Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

Unless I’m mistaken, we don’t yet have a thread dedicated to this amazing brand and Founder/CEO, Danessa Myricks. She launched her line at Sephora in February 2021. I have been so impressed with everything I’ve tried from her brand! I have been following her on Instagram for many years prior to that and was so excited for her to come to my favorite beauty retailer, Sephora. As a makeup artist, she always seems so genuine, warm and positive, and her line was founded on inclusivity and creativity.

On her website, she has instructional videos, some free and some for subscribers or purchase. She does incredible looks with color, but I’ve always been impressed with her complexion looks on all skin colors, tones, and textures. I started following her when I was working part time as a makeup artist at Sephora and I wanted to become more familiar with makeup colors on darker skin tones.

My first purchases from her line were the Colorfix pigments, which can be used anywhere, can be mixed together, and are incredibly versatile. They come in mattes and shimmers/foils in a massive range of colors. Most recently I have absolutely fallen in love with herDanessa Myricks Beauty Lightwork Vol. IV: Transcendence Palette - Illuminating Eye & Face Pigments . It is a phenomenally stunning palette with shades that are guaranteed to turn heads!

Even though I’ve even on a foundation no buy, I couldn’t resist her Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Serum Foundationand Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Glow Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide .

I’ve added a pic of my current DM collection below. I’m missing a couple items from this pic, so I’ll update once I have everything together. 

So, please join me in sharing your loves and observations and pics from this great beauty line! Please post here and tag me if you catch announcements of any beauty releases or other news!

DM Sephora Brand Page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/danessa-myricks-beauty

2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg

From the DM Website:

73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg

Tags:

Re: The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread

Lol I totally did, you snooze you loose 😉😉 @sister13 

@danielledanielle is the Kabuki brush active on the US site??

@CynthieLu, yup

Thank you for that @danielledanielle I was curious 🙏🙏

It's up the Canadian site, new addition today, but it says out of stock.

When her first blush brush was released, it was posted to the Canadian site but we never got any in stock. I hope this isn't the same. I saw her IG videos awhile back when she first released her Kabuki, I would totally cave and get it. 😉

We do have the low lighters and I picked one up, I'm super happy we got those on the CAD site. 😀🎉

Ooh, can’t wait to see it @CynthieLu , yay, which one did you get? I’ve been eyeing this kabuki brush since it launched and just saw her using it again, it looks so nice! @danielledanielle 

I feel the same about the Kabuki @sister13 I think it looks very interesting, and I'd love to try it with my Blurring Balms. 🙂

For her Low Lighter I went with Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Blurring Balm Powder Lowlighter Soft Glow Highlighter Lowkey 

I was debating between it and the pink one but I felt drawn to this one more, so into my cart it went. 

I just posted my first couple looks with Danessa Myricks Beauty Groundwork: Blooming Romance - Palette For Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips on the Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023 thread. I’m in love with it! I am sure I could create similar looks from other products but having them all together in one is one. There are more coral/oranges than I expected, but so so pretty. It’s a nice blend of pinks, corals and deep plums. I’m looking forward to using it more. Here are some pics of the palette and I also posted my review on the product page so it should be up soon. 

Already loved pic:

IMG_2992.jpeg

IMG_2604.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg

Compared to Danessa Myricks Beauty Groundwork: Defining Neutrals - Palette For Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips 

IMG_2746.jpeg

These swatches do not do it justice, it looks so much better in person, but here they are anyway!

IMG_2931.jpeg

@sister13 Gorgeous palette and swatches 💞

Thanks! It’s really pretty in real life! @Mellmars1185 

@danielledanielle I bet these are going to be stunning irl. They look beautiful in the pictures.

Omg So pretty! I saw this yesterday!! @danielledanielle  @CynthieLu 

I knooooo @danielledanielle @sister13 there she goes again. She sure knows how to tempt us. 🫣😍

I hope that it's available on our Canadian site too... but I really shouldn't be dreaming of picking up anything after the sale. I've been avoiding temptations as best I can but this looks interesting right?

Did anyone catch last week’s Teach Me Tuesday? I am beyond excited but they announced a whole brush line with 40 brushes! It’s a collab with mykitco / James Malloy. Sounds like they’ll be sold in kits (eyes, face, etc) and as a whole vault with all 40.They look soooo nice! I don’t need any brushes but I will totally buy these if they don’t get sent to me! Here are some screenshots from the live! @CynthieLu  @danielledanielle 

IMG_2610.pngIMG_2614.pngIMG_2617.pngIMG_2619.pngIMG_2620.pngIMG_2621.png

There goes my low buy, I guess 🤣😭 @sister13 

I hadn't seen this, and now I need to

Sorry I posted right before I creeped on the low buy thread! For get you saw it! @danielledanielle 😂😂

DID YOU GET A SET @sister13 ...I CANNOT PICK FOR THE LIFE OF ME RIGHT NOW, 😂

Why is this stressful, 🤣

Decided on the face set.  The detail set was calling to me, too.. and the whole set.  They all were calling me 😂🤷🏽‍♀️

They are all calling me too! I have been slammed with work this week so today’s the first time I have to evaluate and decide. I’m not sure I can decide and definitely considering the full set, lol. I have to do my friends’ makeup for their wedding, maybe I need ALL NEW BRUSHES for their minimal makeup looks, lol.  @danielledanielle 

MAYBE YOU DO @sister13 😂

@sister13🫣🫣

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos116
  • Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cushion Liners
  • I lightly finger-diffused the left end of each swatch.
  • 1 Inglot cream shadow and 2 Danessa Myricks cream highlighters.
  • hauls2022-April-13-eyelinerswatch.jpeg
  • Danessa Myricks Lightwork vol. III Mini. Couldn’t catch the duochrome shift on some of these swatches very well in my bathroom lighting.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
  • The aqua chrome shades will take some playing around to figure out.
  • 73954D0E-983E-426C-BDDF-C584B59001D5.jpeg
  • 82D54881-2B3B-440A-8EC8-983369DE7C75.jpeg
  • 2B25D451-F0F9-4F6D-BACE-7BD510952380.jpeg
  • 50C15A12-63D8-4A2C-9EB3-9BE63C6DE23B.jpeg
  • D7D84DE4-B935-4C42-89D6-16578BE412BF.jpeg
  • 1EDFA3A4-E425-48EA-BA0B-72E6FA6508BD.jpeg
  • 624DC076-237D-456B-9E84-90E09DB830B0.jpeg
  • B03E28F5-DBAE-4F57-87E4-5E1D635D2EDF.jpeg
testing