5 if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve seen 3 in store but can’t find these ones!

@bonafide11

West of the GTA, are you in Ontario?

@GG84 Yep. In Toronto. I saw No 3 at Yonge and Eglinton yesterday.

I still haven't placed my online order yet- nothing really has caught my eye,

It is unfair to let people use their code once and then add more items/sales near the end of the sale.

If you want to limit online access, I believe that VIBRouges should be able to use the code as many times as they want to and you can offer limited usage to VIB's and BI's (sorry guys but the top tier should receive more perks).

I think that it is also unfair that since the codes are one time use only, to let someone who qualifies to go to the next level during the sale  to get to use the higher level code on line as well (I may be mistaken, if so I apologize,). There should be a cutoff date for making each level before the sale,

I'm hoping that this was a test run and the quirks will be ironed out before this event happens again.

This is exactly how I feel now. One time online use? Fine...

This is exactly how I feel now. One time online use? Fine. Use the code for rouge and then days later suddenly there's a huge sale in app that I can no longer use the code for. I believe this was strategically planned by their sales or marketing people.
3 Replies
testing